Windows Calendar

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

In Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Callendar (and other Vista apps) is a part of the Windows Live Essentials pack. 😉

In Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Callendar (and other Vista apps) is a part of the Windows Live Essentials pack. 😉

@AsciiWolf wrote:

You sure? When I run the installer I only see these:

Mail
      Photo Gallery
      Toolbar
      Writer
      Family Safety
      Microsoft Office Outlook Connector
      Microsoft Office Live Add-in
      Silverlight

No Calender 🙁

Now, let me say that I post this because I want a standalone calendar, not some online service or email client bundle.

@AsciiWolf wrote:

You sure? When I run the installer I only see these:

Mail
      Photo Gallery
      Toolbar
      Writer
      Family Safety
      Microsoft Office Outlook Connector
      Microsoft Office Live Add-in
      Silverlight

No Calender 🙁

Now, let me say that I post this because I want a standalone calendar, not some online service or email client bundle.

Yeah I’m pretty sure it’s in Windows Live Mail now.

Yeah I’m pretty sure it’s in Windows Live Mail now.

Affirmative, Calender has been integrated into WLM.

Affirmative, Calender has been integrated into WLM.

Like I said, email client bundle is not really what I want. So the goal is to get Windows Calendar working with task scheduler.

Like I said, email client bundle is not really what I want. So the goal is to get Windows Calendar working with task scheduler.

OK that’s easy, once I set the correct permission in C:WindowsSystem32TasksMicrosoftWindows

Now reminder works.

OK that’s easy, once I set the correct permission in C:WindowsSystem32TasksMicrosoftWindows

Now reminder works.

I can copy it from R1 to R2 and it runs except the Reminder feature. For some reason it won’t create a reminder task in task scheduler.

I created a WindowsCalendar folder using admin account but limited users can’t create task in there; I guess that’s how calendar fails.

Nothing in event viewer either.

As a last resort I’ll just put it in registry run or the startup folder. But it’s nicer if it works with task scheduler.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.