R2 CONVERTER GUI – v2.1 – 14/08/11

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous R2 CONVERTER GUI – v2.1 – 14/08/11

Viewing 104 reply threads
  • Author

by The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse

What does this tool do ?

This tool was made to ease Server R2 to Workstation conversion tasks.

This is the last update of the tool in it’s current version.

The new version is out and it’s an application. It still needs some work on it and we also need some feedback on it.

It’s posted on here too and available for download.

………… -> viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1924

Changelog : 14/08/11

* Updated Games Explorer
      * Updated SuperFetch Files

There is howto with it and pictures too.

Some reading…..

This tool was made to ease Server R2 to Workstation conversion tasks.

So here’s what you need to know :

Most important : to get it to look like W7 you need to enable Desktop Experience Feature

1/ When you apply “Features” a reboot is required !

2/ “Packs” can be applied without Desktop Experience except Sticky Notes

3/ “System Restore” in Packs requires Server Backup Feature

4/ “Bleutooth Stack” will enable Test Sign Mode on your R2

5/ To apply UxTheme please start Themes Service

6/ Special Tweaks

* Bluetooth

* SuperFetch

* System Restore

It’s up to you if you want to apply them !!!!

I fixed some pics, this is the best way to run it, 2 reboots required but fast done.

Here are some screens from v2.1 !!!

The tool is dynamic so it can updated and things can be added.

Download Link for the Tool :

R2ConvGUI-2.1_no_Runtimes.rar (129.4 MB)

https://mega.co.nz/#!BFYC1BjR!Ukz7GHHD1w8hstqMtTvwIhhWUZUkeLjCSqEoBbL0_Zc

R2ConvGUI-2.1_with_Runtimes.rar (270.6 MB)

https://mega.co.nz/#!FQ5VmKCZ!djtMsBnzhVO90oBhO3xI4jC6WfZ4OCVVtP1cZ3bxUZk

Regards,

The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse

πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

Arris

Great work again, guys! :geek: Glad to see a converter application for the R2 coming up πŸ™‚ This is very often requested app and looking at the download statistics of the converter for the R1 release, this will also become a _very_ often downloaded tool! 😎

Again, amazing work ExpertUser! Good job!
        p.s. I see that you have the “Enable SuperFetch Service” included as a tweak in your converter. Does it mean that you got the SuperFetch working on Windows Server 2008 R2?
        p.s.2 Also, you can include the default_aero_cursors.reg tweak (it makes the Aero Cursor scheme the default Windows cursor scheme, for example in logon screen, for newly created accounts, etc).

Hi Ascii !

Glad that you like it !

We are working on SuperFetch issue at the moment. I did not post it anyway here as I do not have the results neither what is be done to get it work.

We’ll add the Aero Cursors, no problem.

As I said, the tool is dynamic, so we’ll be add to extra stuff whenever we want. πŸ˜‰

Regards,

ExpertUser and Team 😎

Hi Ascii !

I have some news for you concerning Superfetch.

We are working on R2ConvGUI Fixes part and we wanted to integrate your Superfetch patch too but we will not be able to !

And I’ll explain why : my friend Secr9tos took R2 kernel apart and the result is that M$ has hidden/removed Superfetch !

It looks like that the code itself seems to be removed/hidden but in fact it gets invoked like it would be on Windows 7.

In Windows 7, the superfetch init chain gets invoked right before the session manager is set up.

@Phase1InitializationDiscard+F81
        INIT:00000001405A2811 call PfInitializeSuperfetch
        INIT:00000001405A2816 xor ecx, ecx
        INIT:00000001405A2818 call SmInitSystem

We are working on a workaround. 😎

Will keep you updated.

I hope this information will be useful.

Regards,

ExpertUser

hoak
        Participant

Wow ExpertUser! Handsome work! Look forward to trying it!

πŸ˜€

We are currenlty on Beta 0.7 !

Here is what has be done tested and working :

1/ Adding Features individual or grouped (Desktop, Ink, .Net35, Wireless and Server) -> requires a reboot for Desktop Experience

2/ W7PAcksR2 (individual or grouped) -> reboot required (better…. πŸ˜† )

3/ Supertfetch is working too ! 😎

4/ Main registry tweaks to disable Interactive Logon, Event Tracker, CopyTo/MoveTo, TakeOwnsership

5/ Fixes for GPO (Pass complexity and expiration)

6/ Services (Themes and Audio)

7/ DreamScene and UxTheme

We are working on some extra things such Reg Fixes for Start Menu (Small Icons, Highlight New Installed Progs,…. no big stuff)

We will work on some GUI eye candy too. πŸ˜‰

We expcept to have a working version for here by the end of this year for you to test !

