Star Trek – Legacy

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Games Compatibility Star Trek – Legacy

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Ok, I was able to get star trek legacy to install properly on 2008 without an issue, however an odd problem is none of the voice overs work. I can open the voice over files in audicity and playback is fine on 2008 and when the PC was XP it was also available in game. All drivers are up to date and my sound card is a nice SB Aud. If I install the game on my xp machine it plays the voice over fine.

I have tried XP compat mode
      Installing DX 9.0c

Has anyone else tried this game on 2008 yet and what was your end results.

Thanks

Arris

Have you applied all fixes mentioned in the Games article?

* Disable DEP
        * Missing gameux.dll
        * Missing xinput9_1_0.dll
        * dmusic.inf

In your case I think the dmusic.inf patch is most relevant.

Yep, tried all those already also. No help. XP – audio voice overs and music / 2008 Server music but no voice over which is odd they are WAV files, the music is ogg

Fixed it.

look for a file called config.cfg in C:program filesBethesda SoftworksStar Trek Legacy

Edit the line

cfg_Cineractive_Volume_Voice = 19 //VO Volume level during scripted cineractives [0, 20]

Set to the volume level you want. Looks like on 2008 the file gets tagged “read only” so when you adjust in the game itself it does not save. Prior to that it was 0. If you uncheck the RO it works as desired…

😳 Should have caught that one sooner… Always check permissions first…

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.