Remote audio

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have audio working on my system (Win2K8 R2, Gateway GT5654 PC, Realtek audio). I’m using the Vista x64 audio drivers, which is the closest I could find.

The WinAudio service is running, and audio works fine when I log in to the local console. But when I RDP in, even if I select “Bring to this computer”, I don’t get sound. When I’m remoted in, the speaker icon in the tray shows a red “x”, and the mixer says “No audio devices are installed.”

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
      Erik J Sawyer

I found it!

1. Under Administrative Tools/Remote Desktop Services, choose “Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration”.
      2Under “Connections”, right-click the RDP-Tcp connection, and choose Properties.
      3. Click the “Client Settings” tab
      4. In the redirection box, anything that is checked will *not* be redirected. My setup had “Audio and video playback” and “Audio recording” checked. Uncheck them.
      5. My setup also had the “Limit Maximum Color Depth” checked, and set to 15bpp. I unchecked the limitation.

Once those settings are changed and saved, disconnect the RDP session (if you’re currently in one) and reconnect. The settings will take effect.

Arris

I’m glad you solved it! 🙂 This info is also more or less available at the Enable Remote Desktop with Aero page in the manual.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.