Nokia PC Suite ?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone found anyway to install Nokia PC Suite on win2k8 x64 ….

I guess there is no different for x64 or x86 and its a compatibility problem…

anyways guys, if you found anyway, please share, its important πŸ˜‰

Thanks

Arris

Here is how to install Nokia PC Suite 7.0.8.2 (At least on Windows Server 2008 x64 Enterprise)

1. Download Nokia PC Suite (I tried Nokia_PC_Suite_rel_7_0_8_2_eng_us_web.exe)
        2. Download and install 7-Zip.
        3. Right click at Nokia_PC_Suite_rel_7_0_8_2_eng_us_web.exe and in the contextmenu choose: 7-Zip -> Extract to Nokia_PC_Suite_rel_7_0_8_2_eng_us_web
        4. Open that folder, browse to: PackagesPCCSSetup and install PCCS.msi
        5. Now browse to PackagesNokia_PC_SuiteSetup and install Nokia_PC_Suite.msi
        6. Run the Nokia PC Suite!

I couldn’t test if the phone can communicate with the pc because I don’t own a Nokia phone.

Good luck! πŸ˜‰

I can verify that the said version when using that method works for my Nokia 6630 100%, although I run 2008 Enterprise x86. And i connect via USB, not bluetooth. Finding a compatible Bluetooth stack [Widcomm/IVT/Microsoft, etc] would probably be a whole other problem – If you run into any with that it would probably be best discussed in the Driver Compatibility subforum I reckon.

I used a method similar to Arris’ and can confirm this works on x64. I also installed the Bluetooth stack and have this working in conjunction with my phone and Nokia PC Suiteβ€”and this works better on 2008 than it did on Vista, so go figure.

@Bink wrote:

I used a method similar to Arris’ and can confirm this works on x64. I also installed the Bluetooth stack and have this working in conjunction with my phone and Nokia PC Suiteβ€”and this works better on 2008 than it did on Vista, so go figure.

Everything works better in 2008 than Vista for me haha [with the tiny exception of some software saying “This is not for Server OS’s” or whatever].

2008 seems so much more responsive and stable for me πŸ™‚

Thanks for the info! I was able to install PC Suite. but.

When i try to add my phone (e61i) – it says “cannot authenticate the phone” – i also tried to re-pair. same problem.

any ideas?

Also installing the modem did not work…

tia
        dom

@leastprivilege wrote:

Thanks for the info! I was able to install PC Suite. but.

When i try to add my phone (e61i) – it says “cannot authenticate the phone” – i also tried to re-pair. same problem.

any ideas?

Also installing the modem did not work…

tia
        dom

Do you have Roaming Profiles, or your User Profile is mapped to a Network Drive, or you are on a domain? Check here for a solution if so…

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/discussions/board/message?board.id=pcsuite&message.id=6016

…also, you might have a bluetooth stack conflict. The link above also talks about this.

Apart from that, Google is your friend! Other people have had this problem and it could be many reasons so you will be best off doing your own research πŸ™‚

http://www.google.com/search?q=Nokia+PC+Suite+"cannot+authenticate+the+phone"

Also, dont ignore ones that dont have your specific phone. The E61i, N70, even my old 6630, are all Symbian Series 60 phones and share the same architecture [with some minor differences] so don’t be so quick to discard a search result just because they have a different model Nokia πŸ™‚

Hope that helps. Peace.

Hi,

Thank you all people,

I will try it now, will report back the solution.

Cheers πŸ˜‰

Since the new version, v7.1.18.0, there is a slight difference. Just going to copy>paste what Arris said and edit it.

@Originally Arris, edited by JonusC wrote:

Here is how to install Nokia PC Suite 7.1.18.0 manually

1. Download Nokia PC Suite (I tried Nokia_PC_Suite_rel_7_1_18_0_eng_uk_web.exe)
        3. Right click at Nokia_PC_Suite_rel_7_1_18_0_eng_uk_web.exe and in the context menu choose: 7-Zip -> Extract to Nokia_PC_Suite_rel_7_1_18_0_eng_uk_web
        5. Browse to PackagesCCDSetup and install Nokia_Connectivity_Cable_Driver.msi
        6. Now browse to PackagesNokia_PC_SuiteSetup and install Nokia_PC_Suite.msi
        7. Run the Nokia PC Suite!

I use a USB / DKU-5 cable for my Nokia 6630 Smartphone, I had to restart after installing – but this might of been just because I upgraded from an old version. I can verify that USB cable works for Symbian Nokia’s in Server 2008 x86.

Thanks for the tutorial.
        I thought that I would have to install Vista instead of Server only for my new phone *phew* πŸ˜€

Glad you sorted it out πŸ™‚

I can’t connect to nokia pc suite 7 to my phone using bluetooth in server 2008 sp2 enterprise. Anybody know how?

thx in advance
        Alex

The installation for latest nokia pc suite 7 is very easy. Just download installer from nokia site (any language). When download finish right click on the setup an go in to compatibility mode. Select Windows XP Sp2 + run as administrator, click OK. Now run installation normaly and it shoud work.

Nokia E90 Communicator 100% works trough bluetooth drivers I found on your site.

Sorry for bad english

regards
        Alex

Arris

Thanks for answering your own question Alex! πŸ™‚ This way other people can also take advantage of your solution. :geek:

@Arris wrote:

Here is how to install Nokia PC Suite 7.0.8.2 (At least on Windows Server 2008 x64 Enterprise)

1. Download Nokia PC Suite (I tried Nokia_PC_Suite_rel_7_0_8_2_eng_us_web.exe)
          3. Right click at Nokia_PC_Suite_rel_7_0_8_2_eng_us_web.exe and in the contextmenu choose: 7-Zip -> Extract to Nokia_PC_Suite_rel_7_0_8_2_eng_us_web
          5. Now browse to PackagesNokia_PC_SuiteSetup and install Nokia_PC_Suite.msi
          6. Run the Nokia PC Suite!

I couldn’t test if the phone can communicate with the pc because I don’t own a Nokia phone.

Good luck! πŸ˜‰

working on server r2 πŸ™‚

just need to run the cable driver too

Thank you for the instructions Arris! I tried it out and it worked! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.