windows live messenger???

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Applications Compatibility windows live messenger???

Viewing 82 reply threads
  • Author

i cant download live messenger for win server…….can some1 give me a link 😛

Arris

Here you go, I don’t remember where I got this one from but this is Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018! 😉

Download: Rapidshare
        Mirror 1: Megaupload
        Mirror 2: 4Shared

Arris

Here you go, I don’t remember where I got this one from but this is Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018! 😉

Anonymous

Anonymous

Windows Live Messenger 8.5 won’t install; the only working version is 8.1.

🙂

🙂

Anonymous

🙂

Anonymous

🙂

i’m using 9.0 beta at the moment 😀 works perfect so far

Anonymous

Anonymous

I installed with Messenger 8.5 Standalone, no problem, do not use the WLinstaller only the offline method

I installed with Messenger 8.5 Standalone, no problem, do not use the WLinstaller only the offline method

Anonymous

Anonymous

the version 9 beta works properly without any issues, you can download here http://rapidshare.com/files/73482258/WLM9B.zip

the version 9 beta works properly without any issues, you can download here http://rapidshare.com/files/73482258/WLM9B.zip

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

I installed Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018 using the offline method but it doesn’t work well. Most of the time no problems but sometimes when MSN starts I get the error “MSN has caused some problems. The computer will shut down in 1 minute”.

You know folks, when these people (M$ in this case) put restrictions on the software like controilling the version you intall and whether the OS version is the right one they do this for a reason. Besides the fact that they may have commercial reasons (let’s face it, if we were in their position we would do the exact same thing) sometimes there are also technical reasons. I guess what I’m trying to say is that not because someone finds the way to bypass the version checks or the way the apps are packaged/installed it means that the apps will actually work 🙁
                                  So, becarefull when installing apps using this kind of workarounds otherwise you may endup with an unstable system

I installed Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018 using the offline method but it doesn’t work well. Most of the time no problems but sometimes when MSN starts I get the error “MSN has caused some problems. The computer will shut down in 1 minute”.

You know folks, when these people (M$ in this case) put restrictions on the software like controilling the version you intall and whether the OS version is the right one they do this for a reason. Besides the fact that they may have commercial reasons (let’s face it, if we were in their position we would do the exact same thing) sometimes there are also technical reasons. I guess what I’m trying to say is that not because someone finds the way to bypass the version checks or the way the apps are packaged/installed it means that the apps will actually work 🙁
                                  So, becarefull when installing apps using this kind of workarounds otherwise you may endup with an unstable system

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Arris

Never heard of that error message. Are you sure you don’t have a virus or some script that runs the command:

shutdown -r -t 60 -c "MSN has caused some problems. The computer will shut down in 1 minute"

[attachment=0:3rdemm30]msnShutdown.jpg[/attachment:3rdemm30]
                                            If you get that message, try to execute the following command in Start -> Run:

shutdown -a
                                            Arris

Never heard of that error message. Are you sure you don’t have a virus or some script that runs the command:

shutdown -r -t 60 -c "MSN has caused some problems. The computer will shut down in 1 minute"

shutdown -a
                                              Anonymous

shutdown -a
                                                Anonymous

shutdown -a
                                                  Anonymous

shutdown -a
                                                    Anonymous

shutdown -a

I have a big big big problem with WLM i installed version 9 whithout probles but since i change my connection i can see the contact webcam and they can see muy webcam, the problem not is for my connection becouse i tested on laptop with XP and i see my contact, i don know i supose that it take more time and wont be able to connect becouse lost connection, i try to uninstalled and installed an old version but the same problem, can any bady help me, or anybady know how to enlarge to timeout connection, please please

OK: the problem was solved i just change the router and everything going well, it´s just connection problem

I have a big big big problem with WLM i installed version 9 whithout probles but since i change my connection i can see the contact webcam and they can see muy webcam, the problem not is for my connection becouse i tested on laptop with XP and i see my contact, i don know i supose that it take more time and wont be able to connect becouse lost connection, i try to uninstalled and installed an old version but the same problem, can any bady help me, or anybady know how to enlarge to timeout connection, please please

OK: the problem was solved i just change the router and everything going well, it´s just connection problem

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

I installed version 8.5.1302.1018 and it didn’t even show a warning.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

I have patched the WLM installer to disable the “This is not working on windows server blabla”

http://blog.darkstack.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/wlinstaller.exe

Have fun 🙂

I have patched the WLM installer to disable the “This is not working on windows server blabla”

Have fun 🙂

Have fun 🙂

Anonymous

Have fun 🙂

Anonymous

Have fun 🙂

• #59064
                                                                          Anonymous

Have fun 🙂

• #59073
                                                                            Anonymous

Have fun 🙂

• #45281

Can you explain how you did that?
                                                                              I would like to use the new Beta (http://download.live.com/messenger) on my Server.

