suggestion

Forums General Feedback suggestion

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

i think that some people might have problems with IRDA Remote Control (notebooks) on WS 2008 so I think it’s a good idea to add an article on this. Here’s how to install it:

Copy circlass.inf from some folder in C:windowsSystem32DriverRepositorycirclass.inf_whatever and circlass.sys from c:windowssystem32drivers to one folder, let it be C:CIR

Open COPIED circlass.inf in NOTEPAD and change line
      %Microsoft%=MicrosoftHw,NTx86…1 to %Microsoft%=MicrosoftHw,NTx86…3 (just change 1 to 3) and
      same with line [MicrosoftHw.NTx86…1] (change to [MicrosoftHw.NTx86…3]). Please note that if you have a 64-bit OS then your lines will look like NTamd64…1 then just change it to NTamd64…3

Then just open Device Manager click on Unknown Device, select Update Driver and point it to C:CIR ; it will notify that driver is unsigned click on install anyway

Greetings

Arris

Thanks for this brief explanation! I don’t have a pc/laptop with bluetooth to test this but I expect people who find this topic are able to install it. Beside that you can also use the following page to install bluetooth and infrared to Windows Server 2008 x86/x64: Windows Live Blogs – Komeil – Installing Microsoft Bluetooth Stack on Windows Server 2008 x86 / x64.

Arris

Arris – He’s talking about IrDA [Infrared], not Bluetooth 😉

Arris

@JonusC wrote:

Do a CTRL+F on that page and you ‘ll see Infrared is also mentioned there! 😉

@Arris wrote:

@JonusC wrote:

Oh sorry… I was just skimming and saw the Bluetooth stack keywords…. Does that mean the Infrared and Bluetooth stacks are part of a similar component? Didn’t know that! Then again, i’ve never used IrDA 🙄 Sorry!

Arris

@JonusC wrote:

@Arris wrote:

@JonusC wrote:

Then again, i’ve never used IrDA

I never used it either, except for a school project some years ago where we built a rack and a robot using Lego Mindstorms bricks and the RCX which we had to program in LeJOS and send it over to the RCX component using IrDA. The robot had to retrieve several blocks from the rack using a Travelling Salesman algorithm.

Anyway, some people still use it for their Media Center remote control, cellphone or other hardware.

@Arris wrote:

I never used it either, except for a school project some years ago where we built a rack and a robot using Lego Mindstorms bricks and the RCX which we had to program in LeJOS and send it over to the RCX component using IrDA. The robot had to retrieve several blocks from the rack using a Travelling Salesman algorithm.

Ah robotics, cool!

@Arris wrote:

Anyway, some people still use it for their Media Center remote control {…}

Good point. I have a Media Center set up at my home, but it’s using a Bluetooth remote which arn’t too common.

Viewing 6 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.