TV Application

Viewing 92 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve got installed a tv card driver in Server 2008 64-bit OS, which in Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS works normally (with Windows Media Center and with the KWorld Multimedia tv application). In Server 2008 64-bit OS it appears normally in Device Manager (as “Philips SAA713x Hybrid Capture Device”), the KWorld Multimedia tv application opens normally, but when Channel Scanning runs the message “Interface not supported” appears. Is it possible that some additional configuration by Server Manager or Local Group Policy Editor etc. is needed, (apart from having enabled Quality Windows Audio Video Experience)? Is it possible that there is a Windows Media Center for Server 2008 64-bit OS?

same problem here… 😥

My DVB-T device (Pinnacle 200e) is installed perfectly like under Vista x64 (with the same driver). But DVBdream says “Cannot Initialize DVB-Hardware”. I’ve tried even more DVB-Apps…but none is working. Which switch has to be turned on to make DVB work under Server 2008 Enterprise?

thanks in advance.

FixXx

Anonymous

same problem here… 😥

My DVB-T device (Pinnacle 200e) is installed perfectly like under Vista x64 (with the same driver). But DVBdream says “Cannot Initialize DVB-Hardware”. I’ve tried even more DVB-Apps…but none is working. Which switch has to be turned on to make DVB work under Server 2008 Enterprise?

thanks in advance.

FixXx

ok…. Server 2008 has no support for BDA-TVtuner! but I love this OS…does no one has an idea how to make it work?
        maybe tranfering everthing whats needed from vista?

Anonymous

ok…. Server 2008 has no support for BDA-TVtuner! but I love this OS…does no one has an idea how to make it work?
          maybe tranfering everthing whats needed from vista?

Arris

I don’t have a TV Tuner card in my pc here, so I can’t help you. As you might have seen there is a topic about this problem on the Microsoft TechNet forums, but they don’t have a solution yet… 😕 The only thing we can do is waiting and keep our eyes open!

Anonymous

I don’t have a TV Tuner card in my pc here, so I can’t help you. As you might have seen there is a topic about this problem on the Microsoft TechNet forums, but they don’t have a solution yet… 😕 The only thing we can do is waiting and keep our eyes open!

I have the same problem with my AVermedia TV card. Anyone who has found a solution yet?

Anonymous

I have the same problem with my AVermedia TV card. Anyone who has found a solution yet?

I am almost betting the world that this is due to the drivers or fimware (built into the card) causing these issues. I did have a ATI 650 something or other card and it had issues in Vista (even though they stated it was Vista certified). It was all due to the way the OS seen the card. After talking with ATI I found out it was the micro code or firmware that was causing my issue. They then told me it was Vista certified, but between the OS and my mainboard it was being reported wrong to the system.

I took it back and made the chain store give me my money back. Then i just put a TV and DVR in my computer room. It cost me more, but my PC is not being used (proccesses) for the tv and recording.

Anonymous

I am almost betting the world that this is due to the drivers or fimware (built into the card) causing these issues. I did have a ATI 650 something or other card and it had issues in Vista (even though they stated it was Vista certified). It was all due to the way the OS seen the card. After talking with ATI I found out it was the micro code or firmware that was causing my issue. They then told me it was Vista certified, but between the OS and my mainboard it was being reported wrong to the system.

I took it back and made the chain store give me my money back. Then i just put a TV and DVR in my computer room. It cost me more, but my PC is not being used (proccesses) for the tv and recording.

It isn’t because of the drivers. Atleast if your tv card has drivers available that work in vista sp1. It’s because server 2008 doesn’t have support for bda devices. I have terratec usb dvb-t stick. Installed usb over ethernet software and tried terratec home cinema (viewing software) in virtual machine, xp and vista and it worked. So drivers work in this case just fine.

Anonymous

It isn’t because of the drivers. Atleast if your tv card has drivers available that work in vista sp1. It’s because server 2008 doesn’t have support for bda devices. I have terratec usb dvb-t stick. Installed usb over ethernet software and tried terratec home cinema (viewing software) in virtual machine, xp and vista and it worked. So drivers work in this case just fine.

