Windows Fax and Scan

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Wish List Progress Windows Fax and Scan

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Arris

Description: Use the Windows Fax and Scan application in Windows Server 2008.

Solution
        [s:sd0psjr9]Can someone try to download Windows Fax and Scan.zip from 4shared and use the scanner / fax? Extract the right architecture to C:WindowsSystem32, then run C:WindowsSystem32WFS.exe. I got these files from clean installations of Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 x86/x64. If it works fine I'll add a new tutorial to the manual.[/s:sd0psjr9] Thanks for your reply! 🙂

See Day2Die’s comment!

@Arris wrote:

Description: Use the Windows Fax and Scan application in Windows Server 2008.

Possible Solution
        Can someone try to download Windows Fax and Scan.zip from 4shared and use the scanner / fax? Extract the right architecture to C:WindowsSystem32, then run C:WindowsSystem32WFS.exe. I got these files from clean installations of Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 x86/x64. If it works fine I’ll add a new tutorial to the manual. Thanks for your reply! 🙂

Thanks Arris, I don’t use my scanner that much, but I check it out and it work fine.

I test it at the moment but it gave me an error when I try to add a fax account to use my build in analog modem. Any solution?

Arris

What error do you get? Maybe you can also add the log of Process Explorer of the WFS.exe process as attachment.

@wolfi.thomas wrote:

I test it at the moment but it gave me an error when I try to add a fax account to use my build in analog modem. Any solution?

You are right, fax does not work. Go to File > New > Fax > Connect to a fax modem > Next > Account Wizard Error: An error occurred. Please try the operation later or contact your Administrator.

The scan, however work great, I can actually use my scanner now, even thought I rarely use it.

Arris, go ahead and publish the article and we can deal with the aftermath later. Many of us can benefit from it (even without fax).

Here the logs (one till the error message ocours at the moment trying to add a fax account to local modem, one till I canceled it and close the program)

I have running a x86 version of server 2008 standard and running a normal user account (the error occours, when I try to run it with administrator rights, too)

I hope I saved the log in right format…

http://www.speedyshare.com/827900932.html

Arris

Okay, thanks for the logs! Let’s proceed! I created a new package and added the following files: FXSRESM.dll, FXSTIFF.dll, FXSUTILITY.dll. Again copy them all to C:WindowsSystem32. After that execute the command: regsvr32 C:WindowsSystem32FXSUTILITY.dll in Start -> Run. The first file is the file that is missing according to the log of wolfi.thomas, the other two files were missing when I checked the WFS.exe file with Dependency Walker.

Download it here.

Keep us updated, and if it doesn’t work yet, create a log using Process Explorer again and tell me what you were doing! 😉

Another log (as zip archieve) because the error is still the same…

Best wishes…

Wolfi (wolfi.thomas)

http://www.speedyshare.com/723371470.html

Arris

Okay, I didn’t add the .MUI files, here you go!

Download Windows Fax and Scan v0.3.zip

Added files:
              en-USFXSCOMPOSERES.dll.mui
              en-USFXSRESM.dll.mui
              en-USFXSUTILITY.dll.mui

Copy them to:
              C:WindowsSystem32en-US

Windows Fax and Scan is already include in Windows Server 2008. To enable Windows Fax and Scan: go to Server Manager > Add Roles > Next > check Fax Server and Print Services > Install

I have tested and it works!

Note that Desktop Experience must be install.

Here is a screenshot

Windows Fax and Scan is already include in Windows Server 2008. To enable Windows Fax and Scan: go to Server Manager > Add Roles > Next > check Fax Server and Print Services > Install

I have tested and it works!

Arris

Nice work! Didn’t know it could be that easy! Wish SATISFIED / Topic CLOSED! 😉

Viewing 11 reply threads
            • The topic ‘Windows Fax and Scan’ is closed to new replies.