There will be only one version of the tool for all languages, as since I cleaned up yesterday W7PAcksR2 MUI versions, I removed some files that had nothing to do in M$ Games part so the pack is reduced to 130 MB (English one is 110 MB).

I don’t think 20 MB difference will do so much. πŸ˜†

Regards

ExpertUser, Secr9tos and Team. πŸ˜‰

gr8 news πŸ™‚

@aviv00 wrote:

gr8 news πŸ™‚

Wow, such a *great* news! Very good job!!

p.s. I just bought a new BDA-compatible DVB TV tuner.
          I’m currently preparing to work on a batch installer for BDA instead of the crappy msi.
          I’ll be also working on porting a Bluetooth 3.0 drivers from Windows 7 SP1 (when the SP1 for Windows 7 will be released).
          So prepare for a new stuff for your R2 CONVERTER GUI! πŸ˜‰

That’s good news Ascii !

Very nice !

As I said, the tool is Dynamic and we’ll be able to add things to it. 😎

And of course your contribution to the tool is essential, since it all started of from your work Ascii. πŸ˜‰

So we all owe you one ! TY Ascii. πŸ˜‰

Regards,

ExpertUser

I’m doing a fresh Windows Server 2008 R2 installation later today, so I would gladly try out the BETA if you need some feedback on it?

Doesn’t really matter if things aren’t working as intended as I’ve got the whole holiday season to do another installation if needed.

@RamGuy wrote:

I’m doing a fresh Windows Server 2008 R2 installation later today, so I would gladly try out the BETA if you need some feedback on it?

Doesn’t really matter if things aren’t working as intended as I’ve got the whole holiday season to do another installation if needed.

Hi !

You can try this out :

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1445

It works too. πŸ˜‰

We are not done yet with the Beta release as we have some things to fix still. πŸ˜†

Regards,

ExpertUser

I’ve only one big big wish: Windows Virtual PC on “Foundation”. Via MSU “camouflage” (so it think it will be installed on Seven) or like all your other workarounds: Copy, Paste and running .reg files … πŸ˜‰

Some extra news !

We’re on 0.8 RC version.

We are just moving some thing around it the tool and reorganizing some stuff.

We hope to be able to get a working version for Christmas on here. 😎

LOL McS ! We have not started to look in XPMode. I honestly do not know whether we will take a look at it since Vmware does the same job better. That’s my opinion.

But I’ll ask the devs to take a look at it….. πŸ˜‰

Regard,

ExpertUser πŸ™‚

hoak
          Participant

I really like the clean, rational, well organized interface that follows Microsoft’s design conventions! Does your SuperFetch feature patch the Kernel or something to get it working?

You guys have so much talent an dknowledge of Windows System Internals at work, have you considered taking this tool in the other direction as well toward removing/uninstalling features, bloat etc. from Server 2008 R2?

Impressive work, don’t hurry the versions! I’m sure you’re excited to get people to try it, but you’ll have more attention then you know what to do with when you release!

πŸ˜‰

Hi hoak !

Your question on Superfetch is very interesting.

Secr9tos took R2 kernel to pieces to explore it and it results that the function is there but “hidden/removed” by M$.

It looks like that the code itself seems to be “removed/hidden” but in fact it gets invoked like it would be on Windows 7.

So all what we did is to get it working nothing more.

We did not mod the kernel as that could cause security issues and instability in the system, and we do not want that.

In what refers to components removal like in vLite or RT Server Tool from Ben, I did mention that I tested R2 “Light” releases and made some with those tools and I was not very pleased on the results.

I noticed when making some W7/R2 “Light” releases that removing components can be a problem at one moment or the other. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

But we can always think about it in the future. πŸ˜‰

Regards,

ExpertUser and Team 😎

Released !

Check 1st post for link. 😎

Merry Christmas to all of you ! πŸ™‚

ExpertUser and Team. πŸ˜‰

BOO R2. Horray beer! (and server 2008)

hey and thanks for the release and your great work.

unfortunately I cannot download with the supplied link as it says it needs authorized access.

Access to the webpage was denied
            You are not authorized to access the webpage at http://download108.mediafire.com/lvl24la1o4sg/8uup7ygco6a2qgf/R2ConvGUI_0.8.1_RC.rar. You may need to sign in

Hi !

Link tested and working fine on Chrome, FF and IE.

I’ll fix up some more donwload links.

N 😎

Although not my favorite OS its funny how snappier R2 feels on some machines. On other machines like mine it doesn’t run as efficent as Server 2008. Even 64-bit 2008 runs better im not saying this from a 32-bit perspective. Of course a 32-bit OS is going to boot faster there are less files to load. My cousin came over today cuz he wanted me to install 7 ultimate on his machine and I dual booted R2 on his other machine because he wanted to test out a server os… its crazy how faster and snappier R2 felt even though they were both baseline installs. R2 booted a tad slower but with eboostr i was able to get it to boot a good 20 seconds faster. Really makes you think down deep about the kernel differences between the two… On the outside they look the same but internally… this cannot be the case.

