Multi Touch Screen Acer T230H in Windows Server 2008 R2

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Hardware Compatibility Multi Touch Screen Acer T230H in Windows Server 2008 R2

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I got a MultiTouch Screen Acer T230H with Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation in a new Dell T110 server partially working.

As some background, I also have installed:
      A cheap 512MB PCIe video card to replace the motherboard “what the heck Dell was thinking about” VGA 8MB video “adapter”.
      Sound Blaster X-FI card (the server came without audio at all)
      A Win TV 1850 card that I made partially working following instructions in other post here (see my post about BDAforserver)

Now for the Touch Screen: After activating Desktop Experience, Tablet PC Input Service, and setting the Tablet PC settings I get a ‘Single Touch Input Available” under the “View Basic Information about your Computer”. when in reality in a Windows 7 I get a 2 point Touch Input.
      The difference is that I don’t have all the convenient Flicks for V/H Scroll, rotate, and Pan. I can use the screen as a mouse (that can be painful) but that’s it.
      Does somebody succeed to get full multi touch on server 2008 R2?
      I think this can be a great feature for server racks where there is limited space to maneuver with keyboard and mouse, and just for a kick check of logs or intervention will save you time and pain. I don’t understand why Microsoft doesn’t have an easy way to activate this with multi touch screens.
      Any experiences with Multi Touch Screens on Windows Server would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Any luck with Multitouch under W2008 R2?

I am looking at the Lenovo W510 which has the option but it is not worth the money to me if I can’t use it under W2008 R2.

Thanks

Anonymous

Any luck with Multitouch under W2008 R2?

I am looking at the Lenovo W510 which has the option but it is not worth the money to me if I can’t use it under W2008 R2.

Thanks

No luck with Multitouch yet, just single touch. Al least got enough for loging in an moving around menus and logs. Also, I can poke and feed the fishes in my screensaver, but the multitouch and scrolling textures would be great to use the browser in a touchphone fashion.

Anonymous

No luck with Multitouch yet, just single touch. Al least got enough for loging in an moving around menus and logs. Also, I can poke and feed the fishes in my screensaver, but the multitouch and scrolling textures would be great to use the browser in a touchphone fashion.

Try this:
          [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsTablet PC]
          “IsTabletPC”=dword:00000ac1
          “DeviceKind”=dword:00000000

After tabtip.exe is running.

Anonymous

Try this:
            [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsTablet PC]
            “IsTabletPC”=dword:00000ac1
            “DeviceKind”=dword:00000000

After tabtip.exe is running.

Viewing 6 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.