Windows 7 Enterprise Trial

Forums Operating Systems Other Windows Operating Systems Miscellaneous Windows 7 Enterprise Trial

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Windows 7 Enterprise Trial is available for free download. I preordered the home premium. I don’t want to do a clean reinstall. Is it technically possible to “downgrade” to Windows Home Premium when it is released? (Accourding to MS is it not possible)

Windows 7 Enterprise Trial Copies CANNOT be converted to a consumer copy due to it is a volume licensing version. If it was a Professional eval copy (not released yet, I think), you could enter a Windows 7 Professional Key to continue using that copy.

I heard this on the Windows Weekly podcast today. It’s in the first 30 minutes or so if you wanted to give it a listen.

Anonymous

Windows 7 Enterprise Trial Copies CANNOT be converted to a consumer copy due to it is a volume licensing version. If it was a Professional eval copy (not released yet, I think), you could enter a Windows 7 Professional Key to continue using that copy.

I heard this on the Windows Weekly podcast today. It’s in the first 30 minutes or so if you wanted to give it a listen.

You’d have to uninstall the game then probably.

Anonymous

You’d have to uninstall the game then probably.

Arris

@jackthomas wrote:

I downloaded the W7 advisor, shortly after it starts, it asks for Shrek 2 Disk (Shrek 2.msi). We used to have that game, but it is long gone. Why that disk, without it I can not complete the scan. Thanks.

Run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to fix msiexec, then try to install the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor again.

Anonymous

@jackthomas wrote:

I downloaded the W7 advisor, shortly after it starts, it asks for Shrek 2 Disk (Shrek 2.msi). We used to have that game, but it is long gone. Why that disk, without it I can not complete the scan. Thanks.

Run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to fix msiexec, then try to install the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor again.

In Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool I see that 5 rearms left in Windows 7 Enterprise 90-day trial version (6*90 days=540 days 😀 ). The question is: slmgr.vbs -rearm works on W7E after activation and evaluation period expire or no?

Anonymous

In Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool I see that 5 rearms left in Windows 7 Enterprise 90-day trial version (6*90 days=540 days 😀 ). The question is: slmgr.vbs -rearm works on W7E after activation and evaluation period expire or no?

Viewing 8 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.