I tested out the converter tool using a fresh install of R2. Upon installing the Desktop Experience role using your tool I was greeted with a wmploc error “Version 12.x.x.x where 12.y.y.y was expected” when launching Windows Media Player. I was able to fix the error by manually uninstalling Desktop Experience in Server Manager and reinstalling it through the traditional way. I’m not sure if it has something due to with the tool or a faulty Windows Update that failed to configure… AGAIN. Thanks a lot R2! Good ole tried and true Server 2008. The gal hasn’t let me down once.

Note: The ISO I used to install a fresh copy of R2 on my machine was taken from the Microsoft Dreamspark website.

@halladayrules wrote:

I tested out the converter tool using a fresh install of R2. Upon installing the Desktop Experience role using your tool I was greeted with a wmploc error “Version 12.x.x.x where 12.y.y.y was expected” when launching Windows Media Player. I was able to fix the error by manually uninstalling Desktop Experience in Server Manager and reinstalling it through the traditional way. I’m not sure if it has something due to with the tool or a faulty Windows Update that failed to configure… AGAIN. Thanks a lot R2! Good ole tried and true Server 2008. The gal hasn’t let me down once.

Note: The ISO I used to install a fresh copy of R2 on my machine was taken from the Microsoft Dreamspark website.

Hi halladayrules,

I will run a “doctor test” on this issue to reproduce the error. I will post when done. πŸ’‘

Regards,

ExpertUser

Not working for me =/

@ halladayrules :

I performed tests on all available R2 releases around from the Dreamspark ones, TN, MSDN, Evals and VL. In no way I was able to reproduce the error you got. I am sorry. I asked Secr9tos to do same and he did not manage either.

@sythrar

lol for not working for me….. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† it’s only one feature of the whole pack. I’ll check it out again.
            Please could you tell me what did you install with it at the same time (ex, Features, Services,….)

There is sequence of hwo things need to be installed such a Features and reboots a required before you can apply new stuff,…. I need more information on how the error came up. Thank you for your detailed feedback.

It’s important so we can isolate the error should Superfetch require soem special treatment. 😎

Regards,

N πŸ™‚

Sorry my very bad English.

All option gives same error, look:

Run inst.cmd from pack:

i think error is here:
            if exist “%sr%SysNativecmd.exe” “%sr%SysNativecmd.exe” /c “%0”

My win 2008 r2 (Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 Integrated December 2010-BIE) not have this alias (SysNative).

Ty for help.

Hi !

TY for the feedback with the pics. πŸ˜‰

Also TY for the release Edition. We’ll take a look at it but it must be a release restriction since it’s a modded one by BIE……

The tool was tested on M$ Original releases and we do not get such error.

I’ll post when we have solved the matter.

I’ll also download a BIE R2 Edition to see what’s been changed in it….. πŸ˜‰

Regards,

ExpertUser 😎

Ok !

It’s pure BiE related issue, here is why :

If β€œEnable SuperFetch” fails with β€œCode 1” it means that the environment-variable %SystemRoot% is not available or incorrect!

Nearly the same goes for β€œDisable Ctrl + Atl + Del” but this time the tool named reg.exe is missing on the system.

Trying to run run β€œpath>inst.cmd” which cannot work coz it needs to be invoked like β€œinst.cmd NUMBER”

Finally, the SysNative thing. It’s an alias for x86 programs to recognize if the windows system32 path got redirected. .. but again since %SystemRoot% seems to be missing or wrong, this line will fail respectively too.

So it’s NOT a Tool Problem but a Release Problem. Sorry about that. πŸ˜•

Regards,

ExpertUser and Team. πŸ˜‰

@ExpertUser wrote:

Ok !
            Trying to run run β€œpath>inst.cmd” which cannot work coz it needs to be invoked like β€œinst.cmd NUMBER”

Yes, inst.cmd 1 (Disable Ctrl + Atl + Del) and 10 (SuperFetch) Work :D, but GUI not. πŸ™

Ty for help.

Good news !

I am going to install December BiE R2 release to see what’s wrong with it.

I will post when I have some extra info.

N πŸ™‚

I installed R2 Enterprise from BiE December Edition in a VM.

I got NO errors at all from the Tool …… πŸ˜€

So the problem is elsewhere since the tool works on the BiE release.

