Nero 9 Trial dosent install in Windows server 2008 Enterpris

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Applications Compatibility Nero 9 Trial dosent install in Windows server 2008 Enterpris

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

product Nero

Version 9.0.9.4b

Arris

Download Nero 9, open the Properties of the installer (Nero-9.0.9.4b_trial.exe) and set the Compitability to “Windows XP (Service Pack 2)”.

Now it will install fine! 🙂

Hi,
      unfortunately it doesn’t work for me. The installation always encounters an error “unable to access shell manager”. I tried to install with a new administrator account, but didn’t work either.

Does anybody have any further ideas?

best regards

Lenny

Yep, same here.
      If i set the Compitability to “Windows XP (Service Pack 2)” i can start the installer, but at 9% i get an error.
      Anyone have an idea how to install Nero 9??

Arris

What applications do you install? I only installed Nero Express and Nero Burning Rom and it worked fine. Try to completely remove all Nero products, using the Nero CleanTool from http://www.nero.com/enu/tools-utilities.html, then try to install Nero 9 again.

OK, i tried to install Nero Vision and Recode too.
      Maybe it work if i only install Nero Burning Rom.

But my main problem is, that i get an error on startup of Burning Rom (7,8,9), that i dont have enough rights to burn. So i have to start Nero Burning Rom as Administrator.
      U have a solution for that Problem? Nero Burn Rights 8 didn’t help.

Arris

I now installed Nero including the BurnRights, but that app just doesn’t work. However this worked for me:

Change the shortcut of the application (in my case Nero Express) from

"C:Program Files (x86)NeroNero 9Nero ExpressNeroExpress.exe" -ScParameter=30003  /w

to

runas /savecred /user:Administrator ""C:Program Files (x86)NeroNero 9Nero ExpressNeroExpress.exe" -ScParameter=30003  /w"

What I did:
      * Escaped the quotes by adding a backslash in front of them.
      * Added runas /savecred /user:Administrator “ in front of the original shortcut where you can replace Administrator can be any user that has Admin rights.
      * Added a quote at the end.

Hope this solves your problem!

Arris

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.