So, is there a way to have support for those BDA devices? 😐

Anonymous

So, is there a way to have support for those BDA devices? 😐

I have the same problem with AverTV Hibryd PCI A16A the driver work correctly but the application crash before start always the driver version is Drv_3.5.x.65_Encoder_3.2.1.62_4.2.1.71 and the application version is v6.0.11.07072503, there are the last from manufacturer and works properly on windows vista x86.
                      I hope that manufactures correct this isue soon

Anonymous

I have the same problem with AverTV Hibryd PCI A16A the driver work correctly but the application crash before start always the driver version is Drv_3.5.x.65_Encoder_3.2.1.62_4.2.1.71 and the application version is v6.0.11.07072503, there are the last from manufacturer and works properly on windows vista x86.
                        I hope that manufactures correct this isue soon

DScaler 4.1.17 it’s the solution at least for CX2388x & SAA713x Cards but you have to use Dscaler’s drivers (No WDM ?) for this cards ! Tested on a CX2388x Hybrid card on analog TV & a tipical (out of the box) install of Windows Server 2008 Standard Trial x86 & x64 + drivers!

Anonymous

DScaler 4.1.17 it’s the solution at least for CX2388x & SAA713x Cards but you have to use Dscaler’s drivers (No WDM ?) for this cards ! Tested on a CX2388x Hybrid card on analog TV & a tipical (out of the box) install of Windows Server 2008 Standard Trial x86 & x64 + drivers!

I found this post: http://www.msfn.org/board/Media-Center-Server-2008-t112916.html&pid=748795&mode=threaded#entry748795

Can anyone try this? As I uninstalled Win2008… 🙄

Anonymous

I found this post: http://www.msfn.org/board/Media-Center-Server-2008-t112916.html&pid=748795&mode=threaded#entry748795

@Cadish wrote:

AFAIK You don’t need all those ax files just DScaler and a CX2388x or SAA713x Card Proof is the fact the guy admit he can’t use his TV application just DScaler !! (It seems to me the problem is that i can’t elevate the merit for ksproxy.ax (Dshow interface error ?!?))

Anonymous

@Cadish wrote:

AFAIK You don’t need all those ax files just DScaler and a CX2388x or SAA713x Card Proof is the fact the guy admit he can’t use his TV application just DScaler !! (It seems to me the problem is that i can’t elevate the merit for ksproxy.ax (Dshow interface error ?!?))

I use Mediaportal with a Hauppauge pvr-500-mce. Works fine, after I copied over 2 files, and registered them.

Anonymous

I use Mediaportal with a Hauppauge pvr-500-mce. Works fine, after I copied over 2 files, and registered them.

Analog tv cards work fine, digital ones don’t without bda support.

More: http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=14850

Anonymous

Analog tv cards work fine, digital ones don’t without bda support.

More: http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=14850

That makes me wonder if something is missing from Srv08 (that is in Vista and XP) that interprets/converts the signals. This may be way off, but it has me thinking.

Anonymous

That makes me wonder if something is missing from Srv08 (that is in Vista and XP) that interprets/converts the signals. This may be way off, but it has me thinking.

you only get the error coming up to which files are needed if you use the ADD legacy hardware method

to get tv tuners working copy these files from vista into system folder then register them in run

regsvr32 /s Mpeg2Data.ax

regsvr32 /s mpg2splt.ax

regsvr32 /s kstvtune.ax

regsvr32 /s MSDvbNP.ax

regsvr32 /s MSNP.ax

regsvr32 /s VBICodec.ax

regsvr32 /s vbisurf.ax

Anonymous

you only get the error coming up to which files are needed if you use the ADD legacy hardware method

to get tv tuners working copy these files from vista into system folder then register them in run

regsvr32 /s Mpeg2Data.ax

regsvr32 /s mpg2splt.ax

regsvr32 /s kstvtune.ax

regsvr32 /s MSDvbNP.ax

regsvr32 /s MSNP.ax

regsvr32 /s VBICodec.ax

regsvr32 /s vbisurf.ax

i got my tv tuner (hauppauge hvr 4000 dvb-s2) and tv apps working. i can tune and also watch all channels including HD channels. you dont just register a few “ax” files, theres a lot more to it. i did a clean install of server 2008 to double check and test bda function again, it worked and it works better than vista ( i mean more stable and faster)
                                      if you want to know how, then PM me

Anonymous

i got my tv tuner (hauppauge hvr 4000 dvb-s2) and tv apps working. i can tune and also watch all channels including HD channels. you dont just register a few “ax” files, theres a lot more to it. i did a clean install of server 2008 to double check and test bda function again, it worked and it works better than vista ( i mean more stable and faster)
                                        if you want to know how, then PM me

