Norton Antivirus 2009

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Applications Compatibility Norton Antivirus 2009

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I just happened to have an unopened box for Norton Antivirus 2009 sitting around the house here. I can’t seem to find any data on whether or not this will work on 2008. I see it will work for all flavors of Vista..

Any ideas?

Thanks

Josh

My idea – leave it unopened! 😀

That being said – Anti-virus applications are picky, If it doesn’t have ‘business’ written on the box somewhere chances are it won’t work without editing the install file.

@Wakers wrote:

My idea – leave it unopened! 😀

That being said – Anti-virus applications are picky, If it doesn’t have ‘business’ written on the box somewhere chances are it won’t work without editing the install file.

All I really want is a good AV app that doesn’t hog all the resources of the box. I’ve seen a lot of this works and that works but no real comparisons.

It says it works for Vista Business but no clue if that’s good enough.

Josh

Arris

Maybe you can take a look at the following topic: Win2008Workstation.com Forum: Your favourite Antivirus Program?

If I were you I’d sell the unopened Norton box and buy a Eset Nod32 v3 Business Edition license using this method. 😉

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.