Never mind, find it here: http://cid-fabdddc5cad93494.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Windows%20Live%20Wave%203%20Installers/Messenger.msi

• #45347

I would like to use the new Beta (http://download.live.com/messenger) on my Server.

Never mind, find it here: http://cid-fabdddc5cad93494.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Windows%20Live%20Wave%203%20Installers/Messenger.msi

• #45353

• #59028
                                                                              Anonymous

• #59057
                                                                                Anonymous

• #59066
                                                                                  Anonymous

• #59075
                                                                                    Anonymous

• #45283

Digsby >>>>>>>> MSN

Seriously try Digsby, has so many more features than msn, and can use multiple IM accounts and integrate them into Digsby.

• #45349

Digsby >>>>>>>> MSN

Seriously try Digsby, has so many more features than msn, and can use multiple IM accounts and integrate them into Digsby.

• #45355

Digsby >>>>>>>> MSN

• #59030
                                                                                      Anonymous

Digsby >>>>>>>> MSN

• #59059
                                                                                        Anonymous

Digsby >>>>>>>> MSN

• #59068
                                                                                          Anonymous

Digsby >>>>>>>> MSN

• #59077
                                                                                            Anonymous

Digsby >>>>>>>> MSN

• #45282

damm my beta 9 version 2009 (build 14.0.3921.717) is requesting an update that will not install as it is looking for xp now. Keep looping from update to unable to sign in. I’m moving to digby now as this will not work without it updating which it can’t do. The version Darkstack posted is french for those interested and I get no where with that version either. Thanks for the different client end0rphine.

Update*** installed digby which works fine for messaging but the issue I found was it’s camera integration is poor and it’s self advertising on that point is not good. I’ve used the 8.5 version Arris posted and that works fine.

• #45348

damm my beta 9 version 2009 (build 14.0.3921.717) is requesting an update that will not install as it is looking for xp now. Keep looping from update to unable to sign in. I’m moving to digby now as this will not work without it updating which it can’t do. The version Darkstack posted is french for those interested and I get no where with that version either. Thanks for the different client end0rphine.

Update*** installed digby which works fine for messaging but the issue I found was it’s camera integration is poor and it’s self advertising on that point is not good. I’ve used the 8.5 version Arris posted and that works fine.

• #45354

• #59029
                                                                                              Anonymous

• #59058
                                                                                                Anonymous

• #59067
                                                                                                  Anonymous

• #59076
                                                                                                    Anonymous

• #45356

I see the forced upgrade on mess.be which explains my issues. Thanks for that site it’s great. If your ever up in brissie let me know and I’ll buy ya a beer.

• #45357

@JoeSoap wrote:

I see the forced upgrade on mess.be which explains my issues. Thanks for that site it’s great. If your ever up in brissie let me know and I’ll buy ya a beer.

Haha cheers man, my mother lives up there so you never know I might hold you to that! Didn’t know of any other aussies on here 🙂 Yes its a very cool site, lots of crap goin on though sometimes it overwhelmes me.

• #45358

I got the latest beta WLM running without any hiccups.

The easiest way is to run WLM installer on a regular windows machine and copy the messenger.msi and contacts.msi to your server 2008 machine and install both of them.

Of course, you need to search for the two msi files. They should be inside some temp folder…. forgot the path.

• #45359

@hsjc wrote:

I got the latest beta WLM running without any hiccups.

The easiest way is to run WLM installer on a regular windows machine and copy the messenger.msi and contacts.msi to your server 2008 machine and install both of them.

Of course, you need to search for the two msi files. They should be inside some temp folder…. forgot the path.

Start > Run > type in %TEMP% and hit and that’ll take you to the standard TEMP folder. 99% of the time MSI Installers extract to here, inside a semi-randomly named folder.

• #45360

Hey. My first post here. :mrgreen:

I installed messenger 9 beta sucessfully! This page helped my a lot:

http://darkcold.com/technology/hacks/how-to-install-windows-live-messenger-9-beta-and-live-wave-3-applications-on-windows-server-2008-and-possibly-2003

Edit: Sorry for mistakes, i dont speak/write english usually =)

• #45361

Glad you got it working 🙂

How awesome is the WLM v9 Beta though! I love it!

Viewing 82 reply threads
                                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.