VPN not working

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous VPN not working

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I’m running Windows 2008 R2 because I need the functionality provided by Hyper-V. However, I cannot get my VPN access to the corporate network working.

Is there anything special I need to do to get VPN client working in R2.

Thanks
      Stokesy

Arris

Have you checked for any firewalls that might be blocking the connection? I tried the free itshidden.com VPN service and it works fine here. So, try to disable all firewall/anti-virus software including the Windows Firewall and see if it works then.

Anonymous

Have you checked for any firewalls that might be blocking the connection? I tried the free itshidden.com VPN service and it works fine here. So, try to disable all firewall/anti-virus software including the Windows Firewall and see if it works then.

Does your company use IPSec authentication for securing its VPN tunnel? Some ISPs consider IPSec a business class transaction and will not allow port forwarding through the modem. Also, is your router capable of IPSec passthrough?

Anonymous

Does your company use IPSec authentication for securing its VPN tunnel? Some ISPs consider IPSec a business class transaction and will not allow port forwarding through the modem. Also, is your router capable of IPSec passthrough?

Viewing 4 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.