How to get BDA Feature on server 2008

……………………………………………………………………………………….
                                        EDIT: GUIDE UPDATED NOW EVERY 3RD PARTY TV APPLICATIONS WORKING

Requirements:

Latest Version of DirectX (DirectX 9c March 2008 Redist)
                                        http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/4…2008_redist.exe

Vista DVD or a if you have vista preinstalled, then its fine as you have the files on your
                                        current system

Gimagex (http://www.autoitscript.com/gimagex/) if your OS is server or anything else than
                                        vista, then you need this to mount the vista image from vista DVD to get the files

Codec pack to install some missing filters and codecs that are not on server by default, because it’s a
                                        server not workstation. My preferred Codec pack “K-LITE CODEC”
                                        http://ftp.freenet.de/pub/filepilot/window…klcodec390f.exe

NOW ON VISTA

Create a folder on desktop, and name it “BDA FOR SERVER” so later on in this guide you
                                        won’t get confused

Extract ALL THE FILES from BDAXP.cab to folder “BDA FOR SERVER”. BDAXP are located
                                        in Latest Version of DirectX. Rename the “bda.inf” to bdadirectx.inf to avoid confusion

Now inside BDA FOR SERVER folder create another folder and name it “SOURCE” that’s were
                                        all your main files will go. Now go to “C:Windowssystem32” on vista and copy and paste all
                                        these files to “SOURCE” folder you just created

MSVidCtl.dll.mui (The most important file located “C:WindowsSystem32en-US)
                                        bdaplgin.ax
                                        kstvtune.ax
                                        ksxbar.ax
                                        Mpeg2Data.ax
                                        mpg2splt.ax
                                        MSDvbNP.ax
                                        MSNP.ax
                                        MSVidCtl.dll
                                        psisdecd.dll
                                        psisrndr.ax
                                        VBICodec.ax
                                        vbisurf.ax
                                        WSTPager.ax

Now create a new txt file in the same folder SOURCE and copy and paste this onto it”

regsvr32 bdaplgin.ax
                                        regsvr32 kstvtune.ax
                                        regsvr32 ksxbar.ax
                                        regsvr32 Mpeg2Data.ax
                                        regsvr32 mpg2splt.ax
                                        regsvr32 MSDvbNP.ax
                                        regsvr32 MSNP.ax
                                        regsvr32 MSVidCtl.dll
                                        regsvr32 psisdecd.dll
                                        regsvr32 psisrndr.ax
                                        regsvr32 VBICodec.ax
                                        regsvr32 vbisurf.ax
                                        regsvr32 WSTPager.ax

save the txt file with extension “cmd“ and name it “REGISTER” some people might not able to
                                        see the cmd extension, if thats the case then enable this by going to control panel>folder
                                        options>view> there unmark the “hide extensions for known file types” this register file will register missing files on server

That’s all the sources you need that’s need to be on server for BDA to work.

NOW LETS MOVE ONTO SERVER TO INSTALL BDA

After installing server 2008, copy all the files from folder “SOURCE” folder including REGISTER.CMD to
                                        C:WindowsSystem32 directory EXCEPT for MSVidCtl.dll.mui THIS GOES INTO
                                        DIFFERENT DIRECTORY. Now copy the MSVidCtl.dll.mui to C:WindowsSystem32en-US directory

Now in system32 directory run the register (cmd) file you just copied, this will register all the files

NOTE: Not all files will register it will give you some errors, but just ignore it.

Now go to C:Windowsinf, there you will find “bda.inf”
                                        right click on bda.inf. and then choose install. It will ask for file “bdasup.sys. Browse to the
                                        location of “bdasup.sys which is in C:WindowsSystem32drivers. after that…VERY IMPORTANT
                                        RESTART.

After restart, right click on bdadirectx.inf, and choose install, as its installing it will create many pnp
                                        devices and will prompt you to find, locate and install them. VERY IMPORTANT DO NOT INSTALL
                                        ANY DRIVERS OR DEVICES WHEN IT’S PROMPTING; JUST CLICK CANCELL FOR ALL OF
                                        THEM. After it finishes installing again YOU MUST RESTART AGAIN, because the inf. file sets some
                                        runonce commands on registry which must be executed SO IT MUST BE RESTARTED. the pnp devices will also dissappear after restart

After restart run the register.cm again just to be on the safe side, this way you will have up to date
                                        entries in registry (that’s where it registers the files)

That’s it done MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!!

