Password Problems??!!?

Forums General General Discussion Password Problems??!!?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi hopw you guys (and gals) can help

I have been running Win2k8 for a while now – all seems fine. However it kept notifying me that I will need to change my password in XX amount of days…

Ofcourse I kept putting it off, but not I cannot logon as its forcing me to change. Now this wouldnt normally be a problem except that it doesnt let me! When I type in a new password I get the error message “Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, either because the machine is unavailable, or access is denied”

Any ideas? Is it an install problem? Can I log in as Administrator and change the password? (If so, how to select Administrator as the login and not the standard user name – CTRL+ALT+DEL doesnt bring up an option to change the logon…)

Help?!

Arris

It sounds like you are joined to a domain. If so you can try to change your password on an other computer in that Domain because all users are stored on the Domain Controller and so your pc won’t complain about the expiration anymore. If that doesn’t work or if that isn’t the case, try to boot in Safe Mode (repeatedly pressing the F8 key before Windows boots) and log in there as Local Administrator to change your password.

Hope this helps you a bit!

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.