Solution for problematic Hyper-V + nVidia

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Hardware Compatibility (New) Solution for problematic Hyper-V + nVidia

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi there!
      Seems like a have a solution for the problematic combination of Hyper-V and nVidia display driver. At least it works for me. The solution is to install nVidia ForceWare driver 169.25 WHQL for Windows Vista x64. You can download it from nVidia site. http://www.nvidia.ru/object/winvista_x64_169.25_whql_ru.html.
      After I’ve installed this version all lags are gone. I can run a virtual machine in Hyper-V box, scroll web pages in my Opera, design in Photoshop. I need to test 3D games to be sure completely. My hardware configuration as follows:
      ASUS P5KC, Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3Hz, 4Gb RAM, 3 SATA HDD, GeForce 8800 GT

Windows Aero with transparancy is enabled and works very good. I want to try to patch UxTheme. Hope it will work.

Good luck you too!

Update
      I can play STALKER with DirectX 10 features enabled but there are lags on fast movements. After I close game some time Windows also has lags but after a couple of minutes overal performance returns to normal.

Arris

Good to hear NVIDIA has finally been developing a Hyper-V compatible driver. Hope they ‘ll improve the drivers even more so everyone can run Hyper-V beside their 3D applications! 🙂

I currently have all Virtual Machines running in VMWare, but after I reinstalled my Windows Server 2008 within some months, I’ll give Hyper-V a try again. 😉

No. I use old drivers not new. Current version is something like 186.18. And I use 169.25.
        Seems like this version isn’t fine tuned for DirectX 10. Just it.

Arris

@Eshva wrote:

No. I use old drivers not new. Current version is something like 186.18. And I use 169.25.
          Seems like this version isn’t fine tuned for DirectX 10. Just it.

Ah, yes, didn’t notice that. What I expected was that NVIDIA has seen all the problems when using Hyper-V in combination with their graphics drivers, and fixed the bugs… However, nice finding that old drivers work fine! 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.