Regards,

N 😎

Hi There,

first of all: awesome work guys ! =)

@ sythrar: Are you running the installer from a network location ? I got the same error messages when doing that.

best regards,

frexit

Thanks for looking into the matter ExpertUser. I suppose it might have had something to do with an improperly installed update from Windows Update that caused my wmploc.dll. I remember installing a batch of updates and a few failed. It’s nice to see its not a result of the hard work you did. I have since reformatted the R2 partition and extended it onto my primary 2008 box since I feel no need to run R2.

We need to get some developing love for Server 2008. It seems like the OS has been pushed out of the way by everybody on the forums. It’s an amazingly stable OS and deserves a lot of props and respect. Plus we at the win2008workstation have devoted a hell of a lot more time on Server 2008 than R2. R2 is just a noob right now. A lot of hard work was put into 2008 and i don’t think we should steer from that dedication. The kernel has been around a bit longer. We have discovered more bugs and patched them. Service packs have strengthened the core of the OS better. R2 is still a new puppy in the workstation game in my book. We still got a long way to go. It’s like we have a beautifully built car that runs fine, but no paint job. Personally I don’t think the car is fit-n-finish just yet but we are getting there. Pretty soon R2 will become to point where I can tolerate it and will use it to replace my current 2008 machine. I don’t know though. My Server 2008 box is running so beautiful and clean. Fast boot time (under 30 seconds). Low memory footprint. Hard disk never thrashes. Gaming compatibility is pretty high as well as my framerates. I can’t complain. She’s been a good girl to me. Tried and true 2008. If you haven’t figured it out by now I’m a 2008 fan hehe

@frexit wrote:

Hi There,

first of all: awesome work guys ! =)

@ sythrar: Are you running the installer from a network location ? I got the same error messages when doing that.

best regards,

frexit

No, but in partition different. Run R2 Converter in windows partition and worked πŸ˜€

Enable SuperFetch bug -> SuperFetch worked, but rdyboost not πŸ™

Look administrative tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> System :
            The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
            rdyboost

sythrar,
            Yep, I know about that issue, but still dunno how to fix it. πŸ™
            Even if I import all ReadyBoost-related reg. entries from Windows 7, it still doesn’t work.

Hi !

We are working on the matter.

For the moment we have not yet found how to solve it.

We hope to have some good news for 2011.

Regards,

N & Team 😎

We have a found a way to get ReadyBoost working.

We are currently testing it.

If tests are productive we will included it in version 1.0 of the tool.

All the best for 2011.

Regards,

N & Team 😎

I posted newer release with SuperFetch for all LP’s and ReadyBoost working.

Check 1st post.

Happy New Year 2011.

N & Team 😎

ReadyBoost working πŸ˜€

But not create trace1 … x.fx in WindowsPrefetchReadyBoot and boot timer is the same.

Use BootTimer.exe http://www.planetsoft.org/

If you want:

I created a batch file that deletes the LegacyDisable values from three registry keys which makes it possible to see Search option in the right-click context menu (older XP style). I have attached it below. If you want to implement it in your converter tool go ahead!

I have tested it out on 2008 and it works on a 7 machine as well. I’m assuming it will work on R2 as well. You can put it under your tweaks tab “Add Search… to right-click context menu”

Happy New Year Halladayrules !

TY got it !

Well we will test it and add it if worky. 😎

Regards,

N & Team 😎

@ExpertUser wrote:

Happy New Year Halladayrules !

Same to you bud.

Updated tool ! πŸ˜‰

Check 1st post.

N & Team

strange, do not run (v1.0.1)

need .net 4 ?

@sythrar wrote:

strange, do not run (v1.0.1)

need .net 4 ?

😯 net 4 ?

Tested it on fresh R2 :

N & Team

Here’s a few more tweaks to consider.

Increase the NTFS Memory Cache Size

By default 2008/R2 will only dedicate a limited amount of memory cache to NTFS files. By increasing the pool you can speed up thumbnail loading and NTFS loading in general. Because of this I would not recommend this tweak on system under 2GB, 4GB preferred.

In command prompt type: fsutil behavior set memoryusage 2

Disable User Account Control File Virtualization Driver

Even though you may disable the UAC service altogether the driver is still loaded into boot time. To shave a second or so off your boot time disable this driver from loading.

Copy and paste the code between the dotted lines into notepad and save as disableUACfv.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesluafv]
            “Start”=dword:00000004

Force Kernel to use RAM instead of page file

This will force the kernel to load into RAM instead of paging out to the disk which decreases boot time. The kernel is put into locked pages of memory that cannot be swapped and thus lesser memory will be available to applications. The size of R2s kernel is not that large (less than 400MB) however I would not recommend this tweak unless you have a minimum of 2GB installed, 4GB preferred.

Copy and paste the code between the dotted lines and save as kernel-into-ram.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager Memory Management]
            “DisablePagingExecutive”=dword:00000001

TY Halladayrules !