I view TV with DVBVIEWER PRO and no problems works like a charm. Also tried DVBDREAM and worked lie a charm as well,
                                        don’t know whether it will work with all the tv applications, but give
                                        it a try.

NOTE:EVEN THOUGH THESE FILES DONT TOUCH MAIN SYSTEM CRITICAL FILES OR SETTINGS, AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DATA LOSS OR DAMAGE, USE THIS METHOD AT
                                        YOUR OWN RISK.

Anonymous

Requirements:

Latest Version of DirectX (DirectX 9c March 2008 Redist)
                                          http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/4…2008_redist.exe

Vista DVD or a if you have vista preinstalled, then its fine as you have the files on your
                                          current system

Gimagex (http://www.autoitscript.com/gimagex/) if your OS is server or anything else than
                                          vista, then you need this to mount the vista image from vista DVD to get the files

Codec pack to install some missing filters and codecs that are not on server by default, because it’s a
                                          server not workstation. My preferred Codec pack “K-LITE CODEC”
                                          http://ftp.freenet.de/pub/filepilot/window…klcodec390f.exe

NOW ON VISTA

Create a folder on desktop, and name it “BDA FOR SERVER” so later on in this guide you
                                          won’t get confused

Extract ALL THE FILES from BDAXP.cab to folder “BDA FOR SERVER”. BDAXP are located
                                          in Latest Version of DirectX. Rename the “bda.inf” to bdadirectx.inf to avoid confusion

Now inside BDA FOR SERVER folder create another folder and name it “SOURCE” that’s were
                                          all your main files will go. Now go to “C:Windowssystem32” on vista and copy and paste all
                                          these files to “SOURCE” folder you just created

MSVidCtl.dll.mui (The most important file located “C:WindowsSystem32en-US)
                                          bdaplgin.ax
                                          kstvtune.ax
                                          ksxbar.ax
                                          Mpeg2Data.ax
                                          mpg2splt.ax
                                          MSDvbNP.ax
                                          MSNP.ax
                                          MSVidCtl.dll
                                          psisdecd.dll
                                          psisrndr.ax
                                          VBICodec.ax
                                          vbisurf.ax
                                          WSTPager.ax

Now create a new txt file in the same folder SOURCE and copy and paste this onto it”

regsvr32 bdaplgin.ax
                                          regsvr32 kstvtune.ax
                                          regsvr32 ksxbar.ax
                                          regsvr32 Mpeg2Data.ax
                                          regsvr32 mpg2splt.ax
                                          regsvr32 MSDvbNP.ax
                                          regsvr32 MSNP.ax
                                          regsvr32 MSVidCtl.dll
                                          regsvr32 psisdecd.dll
                                          regsvr32 psisrndr.ax
                                          regsvr32 VBICodec.ax
                                          regsvr32 vbisurf.ax
                                          regsvr32 WSTPager.ax

save the txt file with extension “cmd“ and name it “REGISTER” some people might not able to
                                          see the cmd extension, if thats the case then enable this by going to control panel>folder
                                          options>view> there unmark the “hide extensions for known file types” this register file will register missing files on server

That’s all the sources you need that’s need to be on server for BDA to work.

NOW LETS MOVE ONTO SERVER TO INSTALL BDA

After installing server 2008, copy all the files from folder “SOURCE” folder including REGISTER.CMD to
                                          C:WindowsSystem32 directory EXCEPT for MSVidCtl.dll.mui THIS GOES INTO
                                          DIFFERENT DIRECTORY. Now copy the MSVidCtl.dll.mui to C:WindowsSystem32en-US directory

Now in system32 directory run the register (cmd) file you just copied, this will register all the files

NOTE: Not all files will register it will give you some errors, but just ignore it.

Now go to C:Windowsinf, there you will find “bda.inf”
                                          right click on bda.inf. and then choose install. It will ask for file “bdasup.sys. Browse to the
                                          location of “bdasup.sys which is in C:WindowsSystem32drivers. after that…VERY IMPORTANT
                                          RESTART.

After restart, right click on bdadirectx.inf, and choose install, as its installing it will create many pnp
                                          devices and will prompt you to find, locate and install them. VERY IMPORTANT DO NOT INSTALL
                                          ANY DRIVERS OR DEVICES WHEN IT’S PROMPTING; JUST CLICK CANCELL FOR ALL OF
                                          THEM. After it finishes installing again YOU MUST RESTART AGAIN, because the inf. file sets some
                                          runonce commands on registry which must be executed SO IT MUST BE RESTARTED. the pnp devices will also dissappear after restart

After restart run the register.cm again just to be on the safe side, this way you will have up to date
                                          entries in registry (that’s where it registers the files)

That’s it done MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!!

