Tinker (From GFW Live)

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Games Compatibility Tinker (From GFW Live)

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author

Okay, installed Tinker from Games for Windows Live On-Demand.
      Install went OK, but when I try to run it it bombs out.
      No error messages at all.

Even when clicking the EXE file in ProgramFiles86MS GamesTinker, still bombs out.
      Any ideas (obviously running on Server 08 R2, Standard.)?

Arris

Maybe the method of hacking the Vista Ultimate Extra ‘Tinker’ works for you? Explanation [localurl=viewtopic.php?f=7&t=679:1qqx5vc5]here[/localurl:1qqx5vc5].

Anonymous

Maybe the method of hacking the Vista Ultimate Extra ‘Tinker’ works for you? Explanation [localurl=viewtopic.php?f=7&t=679:1qqx5vc5]here[/localurl:1qqx5vc5].

Nope, no cigar.

Anonymous

Nope, no cigar.

Arris

I downloaded and installed Microsoft Tinker and Games For Windows Live, but it looks like the Game Explorer is needed to run this game. I [localurl=viewtopic.php?f=25&t=927:a6x1mz0i]installed[/localurl:a6x1mz0i] the Game Explorer by AsciiWolf, but it still doesn’t start because the Parental Control class is missing.

I haven’t tried porting the Parental Control class to Server 2008 R2 yet, because it’s time to go to bed! 😉

Anonymous

I downloaded and installed Microsoft Tinker and Games For Windows Live, but it looks like the Game Explorer is needed to run this game. I [localurl=viewtopic.php?f=25&t=927:a6x1mz0i]installed[/localurl:a6x1mz0i] the Game Explorer by AsciiWolf, but it still doesn’t start because the Parental Control class is missing.

I haven’t tried porting the Parental Control class to Server 2008 R2 yet, because it’s time to go to bed! 😉

I tried to import ParentalControlClass reg records from Windows 7 in Windows 2008 R2, but games which need it (e.g. Bioshock) still didn’t work (same error)… 🙁

Anonymous

I tried to import ParentalControlClass reg records from Windows 7 in Windows 2008 R2, but games which need it (e.g. Bioshock) still didn’t work (same error)… 🙁

Well, I fixed it!
                  So download a new version of Games Explorer and enjoy playing Tinker! 😉

Anonymous

Well, I fixed it!

Arris

@AsciiWolf wrote:

Well, I fixed it!

Wow! Well done AsciiWolf! Apparently it now includes the Parental Control files/regkeys needed to play several games including Tinker and Chess Titans. 🙂 Again, very nice work! 😎

Anonymous

@AsciiWolf wrote:

Well, I fixed it!

Wow! Well done AsciiWolf! Apparently it now includes the Parental Control files/regkeys needed to play several games including Tinker and Chess Titans. 🙂 Again, very nice work! 😎

Not just Tinker, also Chess Titans!

Anonymous

Not just Tinker, also Chess Titans!

I downloaded and installed the latest Games Explorer that AsciiWolf posted, but Tinker still wouldn’t install through GFWL. According to the logs it’d bum out with a 0x8007000d error. So I just grabbed the extracted MSI from C:ProgramDataMicrosoftXLiveInstallerPath (gotta do it before the install exits with the error, at which point the extracted files are deleted) and used that to install the game. Works fine now.

Anonymous

I downloaded and installed the latest Games Explorer that AsciiWolf posted, but Tinker still wouldn’t install through GFWL. According to the logs it’d bum out with a 0x8007000d error. So I just grabbed the extracted MSI from C:ProgramDataMicrosoftXLiveInstallerPath (gotta do it before the install exits with the error, at which point the extracted files are deleted) and used that to install the game. Works fine now.

Viewing 16 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.