There are problem of .net framework 1.1 on win server 2008

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Applications Compatibility There are problem of .net framework 1.1 on win server 2008

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

There are problem of .net framework 1.1 on win server 2008.

At windows/Microsoft .NET/Framework folder, I found 1.0.3705 and 1.1.4322.
      However I can’t intall ie2OneNote on my system.
      http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a9872a17-2d0c-47f0-9b4d-026e94a8ef1c&displaylang=en

When I tried to install ie2onenote, this message will appear.

” Install DotName framework 1.1.4322″
      I already have this DotName 1.1.4322 at windows/Microsoft .NET/Framework folder.

Any ideas on this problem?

Arris

Here is how to install it:
        1. Download IE2OneNote.exe, open the executable using 7zip or WinRAR and extract IE2OneNoteSetup.msi.
        2. Install Orca MSI Editor from the Patching .msi installers tutorial, right click at IE2OneNoteSetup.msi and select Edit with Orca.
        3. In Orca MSI Editor scroll down and click the _VsdLaunchCondition table. In the right pane right click VSDFXAvailable and choose Drop Row.
        4. Save and run your modified MSI! 🙂

I didn’t install it to test if it runs, but at least you can install it now! 😉

@Arris wrote:

Here is how to install it:
        1. Download IE2OneNote.exe, open the executable using 7zip or WinRAR and extract IE2OneNoteSetup.msi.
        2. Install Orca MSI Editor from the Patching .msi installers tutorial, right click at IE2OneNoteSetup.msi and select Edit with Orca.
        3. In Orca MSI Editor scroll down and click the _VsdLaunchCondition table. In the right pane right click VSDFXAvailable and choose Drop Row.
        4. Save and run your modified MSI! 🙂

I didn’t install it to test if it runs, but at least you can install it now! 😉

Arris
        Thank you for your kind instruction.
        But the Orca could not read ie2onenote.msi.

Is there another way?

Arris

Are you sure you first unpacked the IE2OneNoteSetup.msi from the self-extracting IE2OneNote.exe file? However, I uploaded the patched msi. Download it here!

@Arris wrote:

Are you sure you first unpacked the IE2OneNoteSetup.msi from the self-extracting IE2OneNote.exe file? However, I uploaded the patched msi. Download it here!

Dear Arrsi,

After downloading i2onenote.msi you linked, I installed it.
          But, I can’t see any items on context menu on browser.

So, I opened ie2onenote.msi which you sent with Orca.
          But at 3rd step you wrote, I could not find VSDFXAvailable.

Arris

I already patched IE2OneNoteSetup.msi from http://www.4shared.com/file/49614486/2c01347/IE2OneNoteSetup.html ,so the use of Orca isn’t needed anymore. Did you check the installation directory and tried to run some executables?

Edit: I see they are running in Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Manage Add-ons -> Enable or Disable Add-ons, but nothing appears in the context menu.

Arris

In my Virtual Machine it appears that if you just install dotnetfx.exe it is possible to install IE2OneNote.exe using the non-hacked installer. I didn’t get the context menu items in Internet Explorer in my Server 2008, but that might be because that is just a plain virtual Windows Server.

@Arris wrote:

I already patched IE2OneNoteSetup.msi from http://www.4shared.com/file/49614486/2c01347/IE2OneNoteSetup.html ,so the use of Orca isn’t needed anymore. Did you check the installation directory and tried to run some executables?

Edit: I see they are running in Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Manage Add-ons -> Enable or Disable Add-ons, but nothing appears in the context menu.

Dear Arris,

Thank you for your kind instruction and files.

I see send to onenote at “Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Manage Add-ons -> Enable or Disable Add-ons.

If you don’t mid, I want to post your instructios and files at my blog, for others and future.

Arris

Does it actually work beside that you see the add-on installed in Internet Explorer? It’s alright to post this solution to your Weblog, what is it’s web address?

@Arris wrote:

Does it actually work beside that you see the add-on installed in Internet Explorer? It’s alright to post this solution to your Weblog, what is it’s web address?

I have no idea on successful operation.
                But I can tell you it’s installation is correct as you instruct.

For checking your instruction, I shuold reboot my machine. But I can reboot my machine tomorrow.
                So I will post the result tomorrow.

However, I tried to install ie2onenote for 3 days.

Viewing 9 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.