- 6th April 2008 at 13:55 #45879
- 6th April 2008 at 11:09 #43021ArrisModerator
Description: Use the Offline Files feature to automatically synchronize the files and folders between my notebook and home pc when connected.
– Enabling Offline Files in the (classic) Control Panel, but after restart, if you right click on a network folder and select Always Available Offline, nothing happens.
– Using the steps Heath Provost posted at softwareblogs.intel.com, but got the same result as Try #1:
1. By default, 2k8 does not seem to create the C:WindowsCSC folder, but all the other needed components are installed. If you do not have this folder, just create it manually before proceeding further.
2. Create/edit the following registry keys:
Value: ??c:Windowscsc (yes, with the weird looking question mark stuff)
Note: The Parameters key above may not exist, you will have to create it if it doesn’t.
3. Reboot and offline files should be functional.
- The topic ‘Offline Files in Server 2008’ is closed to new replies.