Mozy Online Backup

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

When installing this program it complains that it’s “not intented for server use”. And I have to use the paying pro-version.
      Is there a way to fool this installation so it wil work on my Server 2008?

Greetings,

Photubias

Arris

I tried it and it happens when you run the MozyHome Remote Backup Configuration Wizard. Isn’t it possible to run this wizard on an other computer (and check the ‘Remember my password’ checkbox), export the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREmozy from the registry (start -> run -> regedit) and import it into your Windows Server 2008 computer? Probably then it’s possible to skip the wizard and let’s hope this check isn’t also added in other sections of the program.

Hope for you this works, let me hear it!

Greetings, Arris

First, it seemed to work, I had to change the name of the other (non-server) computer to the name of my own Win2008Server, then I could configure everything.
        But when he wants to perform his first backup, he exits with a ServerError2 and when I then want to reconfigure I have my error where he tells me the MozyHome license isn’t supported for Server Systems.

We should find a way to fool Mozy in telling that this PC is not a server system…

@Arris wrote:

I tried it and it happens when you run the MozyHome Remote Backup Configuration Wizard. Isn’t it possible to run this wizard on an other computer (and check the ‘Remember my password’ checkbox), export the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREmozy from the registry (start -> run -> regedit) and import it into your Windows Server 2008 computer? Probably then it’s possible to skip the wizard and let’s hope this check isn’t also added in other sections of the program.

Hope for you this works, let me hear it!

Greetings, Arris

Arris

I have tried several other things, but I really couldn’t get it working. Maybe someone else can help you or you can ask the developers of this software why you want it working in Windows Server 2008.
          Another alternative solution is to setup a Windows XP Virtual Machine with drives mapped to the folders you want to backup and configure the MozyBackup application within the XP Operating System to backup these drives. I know this is a very ugly solution but at least it is something! 😉

Well, for now I found something called Xdrive desktop. Wich seems to do approximately the same thing.
          Probably not the best solution but at least something…

Has anyone found a way to use mozyhome with 2008 server? First choice , Mozy pro is too costly

There seems to be some other alternative systems, but I require
          Backup of open files inclusing Outlook PST without close of outlook
          Local external hard drive backup

I would consider a system that backs up to a friend if it met Mozy’ other features

Thanks
          DocOc

Viewing 5 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.