Will be added in next update. πŸ˜‰

Preview :

We added “Applied” function so you know what has been installed already. 😎

And we tested the tool on R2 with SP1 RTM -> all works !!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Regards,

N & Team πŸ˜‰

I’m running SBS 2011. Using the .98 version of the tool I am able to install and get SuperFetch working great. The newer tools 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 fail with a exitCode 1. My guess is that the newer versions are doing some checking that the older version does not.
            %SystemRoot% points to C:/Windows so that part I know is correct. I also noticed the RAR correctly uncompresses into the correct directories but then looking at “inst.cmd” under #10 I see some instructions/tests after the unrar command that I don’t really understand prior to importing the registry keys. Should I just manully excute the reg file and see what happens? All works great when I use the old .98 tool but neither of the new tools work.

Thoughts Niege?

@kminard wrote:

I’m running SBS 2011. Using the .98 version of the tool I am able to install and get SuperFetch working great. The newer tools 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 fail with a exitCode 1. My guess is that the newer versions are doing some checking that the older version does not.
            %SystemRoot% points to C:/Windows so that part I know is correct. I also noticed the RAR correctly uncompresses into the correct directories but then looking at “inst.cmd” under #10 I see some instructions/tests after the unrar command that I don’t really understand prior to importing the registry keys. Should I just manully excute the reg file and see what happens? All works great when I use the old .98 tool but neither of the new tools work.

Thoughts Niege?

No Idea….. πŸ˜•

I’ll install SBS 2011 and see if I can reproduce the errors.

The difference between 0.81 and newer versions is that 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 can be run from DVD and Network drives.

But the exit code is no good.

I’ll be back on this. πŸ˜‰

Regards,

ExpertUser

Installing SBS 2011 for tests.

I’ll report back.

N πŸ™‚

Back on the SBS 2011 issue.

Now it seems that the files do not copy at all even from CMD lines.

I checked it out. There is an access deny to the Windows folder and/or sub-folders for some reason. πŸ˜†

We never tested it on Custom R2 releases such Vail or SBS because …… well no idea. πŸ˜†

I’ll get back on the issue when we have solved it. πŸ˜‰

N & Team

Update on SBS2011 issue :

We are still working on the matter and I do confirm that the actual bactch for Superfetch won’t work on SBS whether per GUI or by typing inst 10. πŸ˜•

We’ll update too when we found a workaround.

Regards,

N & Team

Good News !

We are able to get SuperFetch to work on SBS2011 from GUI. 😎

Now this is what has to be done until we have not updated the tool.

Step 1 : Disable UAC

Step 2 : Takeownership of all System32 folder

Step 3 : Apply SuperFetch from tool, GUI will work.

We’ll fix it in version 1.0.4 !

Regards,

ExpertUser and Team 😎

ExpertUser,

Great news on SBS 2011. Funny thing, the very first version (pre 1.x.x) of your GUI tool worked great. Don’t know why, but SuperFetch installed perfectly. In any case, thanks a million for the work around for the 1.0.2 version.

You guys are a great team of brainiacs. THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO!

K

@kminard wrote:

ExpertUser,

Great news on SBS 2011. Funny thing, the very first version (pre 1.x.x) of your GUI tool worked great. Don’t know why, but SuperFetch installed perfectly. In any case, thanks a million for the work around for the 1.0.2 version.

You guys are a great team of brainiacs. THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO!

K

I did test all versions we made of R2ConvGUI on SBS and none made it to install SuperFetch whether GUI on CMD lines. πŸ˜•

The issues is that UAC and System32 were blocking install.

We’ll releases a seperate fix for SBS and WHS, it’s easier and faster.

I’ll post when done.

Regards,

N & Team 😎

BTW: The application gets an instant crash if it has a path with spaces. It would be nice if it will be corrected … πŸ˜‰

@sythrar
            : I’m sure, this is also your problem.

@McStarfighter wrote:

BTW: The application gets an instant crash if it has a path with spaces. It would be nice if it will be corrected … πŸ˜‰

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

It’s corrected in version 1.0.4 πŸ˜‰

Here screen from 1.0.3 not released with bug fixed !

I posted it. Check 1st post for link. πŸ˜‰

N & Team 😎

Folks !

We are updating the tool with some tweaks and we were wondering :

Would you all be interested in this extra tab ! We called it Runtimes Tab !

Let us know !

TY.

Regards,

N & Team 😎

If the extras are only from Microsoft, it would be very cool … πŸ˜‰

@McStarfighter wrote:

If the extras are only from Microsoft, it would be very cool … πŸ˜‰

Yes, those are only M$ ones.