I view TV with DVBVIEWER PRO and no problems works like a charm. Also tried DVBDREAM and worked lie a charm as well,
                                          don’t know whether it will work with all the tv applications, but give
                                          it a try.

NOTE:EVEN THOUGH THESE FILES DONT TOUCH MAIN SYSTEM CRITICAL FILES OR SETTINGS, AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DATA LOSS OR DAMAGE, USE THIS METHOD AT
                                          YOUR OWN RISK.

Anonymous

EDIT: UPDATED, HAD MINOR DIRECTORY LOCATION MISTAKES

Anonymous

EDIT: UPDATED, HAD MINOR DIRECTORY LOCATION MISTAKES

Arris

Wow shahed26, impressive Guide! I don’t own a tv card but I’m sure it will now work great with Server 2008! 😀

Anonymous

Wow shahed26, impressive Guide! I don’t own a tv card but I’m sure it will now work great with Server 2008! 😀

@Arris wrote:

Thanks, i tested this method on 2 different pc’s, both different tv cards, and it worked on both. check it out yourself when you have time and a tv card, trust me you will be amazed!! 🙂

Anonymous

@Arris wrote:

Thanks, i tested this method on 2 different pc’s, both different tv cards, and it worked on both. check it out yourself when you have time and a tv card, trust me you will be amazed!! 🙂

OK guys here you go 3 STEPS ONLY AND YOU WILL HAVE BDA ON SERVER
                                                    I compiled A setup file, that will add BDA function on server 2008, without any hassles.
                                                    i tested it on a clean installation several times. no issues at all

………………………………………….. ……………………………………

NOTE: THIS SETUP FILE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY VISTA OR SERVER FILES EXCEPT DIRECTX 9 RUNTIME
                                                    BDA FILES. NO CODE WAS ALTERTED (MODDED) OR ANYTHING
                                                    THIS METHOD DOES NOT VIOLATE THE WINDOWS VISTA OR SERVER 2008 CODE IN ITS ALL INTEGRITY
                                                    NOTHING WAS TAKEN OFF, NO FILES, EVEN THE ORIGINAL CODE WAS KEPT INTACT

LETS GET STARTED….

Download the file
                                                    Link:
                                                    http://www.mediafire.com/?h1ndmyymjmv
                                                    or
                                                    http://rapidshare.com/files/112849779/bdaforserver.exe

Double click on the downloaded file, and it will extract as “bdaforserver” to your windows
                                                    installation drive,thats were the setup MUST be runned from, otherwise it wont work
                                                    IMPORTANT:IN ORDER FOR EVERYTHING TO WORK, RUN THE SETUP FROM WERE YOUR WINDOWS
                                                    IS INSTALLED (C OTHERWISE IT WONT WORK (THATS WERE IT EXTRACTED)

ON VISTA

Double click the “Get BDA Vista Files.exe” this will get all BDA files from vista and will
                                                    place the files in folder “SOURCE”
                                                    thats done SIMPLE
                                                    Now save this whole folder “bdaforserver” as this folder will be required on server

ON SERVER

Install server 2008, and place this “bdaforserver” folder you saved before
                                                    on your windows installation drive. REMEMBER, THE “bdaforserver” MUST BE IN YOUR
                                                    WINDOWS INSTALLATION DRIVE (NOT DESKTOP OR ANYWHERE) OTHERWISE IT WONT WORK.

(OPTIANAL)
                                                    Install desktop experience from server manager>ADD FEATURES, as this will install some missing
                                                    filters and codecs, just to be on the safe side. restart after installation

Go to “bdaforserver” folder, and Right click on “BDASetup.exe” and choose “Run as administrator”
                                                    after that your computer will automitically reboot. after reboot windows server will prompt you to
                                                    locate and install these pnp devices. just click cancell for all them.
                                                    thats it done. SIMPLE

I highly recommend you to install a decent codec pack, as there are no codecs, filters on server.
                                                    K-LITE CODEC IS THE BEST ONE, or VISTA CODECS

NOTE:EVEN THOUGH THESE FILES DONT TOUCH MAIN SYSTEM CRITICAL FILES OR SETTINGS, AM NOT RESPONSIBLE
                                                    FOR ANY DATA LOSS OR DAMAGE, USE THIS METHOD AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Anonymous

