- 13th June 2009 at 16:11 #43616
Hallo to all of you,
I installed Windows Server 2008 (32 bit) on my new desktop and since that I have the following problem:
After starting Windows Server 2008 my taskbar doesn´t appear on the screen and must be somewhere down below, so outside the screen (that´s what I guess as my folders are further down as usual). Further more the folders look higher than usual. After changing the resolution from 1680×1050 to any other resolution and later back again to 1680×1050 the taskbar appears and the folders have the regular size. That happens every time I start Windows. Why is my desktop not created as it should be from the beginning on? Has anyone an idea?
graphics: GeForce 9500GT 1GB
TFT-screen: Philips 220CW
- 13th July 2009 at 20:00 #48202ArrisModerator
* You unlock your taskbar and drag it on the left, right or upperside of the screen and you restart?
* You kill and restart explorer.exe if your taskbar doesn’t appear after startup?
* You use a lower resolution and restart to test whether it’s the resolution that’s causing the problem?
Can’t think of any other things to try now…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.