slow boot spldr.sys fltmgr.sys!

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Miscellaneous slow boot spldr.sys fltmgr.sys!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi guys, I’ve tracing the server 2008 workstation x64 start up with xperfs and I’ve found the spldr.sys and fltmg.sys driver loading very slow! how can I disable or repair loading of this drivers??

ps. excuse my bad english.. 😳

Arris

Hello marktj,

Is it only in your case that these drivers are loading slow or is this normal? Doing some research learns:
        spldr.sys – Loader for Security Processor (I have no idea what this one does)
        fltmg.sys – File System Filter Driver (More info: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/filterdrv/default.mspx)

If you can’t find anything the only thing I can think of is doing a clean installation of Windows Server 2008 and after every driver you install check if the start up time increases after every driver you install.

Arris

@marktj wrote:

Hi guys, I’ve tracing the server 2008 workstation x64 start up with xperfs and I’ve found the spldr.sys and fltmg.sys driver loading very slow! how can I disable or repair loading of this drivers??

ps. excuse my bad english.. 😳

hey marktj

do u have black screen like i have while the system booting ?

black screen that system wont do a thing for few secs

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.