The bad news is that it increases tool size of 100 MB. πŸ˜†

Regards,

N πŸ™‚

Its sounds great to me, as its one of the things you not always remember to to install πŸ˜› .
            And yeah MS only would be prefered

100MB in today’s fast download world is no big deal. I say DO IT.

1st post updated !

Regards,

N & Team 😎

Seems no longer any way to donwload without being forced into a spyware infected download manager from Multiupload.com. This is really too bad because Norton 360 refuses to accept the iLivid download manager as clean. Can something be done so Multiupload.com does not force a client install as the onyl way to get the 1.0.6 version?

Thanks…

Keith

@kminard wrote:

Seems no longer any way to donwload without being forced into a spyware infected download manager from Multiupload.com. This is really too bad because Norton 360 refuses to accept the iLivid download manager as clean. Can something be done so Multiupload.com does not force a client install as the onyl way to get the 1.0.6 version?

Thanks…

Keith

Hi !

I had to temporarily put the files on Multiupload for a couple of days. I had a bandwidth problem on my Mediafire Pro Account.

Someone downloaded 1358 times the R2Conv with Runtimes……. and used all my bandwidth up ! ❗ ❓ πŸ’‘ ❗

I added new Mediafire links on 1st post !

Also I just checked Multiupload and files are fine, you can choose to get them from Megaupload or the Rapishare……

I don’t understand what the issue then ? I can download them from all listed file servers and I use Symanted Endpoint…….. and all is fine !

Regards,

N πŸ™‚

I’m not sure if you got this tweak or not but I’ll provide it anyway.

If you delete both of the “System error…” registry keys @ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerVolumeCaches

You can speed up access to Disk Cleanup tremendously. This can be helpful especially for those who have System Restore installed and want to delete system restore points (all but one).

Here’s a video tutorial I made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0uSKTribsk&feature=channel_video_title

It’s blocked in Germany because of the song I put to make it less boring hahah

Can you also add tablet pc input functionality ?

cuz i need it..

@runeazn wrote:

Can you also add tablet pc input functionality ?

cuz i need it..

We are working on it.

But we have no release date yet. πŸ˜‰

Patience !

Regards,

N & Team 😎

hmm ima test this out on VM first.

Soo guys what should i choose Windows server 2008 R2 Entrerprise or Windows 7 Ultimate?

as youve added more functions can you also update those pictures?
            i did them standalone but somebody could mix them up and yeah..

also a REVERSE button to vanilla would be awesome

Hi runeazn,

Pictures are the ones of the current version.

Regards,

N & Team πŸ™‚

@ExpertUser wrote:

Hi runeazn,

Pictures are the ones of the current version.

Regards,

N & Team πŸ™‚

cant be??
            there are way more functions than the version showed on the pic mind to explain that?

[edit] i meant the pictures included in the downloads, that shows you which you need to select in every run.

Hi,

The pics in tuto are for the main conversions that require a reboot or a precise way to run them.

Also lots of functions are explained on tool directly.

Example:

Disable password complexity requirements (Needs to be applied on hiw own ! Reboot required !)

or

Install msmpeg2vdec.dll and msmpeg2adec.dll (Desktop Experience Feature required)

……..

Regards,

N & Team

also i might want to install R2 on my main desktop but fact that norton 360 doesnt work is the problem and i want to have a server.

do you have any bypass that it actually let it think that its windows 7 liek changing files and/or registeries, cuz the comppatability mode doesnt work.

Hi,

Just use Symantec Endpoint, it’s AV + Firewall for Server OS.

N πŸ™‚

@ExpertUser wrote:

Hi,

Just use Symantec Endpoint, it’s AV + Firewall for Server OS.

N πŸ™‚

nortyon 360 is mroe advanced and i have a year elft..

Hi !

R2 is Server OS so you’ll need a Server OS AV + FIREWALL software.

You may not be able to install Norton 360 on it.

Please check here : viewtopic.php?f=24&t=965

N πŸ™‚

@ExpertUser wrote:

Hi !

R2 is Server OS so you’ll need a Server OS AV + FIREWALL software.

You may not be able to install Norton 360 on it.

Please check here : viewtopic.php?f=24&t=965

N πŸ™‚

i want to ask you if you can figure a way out? as i aint that handy πŸ™
            i can get the temp folder but what should i do?

i read some methods which i cant use or dont know how :
            Set WshShell = CreateObject( β€œWScript.Shell” )
            Do While True
            WshShell.RegWrite β€œHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlProductOptionsProductType”, β€œWinNT”, β€œREG_SZ”
            Loop
            how am i going to use this?

for Antivirus you can install Microsoft Security, its free and will install,update and work at no problems, just choose the Win7 64bit version at http://www.Microsoft.com/security_essentials . πŸ˜€

How to enable superfetch witch commandline?

