UT3 Demo stop installing with "incorrect version"

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Games Compatibility UT3 Demo stop installing with "incorrect version"

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi,

I am having an issue trying to issue some demo’s as the exe extract’s an msi file which then complains about from OS version.
      Now I have used orca to remove this check but the issue is when I try and execute the msi directly it stops saying this can only be run from an exe.

Demo I am trying to install is UT3 beta demo.

Cheers

Arris

Here is how to install the Unreal Tournament 3 Demo on Windows Server 2008.

1. Open Windows Explorer, enter in the location bar %tmp% and press enter; press CTRL+A and delete all files from the temp directory (maybe some can’t be deleted, just skip them)
        2. Download and start UT3BetaDemo.exe, and when the error message appears, go to the Task Manager and kill the UT3BetaDemo.exe Process.
        3. In the temp directory two folders with random names are created (like {XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX}), browse to the folder that contains setup.exe and many other files for DirectX etc. Copy the setup.exe and paste it in the other [random name] folder so Unreal Tournament 3 Demo.msi and setup.exe are in the same folder.
        4. Remove the LaunchConditions from the Unreal Tournament 3 Demo.msi file using the Patching .msi installers tutorial.
        5. Open Setup.INI and at the bottom of the file replace

[Languages]
        count=1
        default=409
        key0=409
        [Unreal Tournament 3 Demo.msi]
        Type=1
        Location=Unreal Tournament 3 Demo.msi
        [Setup.bmp]
        0=Splash.bmp
        Type=1
        [dotnetfx.exe]
        Type=1
        Location=isnetfx.exe
        [WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86.exe]
        Type=1
        Location=WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86.exe
        [instmsiw.exe]
        Type=1
        Location=instmsiw.exe

by

[Languages]
        count=1
        default=409
        key0=409
        [Setup.bmp]
        0=Splash.bmp
        Type=0

6. Run the setup by doubleclicking setup.exe! :geek:
        7. Happy fragging!! 😉

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.