Windows Explorer keeps on crashing on me…

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Applications Compatibility Windows Explorer keeps on crashing on me…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Well just very recently, Windows Explorer continually crashes whenever I try to exclusively use it (browse folders for files). I’ll maybe get like 2 folders deep and then it will say that “Windows Explorer has crashed”. Has anybody known about or experienced something like this before? Thanks in advance! :mrgreen:

Arris

If you get the Windows Explorer has stopped working message, on the bottom click View problem details and search at the internet for the value of [Application Name] [Exception Code] [Fault Module Name] [Exception Offset] for example: explorer.exe c0000135 somedll.dll 0006ecfb. If no results are found you can try to remove the 3th or 4th keyword and search again.

Of course you can also paste the whole Problem signature at this forum, and we will together find out what the problem is! 😉

Here’s what I get when I choose “See details” or whatever. Any ideas?:

Problem signature:
        Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
        Application Name: explorer.exe
        Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
        Application Timestamp: 47918e5d
        Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
        Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
        Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a76d
        Exception Code: e06d7363
        Exception Offset: 000442eb
        OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.274.10
        Locale ID: 1033
        Additional Information 1: 2e76
        Additional Information 2: 44e6a7f18312ed4ff6ac15f2aa63ea01
        Additional Information 3: f586
        Additional Information 4: 1214e78969616d0fcdb565e541d5edf0

Arris

I can’t find anything useful information about this problem at the internet. Have you installed any programs that are running an extension in Windows Explorer (Check with Sysinternals Autoruns in the Explorer tab where Publisher is not Microsoft Corporation)? Try to remove these programs one by one to find out which program causes the crashes.

Thanks for the replies Arris. Here’s what the Explorer tab looks like for me (with Microsoft entries hidden):

Click for full size

After a little bit of research, it maybe looks like that top entry could be a problem?
          Google “lkklfutq.dll” and see some of the results.

Arris

I would remove that jkklfutq.dll file if I were you. Looks very suspicious indeed! 😉 If it’s still crashing, disable or remove the ones that are not listed in my autoruns tab:

Hope that will solve your problem! 🙂

Viewing 5 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.