@bobas669 wrote:

How to enable superfetch witch commandline?

You can not.

It’s a whole pack with files that needs to be applied.

Use tool, it’s better.

Regards,

ExpertUser πŸ™‚

But I want to make windows server 2008 r2 workstation with this.

@bobas669 wrote:

But I want to make windows server 2008 r2 workstation with this.

As I said, there is a CMD line but you also need reg files and other files.

So use R2ConvGUI please, it will do the job.

Regards,

N πŸ™‚

πŸ˜‰ Hi,friend.Why i can’t link http://www.multiupload.com/EZIHHZ2BRK Is it all work now ?
            I am so tired for the game-COD4, it can’t work,and the foobar can’t work either.
            Make matters worse-the HD4850 drivers can’t works,neigher the audio drivers, though I updated them already.
            If you know why,can you mail me. THX.

@Asian wrote:

πŸ˜‰ Hi,friend.Why i can’t link http://www.multiupload.com/EZIHHZ2BRK Is it all work now ?
            I am so tired for the game-COD4, it can’t work,and the foobar can’t work either.
            Make matters worse-the HD4850 drivers can’t works,neigher the audio drivers, though I updated them already.
            If you know why,can you mail me. THX.

Hi !

1/ The download links work 100%…… i tested them all. :mrgreen:

2/ What concerns COD, since I am not a gamer at all, please check here : viewforum.php?f=23 for further help.

3/ For your HD4850, you need to install driver manually from Device Manager, as I have a Radeon 4850 on one of my R2 Server test PC’s.

Regards,

N πŸ™‚

It works like a god ,really thx~ :ugeek:

thanks to all involved. i can’t wait to try it on my re install next week. well done!

Good Evening to all !

I though you may wanted to know that we are working on R2Conv3 since some time.

One of the major improvements is that it’s going to be an application and that we will able to update easily each pack in it or add extra packs. πŸ˜‰

We also improved W7 Packs integration in it. πŸ˜‰

It’s currently in testing phase and we hope to have soon as a version for here.

Here some screens :

Regards,

The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse 😎

Holy sh.. guys, you are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo great … πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Sorry for this πŸ˜‰

@McStarfighter wrote:

Holy sh.. guys, you are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo great … πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Sorry for this πŸ˜‰

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

LOL.

N πŸ™‚

Hi, I don’t get it, am I doing something wrong, I run the tool and select things like disable complex passwords, it just does nothing / does not work. I even make sure to “Run As Administrator” and reboot afterwards, but if I then issue:
            net user Administrator 1234
            to change password to 1234, I simply get

C:UsersAdministrator>net user Administrator boss
            The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirements.
            More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2245.

Am I doing something wrong here ?

I do love that the guys have take to do this, it’s fantastic, but I’m curious:
            could we also have the modifications as cmd batch scripts and/or vbscripts please ?

This way, makes it easy for people to take what they need/want to do and apply instantly. GUI’s are very pretty and all, but if you (or me) has a customised script that they can modify to our own particular needs, and more quickly that clicking in GUI’s. it’s a win-win-win-win situation for everyone πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ if these mods are available as cmd batch / vbscript etc I would greatly appreciate that ! will be great if these scripts can be posted up ! thanks in advance for this great tool (and also hopefully for the raw scripts that we can use).

@roysubs wrote:

Hi, I don’t get it, am I doing something wrong, I run the tool and select things like disable complex passwords, it just does nothing / does not work. I even make sure to “Run As Administrator” and reboot afterwards, but if I then issue:
            net user Administrator 1234
            to change password to 1234, I simply get

C:UsersAdministrator>net user Administrator boss
            The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password complexity and password history requirements.
            More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2245.

Am I doing something wrong here ?

In order to make the “Disable Password Complexity Fix” to work, if you see on tool it says that a reboot is required.

It does work 100% as it’s the same one we use for our OEM packs and Workstation releases.

Now in what concerns the scripts, batches and fixes they are already available in current version, please feel free to play around with them.

Should you wish to use our scripts and batches to fiddle around with them to make your “own” tool is fine for us.

I am not certain that we will post a topic with all scripts, fixes and whatever else is in the tool, because that would demand some work keeping it updated, but most of all it would be more a “Please fix my script, I don’t know why it does not work………” topic. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Don’t misunderstand me on that, it’s just that we have been working since nearly a year on this project, including also the side projects such as the OEM folders and making every 6 month nearly a new release, all this takes time and lots work.

I’ll talk with the 4 Horsemen Team to see what they think about it. We’ll let you know.

TY for your interest in our work.

Regards,

The 4 Horsemen

Hi there guys. You have done a tremendous work with WIN2k8r2 conversion. I’m using now the conversion GUI v2.1 and I would like to know, is it possible to uninstall it and install the new one R2ConvGUI 3, when will be ready, or v3 will be installed on v2.1 without no problems.
            Keep up the good work!!!

