Problems due to firewall issues?

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Miscellaneous Problems due to firewall issues?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I have a Canon MP600R.

It has worked perfectly until I installed Server 2008.

I can print documents, but not scan any.

Could this be due to compatibility issues, firewall issues or other issues?

I have Outpost Security Suite Pro 2009 installed.

Arris

Download the latest drivers (x86|x64) and install them by running [Architecture]DrvSetupsetup.exe. Now go to Start -> Control Panel -> Scanners and Cameras -> Doubleclick WIA Canon MP600R and click Test Scanner in de Diagnostics section.

If you get a failed message try to disable/temporarily remove the firewall and see if it works then. If it still doesn’t work you might try a Packet Sniffer like Wireshark or Packetyzer and see if you see any network traffic to your Canon printer/scanner ipaddress when clicking the Test Scanner button. You can also compare this to the traffic you seen when doing the same at a Windows Vista operating system.

@Arris wrote:

Download the latest drivers (x86|x64) and install them by running [Architecture]DrvSetupsetup.exe. Now go to Start -> Control Panel -> Scanners and Cameras -> Doubleclick WIA Canon MP600R and click Test Scanner in de Diagnostics section.

If you get a failed message try to disable/temporarily remove the firewall and see if it works then. If it still doesn’t work you might try a Packet Sniffer like Wireshark or Packetyzer and see if you see any network traffic to your Canon printer/scanner ipaddress when clicking the Test Scanner button. You can also compare this to the traffic you seen when doing the same at a Windows Vista operating system.

first of all there’s only folder called printers – cant find anything called scanner. secondly I cant seem to find this test scanner and diagnostics option.

as for using winshard – guess I have to study this since i dont know this program

I only use Windows firefall now – I deleted the Agnitum Firewall suite…

@Arris wrote:

i also forgot to mention that even connecting the USB cabel doesnt solve this problem. still no scanner working.

Arris

Sounds like you haven’t installed the Desktop Experience Feature. When installing this feature you not only get the possibility to have themes in your Windows Server 2008, but you also get the Scanners and Cameras option in the Control Panel.

To install the Desktop Experience Feature, follow the steps in the Themes tutorial in the Manual.

Good luck!

Viewing 4 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.