What do you call this and how do you disable it?

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous What do you call this and how do you disable it?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • #44157

      Hello, what do you call the thing in the red box and more importantly, how do you get rid of it? I would have thought that it would have something to do with thumbnails, but since it’s not Aero theme it doesn’t seem to be that.
      I have looked all over the Start Menu properties and Group Policies, but I cannot figure out how to make it so that it doesn’t appear when the mouse is hovering over it.
      I guess the main reason I am having such a difficult time is because I do not know what it is called.

    • #51354

      i think its group windows with the same kind

      u can disable it via properties on taskbar

      and change the taskbar buttons to something else

    • #51355

        These are usually the applications’ thumbnails, but because you are not using the Aero interface, just the application titles are shown.

        The only solution I could find is to extend the delay for the thumbnail to appear. This can be done by opening the Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedit.exe -> OK) and navigating to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced. Create a new DWORD (32bit) Value and call it ExtendedUIHoverTime. Double click it to edit the value, set the selection box to Decimal and enter a large value. The value is in milliseconds so a value of 10000 or 20000 will be sufficient.

        Logoff and re-login to apply the changes.

        Good luck! 🙂

      • #51356

        Very nice workaround. Thank you so much!

    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.