Nero 9 Free version

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,
      I tried to install this version of Nero, but it failed with “The installation wizard failed to install Nero 9 Essentials.” error.
      Does anyone here got it working?

same here, switched back to good old nero 6

Anonymous

same here, switched back to good old nero 6

Arris

Tried it in a Virtual Machine, but couldn’t install it either. If you take a look at the Nero installation log file created in %tmp%nro.loglog you are possibly able to find some clues… The not-free Trial of Nero installed fine. Maybe it’s possible to copy the key from the Free installer and use it in the Trial installer to get the non-trial Nero Essentials Edition.

Hope this works! 🙂

Anonymous

Tried it in a Virtual Machine, but couldn’t install it either. If you take a look at the Nero installation log file created in %tmp%nro.loglog you are possibly able to find some clues… The not-free Trial of Nero installed fine. Maybe it’s possible to copy the key from the Free installer and use it in the Trial installer to get the non-trial Nero Essentials Edition.

Hope this works! 🙂

@Arris wrote:

The not-free Trial of Nero installed fine. Maybe it’s possible to copy the key from the Free installer and use it in the Trial installer to get the non-trial Nero Essentials Edition.
            Hope this works! 🙂

Well, I tried to copy the free key to trial installer. It accepted the key, but after clicking “Install”, the same error appeared… 🙁

Anonymous

@Arris wrote:

The not-free Trial of Nero installed fine. Maybe it’s possible to copy the key from the Free installer and use it in the Trial installer to get the non-trial Nero Essentials Edition.
              Hope this works! 🙂

Well, I tried to copy the free key to trial installer. It accepted the key, but after clicking “Install”, the same error appeared… 🙁

Run it with compatibility mode “Server 2003” and as admin. Then it is working.

Anonymous

Run it with compatibility mode “Server 2003” and as admin. Then it is working.

Ahh, that does not work for me servernewbie.

Checking nro.log, and it complains about system restore not being present.

Hmmm.

Anonymous

Ahh, that does not work for me servernewbie.

Checking nro.log, and it complains about system restore not being present.

Hmmm.

Are you using English or German server? I’ve installed the german version.

Anonymous

Are you using English or German server? I’ve installed the german version.

Viewing 12 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.