@Adrian wrote:

Hi there guys. You have done a tremendous work with WIN2k8r2 conversion. I’m using now the conversion GUI v2.1 and I would like to know, is it possible to uninstall it and install the new one R2ConvGUI 3, when will be ready, or v3 will be installed on v2.1 without no problems.
            Keep up the good work!!!

It will not be possible to “uninstall” previous version as basically it was a copy/paste of W7 files to R2 OS folders with some regs and fixes.

So should you wish to use the uninstall option that we plan to add to the new version you’ll need to have a fresh R2 install and then use R2Conv3.

Sorry about that.

By the way credits to R2 Conversion go to all members of this forum. 😎 We only gave it a GUI and added some extras to it.

Regards,

The Horsemen πŸ˜‰

I am currently testing an updated version that is fully operational.

It does not include yet some features that we wanted to implement.

We may release it over the weekend.

It will be an application as promised, we’ll work from there on.

Regards,

The Horsemen πŸ™‚

I updated 1st post.

All files were updated for the last time in it’s current form, as we did now develop an application for converting R2 !

Please check here :

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1924

Regards,

The Horsemen πŸ™‚

Hey ExpertUser,

I have got another tweak you can integrate into the next version of you R2 Conv GUI. It’s the Windows Media Player plugin for Firefox that allows you to play Windows Media content on websites that support it. For example I found this site that streams my local police scanner through Windows Media Encoder 9 Server. Useful on those sites that use this technology. Firefox does have a plugin to support WMV but it only works for client desktops by default. I just simply extracted compressed file and editing the MSI with ORCA and dropped the client OS dependancy. The attached file below is the tweaked one compatible with Windows Server so its already ready to go.

Here is an example of Firefox BEFORE and AFTER Windows Media Player plugin support.

BEFORE:

[attachment=2:fkiir7o6]beforewmvplugin.jpg[/attachment:fkiir7o6]

AFTER:

[attachment=1:fkiir7o6]afterwmvplugin.jpg[/attachment:fkiir7o6]

As you can see the Windows Media stream now appears.

For those with Nehalem and Sandy Bridge generation Intel processors such as i7 920, core i5, etc… you can further increase the performance of the desktop by disabling core parking and enabling turbo boost.

To enable turbo boost on the current power scheme type in the following command into command prompt:

1st line: Powercfg -setacvalueindex scheme_current sub_processor 45bcc044-d885-43e2-8605-ee0ec6e96b59 100

2nd line: Powercfg -setactive scheme_current

To disable core parking type the following into command prompt:

1st line: Powercfg -setacvalueindex scheme_current sub_processor bc5038f7-23e0-4960-96da-33abaf5935ec 100

2nd line: Powercfg -setactive scheme_current

Yet another tweak to add to your R2 CONV GUI from yours truly. I see in the CONV GUI that you have the ability to show or hide files and folders but you don’t give the option to actually hide/unhide them. I have added the ability to hide or unhide files and folders to the right-click context menu. I have attached the registry files to be imported into your registry below.

@ExpertUser wrote:

by The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse

What does this tool do ? This tool was made to ease Server R2 to Workstation conversion tasks.

This is the last update of the tool in it’s current version.

The new version is out and it’s an application. It still needs some work on it and we also need some feedback on it.
            Download Link for the Tool :

R2ConvGUI-2.1_no_Runtimes_13-08-11.rar (129.4 MB)

http://www.mediafire.com/?7wwdf6a58r2u7dn

R2ConvGUI-2.1_with_Runtimes_13-08-11.rar (270.6 MB)

http://www.mediafire.com/?g4i2458q7ht8t

Regards,

The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Great portable tool that perfectly does the job. However, there’s 1 misspell error, affect <-> effect:

πŸ™‚

Hahahahahahaha.

LOL. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Thank you.

N πŸ™‚

how can i down this great tool now ?

hackerman1

@a_sd wrote:

Good question… πŸ˜‰
              There are links to the tool in the first post.
              But all the links are dead now…. 😑
              For some strange reason the files have been deleted on mega.nz.

IΒ΄m going to upload all tools to another location, but not today…. πŸ˜‰

Meanwhile, IΒ΄m sending you an email with the R2-converter.

hackerman1

@a_sd wrote:

Good question… πŸ˜‰
                There are links to the tool in the first post.
                But all the links are dead now…. 😑
                For some strange reason the files have been deleted on mega.nz.
                IΒ΄m going to upload all tools to another location, but not today…. πŸ˜‰

Meanwhile, IΒ΄m sending you an email with the R2-converter.

Viewing 104 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.