OK guys here you go 3 STEPS ONLY AND YOU WILL HAVE BDA ON SERVER
                                                      I compiled A setup file, that will add BDA function on server 2008, without any hassles.
                                                      i tested it on a clean installation several times. no issues at all

NOTE: THIS SETUP FILE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY VISTA OR SERVER FILES EXCEPT DIRECTX 9 RUNTIME
                                                      BDA FILES. NO CODE WAS ALTERTED (MODDED) OR ANYTHING
                                                      THIS METHOD DOES NOT VIOLATE THE WINDOWS VISTA OR SERVER 2008 CODE IN ITS ALL INTEGRITY
                                                      NOTHING WAS TAKEN OFF, NO FILES, EVEN THE ORIGINAL CODE WAS KEPT INTACT

LETS GET STARTED….

Download the file
                                                      Link:
                                                      or

Double click on the downloaded file, and it will extract as “bdaforserver” to your windows
                                                      installation drive,thats were the setup MUST be runned from, otherwise it wont work

ON VISTA

Double click the “Get BDA Vista Files.exe” this will get all BDA files from vista and will
                                                      thats done SIMPLE
                                                      Now save this whole folder “bdaforserver” as this folder will be required on server

ON SERVER

on your windows installation drive. REMEMBER, THE “bdaforserver” MUST BE IN YOUR

(OPTIANAL)
                                                      Install desktop experience from server manager>ADD FEATURES, as this will install some missing

Go to “bdaforserver” folder, and Right click on “BDASetup.exe” and choose “Run as administrator”
                                                      after that your computer will automitically reboot. after reboot windows server will prompt you to
                                                      thats it done. SIMPLE

I highly recommend you to install a decent codec pack, as there are no codecs, filters on server.

NOTE:EVEN THOUGH THESE FILES DONT TOUCH MAIN SYSTEM CRITICAL FILES OR SETTINGS, AM NOT RESPONSIBLE

ok guys, please leave feedback of this bda function solution, and please report any issues, so i can improve bda support on server.
                                                      any suggestion on how to improve or anything are most welcome
                                                      thanks 🙂

Anonymous

ok guys, please leave feedback of this bda function solution, and please report any issues, so i can improve bda support on server.
                                                        any suggestion on how to improve or anything are most welcome
                                                        thanks 🙂

Doesn’t work for me…..when i run register.cmd for all files a pop up shows can’t load module error….and dvbviewer doesn’t see my technotrend S2-3200

can you help me?

@shahed26 wrote:

[removed for clarity]

Anonymous

Doesn’t work for me…..when i run register.cmd for all files a pop up shows can’t load module error….and dvbviewer doesn’t see my technotrend S2-3200

can you help me?

@shahed26 wrote:

[removed for clarity]

@B1G wrote:

can you help me?

it will work, just try my setup file i created, this will automate everything without any hassle. it will install bda function on server.
                                                          do a clean install of server and run my setup file. DONT USE MY OLD GUIDE AS ITS CONFUSING FOR SOME PEOPLE AND 1 MISTAKE CAN LEAD YOU TO NO BDA AT ALL ON SERVER UNTIL A CLEAN INSTALL.
                                                          here you go just download the my setup file and more IMPORTANTLY READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY

Download the file
                                                          Link:
                                                          or

ON VISTA

thats done SIMPLE

ON SERVER

(OPTIANAL)

thats it done. SIMPLE

Anonymous

@B1G wrote:

can you help me?

it will work, just try my setup file i created, this will automate everything without any hassle. it will install bda function on server.
                                                            do a clean install of server and run my setup file. DONT USE MY OLD GUIDE AS ITS CONFUSING FOR SOME PEOPLE AND 1 MISTAKE CAN LEAD YOU TO NO BDA AT ALL ON SERVER UNTIL A CLEAN INSTALL.
                                                            here you go just download the my setup file and more IMPORTANTLY READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY

Download the file
                                                            Link:
                                                            or

ON VISTA

thats done SIMPLE

ON SERVER

(OPTIANAL)

thats it done. SIMPLE

i tried your automated setup too, but doesn’t work. I think because i used it from an Italian Vista Ultimate X64 Sp1 to an English Windows Server 2008. Tomorrow i will try from an english Vista.

Thanks

Anonymous

i tried your automated setup too, but doesn’t work. I think because i used it from an Italian Vista Ultimate X64 Sp1 to an English Windows Server 2008. Tomorrow i will try from an english Vista.

