Small Typo

Forums General Feedback Small Typo

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

On this page, in Step #6 you said:

6. Select the harddisk and partition where you want to install Windows Server 2008 and click Next.

instead of

6. Select the harddisk and partition where you want to install Windows Server 2008 R2 and click Next.

Just a question, can you use Windows Vista’s “Disk Management” under “Computer Management” to make a partition instead of using the Command Prompt?

Arris

Thanks for the feedback, I fixed it! 🙂

@xxcom9a wrote:

Just a question, can you use Windows Vista’s “Disk Management” under “Computer Management” to make a partition instead of using the Command Prompt?

If you want to create a dual boot installation you will have to shrink a partition in order to get space to install an other operating system. I expect you can use the Disk Management tool (diskmgmt.msc) however I’m not sure if you can also use it to shrink the System-disk while the Operating System is running. At least you can try it! 🙂

Arris

Anonymous

Thanks for the feedback, I fixed it! 🙂

@xxcom9a wrote:

If you want to create a dual boot installation you will have to shrink a partition in order to get space to install an other operating system. I expect you can use the Disk Management tool (diskmgmt.msc) however I’m not sure if you can also use it to shrink the System-disk while the Operating System is running. At least you can try it! 🙂

Arris

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.