Task Manager GPU

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Crinale
      Participant

In the last couple versions of Windows 10 the task manager [Performance] tab has a sub-tab for GPU performance, and I would really like this feature for my WS16 installs (3 of them). I use some GPU accelerated software and I would really like to see how my systems with very different hardware are actually handling the acceleration but I’d rather not install more 3rd party software if I can set it up in the native task manager.

Has anyone figured out how to add this? Is it as simple as taking the .exe for the task manager from a windows 10 machine and replacing the server version? Or a registry/powershell edit?

Crinale
        Participant

Nevermind, I didnt realize that Server 2016 never had its base upgraded to 1709 (or beyond) where that functionality was added to 10; my fully updated WS16 install is still 1607. Theoretically that means it should be available in WS19 though, as that one is based on 1803.

Can someone who has WS19 installed check that? I might be tempted to upgrade after this semester is over if 19 has that functionality.

CakeLancelot
          Participant

Yep, it does show up in Server 2019. Pic: https://i.imgur.com/bib4kI7.png

• This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by CakeLancelot.
        Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.