Reinstalled Windows, Can’t Activate

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Miscellaneous Reinstalled Windows, Can’t Activate

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I recently obtained Windows 2008 Server through my student status and its availability on DreamSpark. After toying with it for about a week, I’ve decided to reinstall it for whatever reason. Problem is, I get Error Code 0xC004C020: The activation server reported that the Multiple Activation Key has exceeded its limit. From the sources I’ve gathered, it appears a simple call to the Product Activation center is in order to get everything working properly. However, when I go to the Windows Activation screen, there is no option for phone activation, except after I attempt the internet activation and get the error; but the link to phone activation from that page only directs me to the Windows Help for activating, not a page with any phone numbers. I’m becoming extremely frustrated with this, as I can’t seem to find a proper phone number for Microsoft to talk to a human representative anywhere.

Hi, I had the problem, too… Start the activation but sty offline… Then choose other options Telephone and activate it this way it works fine ( I made it 2 times)…

Best wishes… wolfi.thomas

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.