Windows 7 logon Blank Picture

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous Windows 7 logon Blank Picture

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,
      i am currently running a domain on windows server 2008 R2 with windows 7 workstations.. i would like to know if there is a way to change the blank picture above the login to a company logo.

from this:
      to this:
      if anyone could help me out, i would greatly appreciate it. 🙂

Create a Domain GPO and enable the following policy.

Policies > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > User Accounts > Apply the default logon picture to all users

The default user picture is stored at %PROGRAMDATA%MicrosoftUser Account Picturesuser.bmp.

1. Rename user.bmp to user.orig
      2. Paste your company logo’s image (in .bmp format) and rename it user.bmp.

When your group policy processes user.bmp it should load your company logo. The logo should be 128×128 pixels for best looking display.

Let me know if this works.

hey i tried what you said..
      it didnt quite work..
      what it did was, it changed all of the users pictures to the logo.. but it still showed a blank transparent box whilst the users type in their username and password.
      is there anything else i can try?

*bump* does anyone else have any suggestions.. i REALLY want to get rid/replace of this stupid box.. :/

Hey I also have that problem! I can fix it if I make the Novell Client as first client and set the properties “Default BMP” to the picture file. But if Microsoft Client is set as default is always displays that stupid blank box… how to make it fetch the right bmp?

Anonymous

I have the same issue, did u get it fixed?
        Any help mega appreciated

@Spudals wrote:

hey i tried what you said..
        it didnt quite work..
        what it did was, it changed all of the users pictures to the logo.. but it still showed a blank transparent box whilst the users type in their username and password.
        is there anything else i can try?

If the “‘Do not display last username” security setting is applied in Group Policy the default company logo will only be applied to users after they have logged in. It will never show during the logon screen. Microsoft has blanked the picture for security hardening during authentication process. Think of it like strengthening the “Something you Know….something you have, something you are” security principal.

Here is Novell’s step-by-step guide on how to add a picture, but as you can see in step 6 above figure 11 you can see they tell you to set the “Interactive logon: Do not display last user name” setting to disabled.

http://www.novell.com/communities/node/11446/setting-standardized-login-screen-windows-7-pc

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.