Thanks

@B1G wrote:

Thanks

dont know whether it will work on x64 version, never tried it. but same here, will test it on a server 2008 x64 to see if it works. by the way, server x64 is very strict on drivers as vista x64, as far as i know technotrend drivers are not WHQL Certified, which might prevent you from seeing your tv device in dvbviewer. i had a technotrend dvb-s2 3650, but got rid of it on ebay because of poor driver support and no WHQL certification. now am on hauppauge dvb-s2, works like a charm on server 2008

Anonymous

@B1G wrote:

Thanks

dont know whether it will work on x64 version, never tried it. but same here, will test it on a server 2008 x64 to see if it works. by the way, server x64 is very strict on drivers as vista x64, as far as i know technotrend drivers are not WHQL Certified, which might prevent you from seeing your tv device in dvbviewer. i had a technotrend dvb-s2 3650, but got rid of it on ebay because of poor driver support and no WHQL certification. now am on hauppauge dvb-s2, works like a charm on server 2008

well, the TT S2-3200 in Vista Ultimate x64 works very well with dvbviewer pro.

I tried your bdaforserver.exe on an english Vista Ultimate x64 and in the source directory now i have all the 14 files needed, but i have a problem running BDASetup.exe, he don’t find BdaSup.sys because it’s in C:WindowsSystem32DriverStoreFileRepositorybda.inf_57d991b5 directory.

What can i do? I can copy bdasup.sys in c:windowssystem32drivers?

Anonymous

well, the TT S2-3200 in Vista Ultimate x64 works very well with dvbviewer pro.

I tried your bdaforserver.exe on an english Vista Ultimate x64 and in the source directory now i have all the 14 files needed, but i have a problem running BDASetup.exe, he don’t find BdaSup.sys because it’s in C:WindowsSystem32DriverStoreFileRepositorybda.inf_57d991b5 directory.

What can i do? I can copy bdasup.sys in c:windowssystem32drivers?

i copyed bdasup.sys from vista x64 to win2008 c:windowssystem32drivers directory, now after reboot i get this error

Error loading streamci
                                                                  The specified module could not be found

but after the second reboot it’s all ok and dvbviewer see the card :mrgreen:

Anonymous

i copyed bdasup.sys from vista x64 to win2008 c:windowssystem32drivers directory, now after reboot i get this error

Error loading streamci

@B1G wrote:

Error loading streamci

wohoo!! see told you it will work. “bdasup.sys” is located in c:windowssystem32drivers you just have to browse there when its asking for that sys file.
                                                                    anyways report back any issues or anything so ican work on it. and any suggestion are most welcome.

Anonymous

@B1G wrote:

Error loading streamci

wohoo!! see told you it will work. “bdasup.sys” is located in c:windowssystem32drivers you just have to browse there when its asking for that sys file.
                                                                      anyways report back any issues or anything so ican work on it. and any suggestion are most welcome.

Hi,

A Million thanks for sharing this information. I used your manual method. My Avermedia PCIe Hybrid works perfectly now!

Only suggestion i have would be to make a package with all the files. It took quite a bit of effort to track them all down as I didn’t have easy access to a Vista machine.

Anonymous

Hi,

A Million thanks for sharing this information. I used your manual method. My Avermedia PCIe Hybrid works perfectly now!

Only suggestion i have would be to make a package with all the files. It took quite a bit of effort to track them all down as I didn’t have easy access to a Vista machine.

@lev wrote:

Hi,

thanks. if you look at my setup.exe package i made recently it has the files there BUT only directx files which are part of BDA functionality, its much faster and less hassles, basically BDA on server in 2 quick steps.

Your suggestion is most welcome, but distributing vista files in a package to get BDA on server is illegal. thats why i just made a setup.exe package to ease all hassles.
                                                                        in my package
                                                                        get BDA vista files.exe = to grab all the necessary files that needs to be present on server for BDA to work
                                                                        BDASetup.exe = Installs and registers all vista BDA files on server for BDA functionality

Thanks for your suggestion and nice to hear my solution worked for you

Anonymous

@lev wrote:

Hi,

thanks. if you look at my setup.exe package i made recently it has the files there BUT only directx files which are part of BDA functionality, its much faster and less hassles, basically BDA on server in 2 quick steps.

