Torrent client kills my internet !?

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Applications Compatibility Torrent client kills my internet !?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I have installed utorrent and when it’s installed my internet speed slows down. When it’s running and I’m downloading actual torrent with it my whole connection gets really slow, I mean I can’t even open web pages. Pings go like up to 250ms and lost packets all the time. It’s just unusable when a torrent is being downloaded.
      Uninstalling utorrent and my internet connection goes perfect again, no lost packets, low pings everything fine.
      It’s not a version releated, I’ve tried 3.0 and 2.2.1, even with bittorrent latest it’s the same thing. Disabling QoS packet scheduler in LAN settings also didn’t solve the problem.
      Weird thing is that the PC was running before on XP SP3 and it didn’t had that problem at all with the above torrent clients 🙄

I’ve solved that by installing BitComet x64. Now downloading torrents with 7.5MB/s and internet connection remains with no lag at all, pages load quick like before. So to people with this problem just uninstall that junk called utorrent (checked their forum lots of issues with win7).

I’ve solved that by installing BitComet x64. Now downloading torrents with 7.5MB/s and internet connection remains with no lag at all, pages load quick like before. So to people with this problem just uninstall that junk called utorrent (checked their forum lots of issues with win7).

I think it has more to do with networking configuration than the client itself. I don’t seem to have a problem with either, however uTorrent actually works better on my machine.

I have my enabled UPnP on my router which allows you to “randomize” a port each time the torrent client connects. As you can see from my results below, uTorrent was almost 3x faster than BitComet.

In 5 mins, uTorrent was able to download 299MB.
      In 5 mins, Bit Comet was only able to download 112.04MB.

(BitComet x64)

[attachment=1:161ggogq]bitcomet5mins.png[/attachment:161ggogq]

(uTorrent)

[attachment=0:161ggogq]utorrent5mins.png[/attachment:161ggogq]

I think it has more to do with networking configuration than the client itself. I don’t seem to have a problem with either, however uTorrent actually works better on my machine.

I have my enabled UPnP on my router which allows you to “randomize” a port each time the torrent client connects. As you can see from my results below, uTorrent was almost 3x faster than BitComet.

In 5 mins, uTorrent was able to download 299MB.
      In 5 mins, Bit Comet was only able to download 112.04MB.

(BitComet x64)

[attachment=1:161ggogq]bitcomet5mins.png[/attachment:161ggogq]

(uTorrent)

[attachment=0:161ggogq]utorrent5mins.png[/attachment:161ggogq]

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.