WARNING!!nVidia Driver issues!!

Forums General General Discussion WARNING!!nVidia Driver issues!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

They released a major update for thier graphics card drivers that has caused everyone blue screens, shut downs and decreased performance on games.

Some people that have NF200 Chipsets are even having thier cards physically die on them. Others even without that chipset are experiencing that problem

what is going on with the driver? well the version is 191.07 (or any 190 series drivers). The driver is causing the cards to be overclocked and the fans to shut down or decrease the speed really low so that they are overheating and killing the cards.

where can I get more infromation? simple…. visit these forums and possibly join and discuss with more users of your nvidia graphics card:

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=78399&highlight=warning+nvidia

http://www.evga.com/FORUMS/tm.asp?m=100961981

if possible there are beta drivers from nvidia that could ether cause more problems or fix things 195.x are the version number

now I am running an 8800GT and I got the driver 186.86 and I am not having any issues with borderlands or any other games.

OTHER PC is running a 9800GT and his driver is 185.85 and he is just fine as well.

SHAME ON YOU NVIDIA FOR LETTING THIS HAPPEN. I am hoping that they fix this and help the other people who had to RMA thier cards.

I got the email from nVidia about the new driver, and was going to try it, but decided against it as it was a beta. Good thing I did, it seems. Release 186 is working great for me (ThinkPad SL400 w/ 9300M GS).

Anonymous

I got the email from nVidia about the new driver, and was going to try it, but decided against it as it was a beta. Good thing I did, it seems. Release 186 is working great for me (ThinkPad SL400 w/ 9300M GS).

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.