Solution for Qualcomm Gobi drivers

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Hardware Compatibility Solution for Qualcomm Gobi drivers

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi

Is there anyone out there with a solution to how to get Qualcomm Gobi to work in Winodws 2008 R2. I have an HP 8530p an ins now dualbooting between Windows 7 x64 and Windows 2008 R2. The only reason for having Windows 7 on this laptop is to use my mobile broadband.

Can’t fint a solution on the web, so I hope that someone in this forum can help!

Arris

Can’t you just extract the drivers from Windows 7 x64 using for example Double Driver, and install them in Windows Server 2008 R2 using the Device Manager?

Good luck and let me know if it works 🙂

Arris

Hi,

I am a newbie on the forum. I have just got Qualcomm GOBI 2000 on my new Lenovo X201s. Card is unlocked and working in Windows 7 – that is proven. In Server 2008 R2 – I successfully installed the drivers from Windows 7 – no visible problems in Device Manager.

My question is – What now? What kind of management software do I need to set up my connection? Server 2008 R2 tries to use the modem in a Dial-Up connection, but this of course will not work as connection to GSM Network does not require dialing.

In windows 7 I use Lenovo Access Connection software which manages connection based profiles successfully. Unfortunately Lenovo Access connection package refuses installation on Server 2008 R2.

Anybody with experience on this topic?

Thanks
        ================================================

One hour later – success !!! I have used the Lenovo Access Connection for Vista x64. It installed flawlessly under Server 2008 R2 and works – now I have my WWAN Connection working.

The only issue is not to find a suitable antenna as my X201 does not have embedded antennas for WWAN. I am wondering is somebody has tried to install original WWAN Lenovo antenna from X200 on X201s. The X201s has a WXGA+ (1440 x 900 resolution) and it seems Lenovo did not make enough space for 4 antennas in the notebook cover.

The fight continues.

I’m not sure but it might be caused by the fact that Windows Server 2008 R2 lacks a key service that is depedent on the operation of your mobile broadband card.

The WWAN AutoConfig service manages GSM & CDMA-based mobile broadband cards/adapters and their connections. Sounds like your card depends on this service to be functional. Go to Start > Administrative Tools > Services.

Check to see if WWAN AutoConfig exists. If it does, see if its disabled or the service is not running and try starting it.

If this service is missing we can try to get the win2008workstation development team to conjure up a way to install this service.

@halladayrules wrote:

I’m not sure but it might be caused by the fact that Windows Server 2008 R2 lacks a key service that is depedent on the operation of your mobile broadband card.

The WWAN AutoConfig service manages GSM & CDMA-based mobile broadband cards/adapters and their connections. Sounds like your card depends on this service to be functional. Go to Start > Administrative Tools > Services.

Check to see if WWAN AutoConfig exists. If it does, see if its disabled or the service is not running and try starting it.

If this service is missing we can try to get the win2008workstation development team to conjure up a way to install this service.

Any updates to this? I’m dying to get my WWAN card working natively. . . .

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.