Your suggestion is most welcome, but distributing vista files in a package to get BDA on server is illegal. thats why i just made a setup.exe package to ease all hassles.
                                                                          in my package
                                                                          get BDA vista files.exe = to grab all the necessary files that needs to be present on server for BDA to work
                                                                          BDASetup.exe = Installs and registers all vista BDA files on server for BDA functionality

Thanks for your suggestion and nice to hear my solution worked for you

• #45216

I have no access to Vista64. If someone could point me to the appropriate x64 files, I’d appreciate it, thanks.

• #58963
                                                                          Anonymous

I have no access to Vista64. If someone could point me to the appropriate x64 files, I’d appreciate it, thanks.

• #45217

@fuknukl wrote:

i have made a setup.exe pack for server x64 BDA. x64 bda on server is a little bit more confusing compare to x86. the files are in “syswow64” and “system32”
                                                                            i will upload the setup pack for bda support on x64 systems by tomorrow hopefully. just need to test it before i upload.

• #58964
                                                                            Anonymous

@fuknukl wrote:

i have made a setup.exe pack for server x64 BDA. x64 bda on server is a little bit more confusing compare to x86. the files are in “syswow64” and “system32”
                                                                              i will upload the setup pack for bda support on x64 systems by tomorrow hopefully. just need to test it before i upload.

• #45218

Hello,

I have installed DBA with your method but with my USB Pinnacle DVB-T Stick Solo and the software Pinnacle TVC 4.9.2, it doesn’t work, the application fails. Also, I would like uninstall DBA on server 2008.

How to proceed please ?

Thanks.

Valorisa

• #45284

Hello,

I have installed DBA with your method but with my USB Pinnacle DVB-T Stick Solo and the software Pinnacle TVC 4.9.2, it doesn’t work, the application fails. Also, I would like uninstall DBA on server 2008.

How to proceed please ?

Thanks.

Valorisa

• #58965
                                                                              Anonymous

Hello,

How to proceed please ?

Thanks.

Valorisa

• #45219

Anyone have any luck with BDA on x64 yet? It’s the only thing I can’t get working yet 🙁

• #45285

Anyone have any luck with BDA on x64 yet? It’s the only thing I can’t get working yet 🙁

• #58966
                                                                                Anonymous

• #45220

@fuknukl wrote:

yes i do have a working BDA on server 2008 x64 (currently using as workstation) i will upload the x64 version of BDA setup package. am currently busy on a project, will be uploaded by tonight. check back later here..

• #45286

@fuknukl wrote:

yes i do have a working BDA on server 2008 x64 (currently using as workstation) i will upload the x64 version of BDA setup package. am currently busy on a project, will be uploaded by tonight. check back later here..

• #58967
                                                                                  Anonymous

@fuknukl wrote:

• #45221

any news with the x64 package 🙂 ?

• #45287

• #58968
                                                                                    Anonymous

• #45222

@aslocum wrote:

nearly there, just testing it again to see if theres any errors before i upload.. sorry about that, just bare with me..

• #45288

@aslocum wrote:

nearly there, just testing it again to see if theres any errors before i upload.. sorry about that, just bare with me..

• #58969
                                                                                      Anonymous

@aslocum wrote:

• #45223

i have 2 files that give me a problem, does anyone have this problem?

if you do regsvr32 /s kstvtune.ax then you won’t see it
                                                                                        but remove the silence that show the error

all my other files register ok but there 2

I have WinTV HVR-950 windows detect and i have driver install for it.
                                                                                        but the program don’t see any decoder, Dscaler see the card too but it give me and error also.

Thank for the help

• #45289

but the program don’t see any decoder, Dscaler see the card too but it give me and error also.

Thank for the help

• #58970
                                                                                        Anonymous

Thank for the help

• #45224

@diva wrote:

Thank for the help

These files does not have any reg.entries, so it will not register. (by default these files you mentioned above, does not have reg.entries)
                                                                                          So this is not a problem

• #45290

@diva wrote:

Thank for the help

These files does not have any reg.entries, so it will not register. (by default these files you mentioned above, does not have reg.entries)
                                                                                          So this is not a problem

• #58971
                                                                                          Anonymous

@diva wrote:

Thank for the help

So this is not a problem

• #45225

thank for a quick relay
                                                                                            i have everything install but is still doesn’t work
                                                                                            i guess i have to look around

Thank again

• #45291

thank for a quick relay

Thank again

• #58972
                                                                                            Anonymous

thank for a quick relay

Thank again

Viewing 92 reply threads
                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.