RT Server Customizer – VLite / Configs Files

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous RT Server Customizer – VLite / Configs Files

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/145277-rt-server-customizer-beta-build-v10/
      i tested really gr8 🙂
      even after runing vlite after it

to make ur own Server WS
      http://www.2shared.com/file/2_4slt2Y/rt_online.html

if u remove winsxs
      u need to remove pending.xml file from winsxs dir

steps
      1. lastsession1.inf with RT Server lite
      2. Vlite Server R2 1.2 for vlite
      3. tweaks aftervlite for Workstation- for RT Server Lite

1.1GB iso file
      2.8GB Footprint on ur hdd
      memory useage 380mb on VMware [at idle 320mb]

Enjoy

Wow, such a great GUI for Waik! That’s what I was searching for!
      Thanks! 😉

Your link is broken :(.

Please update .inf file 🙂

Thanks!

@sviru wrote:

Your link is broken :(.

Please update .inf file 🙂

Thanks!

http://www.2shared.com/file/JWoCvngv/rt_online.html

i will when sp1 rtm is released here the old one

Thanks!

Is every step necessary to go down 1gb iso file?

Right now i’m trying to rt7lite win7 and i managed to go down to 2gb iso with win 7 🙁

Can you please tell me what base version of win2008 have you used?

Is there any chance that it will work with viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1230 version?

1. So first I RT Server lite my iso
      2. Then i vlite my iso..
      3. Then again RT Server lite ?

RT Server lite can’t do all the that vlite can?

Thanks for help! 🙂

yea u need to use both vlite and rt lite cos same stuff cant be remove with rt lite

[however i duno about the new version of rt server 1.1 rc]

im using web edition is has less packages and stuff teh enterprise and standard edition
      and mostly not needed

about link yea its should work great

Do you know of a component removal tool equivalent for Server 2008? vlite works but in a very limited state you can’t use the “Components removal” section as it breaks the integrity of Server Manager for some reason.

Might be possible to shrink Server 2008 ISO to fit on 1 CD? That would be nice for those who don’t have to go out and waste money on a DVD. I know its possible to spilt the ISO image into multiple parts and make it fit on 2 CDs in vlite.

This is a nice tool indeed.

I used it and I liked it.

But after i got R2 through I had some issue with some network components not working such a Teredo and therefor Symantec Endpoint in Unmanaged Client did not work that well…. 😈

That’s where I decided to start the R2 OEM PROJECT project to avoid such issues

For those who wish to split wim file here is command :

ImageX /split E:sourcesinstall.wim e:sourcessplitinstall.wim 600

where 600 stands for 600MB and e: where your have your SRV SP2 or R2 release.

You’ll get then 2 swm files.

ON CD 1 you put all folders from regular DVD and on CD2,3… you just put a “sources” folder with *.swm file.

Regards,

ExpertUser 😎

@halladayrules wrote:

Do you know of a component removal tool equivalent for Server 2008? vlite works but in a very limited state you can’t use the “Components removal” section as it breaks the integrity of Server Manager for some reason.

Might be possible to shrink Server 2008 ISO to fit on 1 CD? That would be nice for those who don’t have to go out and waste money on a DVD. I know its possible to spilt the ISO image into multiple parts and make it fit on 2 CDs in vlite.

700mb for windows server 2008 for 32bit is ok will work gr8

but for 64bit the system start to be very unusable

yes u can do that with vlite
      just enable the feathers first then run the vlite i think u might have to remove winsxs too
      [RT lite can enable feather for server 2008 r2 only so u need to do that manually else u wont able to remove a lot]

here my old setting for windows server 2008 32bit
      http://www.2shared.com/file/6ofQURz7/server12.html
      hope its will help u

u dont have to burn it, use usbdrive or deploy it with gimagex and set bootsector with easybcd

@aviv00 wrote:

@halladayrules wrote:

700mb for windows server 2008 for 32bit is ok will work gr8

but for 64bit the system start to be very unusable

yes u can do that with vlite
      just enable the feathers first then run the vlite i think u might have to remove winsxs too
      [RT lite can enable feather for server 2008 r2 only so u need to do that manually else u wont able to remove a lot]

here my old setting for windows server 2008 32bit
      http://www.2shared.com/file/6ofQURz7/server12.html
      hope its will help u

u dont have to burn it, use usbdrive or deploy it with gimagex and set bootsector with easybcd

Not quite what I am looking for but thanks anyways. Configuration is not really an issue for me. I’m so used to manually configuring everything (password policy, disabling UAC, shutdown event tracker, etc) that i’ve grown accustomed to it lol. Component removal like removing programs, useless services, modem drivers, crap like that. I use a very basic method to creating a bootable USB Windows OS through command prompt.

diskpart
      list disk
      select disk #
      clean
      create partition primary
      select partition 1
      active
      format fs=ntfs quick
      assign
      exit

Then I simply extract the contents of the ISO file copy and paste everything into the root of the USB drive. Bam its bootable. Simple and it works.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.