MICROSOFT SERVER CONVERTER R2

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Miscellaneous MICROSOFT SERVER CONVERTER R2

Viewing 101 reply threads
  • Author

MICROSOFT SERVER CONVERTER R2 – V.1

by The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE DOWNLOADING !

Since Windows Server 2012 was signed off RTM, we decided to separate the tools and make one for each Windows version :

MSCR2 -> Windows Server 2008 R2

MSC2012 -> Windows Server 2012.

The major problem was that most of fixes, tweaks and packs were for R2 and users were trying to install Bluetooth pack on Windows Server 2012…..

Therefor we fixed a specific standalone tool only for Server 2012 that I am currently testing.

We will post as soon as testing is completed.

We also removed all update function as for the moment MSCR2 is discontinued, since we are working on MSC2012.

We fixed a new Standalone Installer (with latest updates that you would initially download), link is at the end of this post.

Therefor Update Function and Online Installer are disabled from now on.

For the moment it’s the best way to avoid issues.

What does this tool do ?

This tool was made to ease Microsoft Server 2008 R2 Workstation conversion tasks.

What’s new ?

1/ We removed Server 2012 part

2/ We have a new fully Standalone Installer

3/ We removed update and online install channel.

There is “how-to” with it and pictures too.

Download directly from our own Onedrive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlP8qLrG9PBabOuKtGE66bvYCNw
      Just click on the link, or enter the URL above in your browser, and the download should start automatically.
      Note: it might take a few seconds (10-20) before it starts, just be patient …

I have personally double-checked all the files in the archive (RAR) with Virustotal today (2016-11-22)
      And it is CLEAN !
      /hackerman1

An important reminder :

R2Conv3/MSC tries to make things easier for the user by offering lots of fixes, packs and automation of modifications.

It’s no surprise that the registry needs to be β€œupdated” sooner or later in order to install certain packs.

The end-user shall think before applying something as there is no simple undo in most cases.

Regards,

The 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Anonymous

Hmm funny how I’m finally starting to check everything out even thou I know most of the people who made it just haven’t met Ascii yet πŸ˜‰ . Just for a little fun I’ll probably install Server 2008 R2 just to try this out in a Virtual Environment however I am considering using Win 7 enterprise since the machine will be mostly gaming as well as other stuff. I know somewhat sad but when ya got two graphics cards well…

I’ll take a peak at this since I have a copy of Server 2008 R2 SP1 lying around here somewhere which I’ll put in Vmware you never know it may work itself over to the main OS.

Congrats to the Apoc team from The Dark

You never know I might actually start sharing again…

Hi Dark,

Nice that you hang out here.

The place is good and lots of interesting members.

What’s good on here is that there lots to do and to learn and for Devs like you, a new approach of your skills in trying to make some legal work once in a while….. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Browse around, there are some interesting projects such as porting Media Center from W7 to R2….. maybe you could take a look at that ? What you think ?

In anyway The Horsemen are happy to see you on here. πŸ˜‰

Regards,

N πŸ™‚

Anonymous

I’ll try to make it legal for now I’ll have to put up with a virtual machine (of R2) with a bunch of apps on it some of which may or may not be legal. I really don’t have a stable machine at this point since I honestly won’t have one until after August 23rd (thats when I get a laptop back) then its onto rebuilding my main pc.

I’m going to be learning some new stuff this semester in school anyway for now I’ll at least say that I’m willing to chat now. Now I’ll go have a look around…

I can’t really say I’m going to get out of activation stuff man just too much fun πŸ˜€

Wow, absolutely stunning work, ExpertUser (and other devs who did work on the converter)!
          p.s. I see you use a “RAR” format for the archives. Is it legal to bundle the UnRAR app along with the converter? I’m asking because I don’t know anything about the WinRAR license. πŸ™‚

@AsciiWolf wrote:

Wow, absolutely stunning work, ExpertUser (and other devs who did work on the converter)!
          p.s. I see you use a “RAR” format for the archives. Is it legal to bundle the UnRAR app along with the converter? I’m asking because I don’t know anything about the WinRAR license. πŸ™‚

TY Ascii for those nice lines. All credits go to all of you on here, especially yourself, since you were the initiator of all this. πŸ˜‰

In what refers to the WinRAR licence, we use the unrar.exe for Windows, command line tool which is a freeware, so no worries.

Regards,

The Horsemen πŸ™‚

Ty ExpertUser for the quick answer. πŸ™‚
          I also have a few suggestions about what to integrate in the new converter.
          http://www.win2008r2workstation.com/win2008r2/240-days-evaluation
          http://www.win2008r2workstation.com/win2008r2/registered-owner-and-organization
          This two features were available in the old (non-R2) converter but are missing in the new (your) converter. It would be great to integrate them! πŸ˜‰

@AsciiWolf wrote:

This two features were available in the old (non-R2) converter but are missing in the new (your) converter. It would be great to integrate them! πŸ˜‰

Excellent suggestion.

We will get that fixed for the update.

TY Ascii.

Regards,

N πŸ™‚

Wow, what a quick reply! Thank you, ExpertUser! πŸ™‚
          p.s. This is also a good thing to integrate too, because a lot of apps (games, copy protections, etc) don’t work correctly with the DEP enabled.

First: A very very good application.
          Now a little feature request: Edition branding modification (i.E. a Foundation says optically that it is an Enterprise), perhaps also an own “Workstation” branding …

Would be very nice …

@McStarfighter wrote:

First: A very very good application.
          Now a little feature request: Edition branding modification (i.E. a Foundation says optically that it is an Enterprise), perhaps also an own “Workstation” branding …

Would be very nice …

Edition Branding ? πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

For that you just need to mod basebrd.dll.mui file and you can just write what you want in it.

The problem with adding such features is that you need to add scripts to stop explorer.exe and maybe SPP for some system files just to mod them.

It can be done, I can see with The Horsemen.

Regards,

N πŸ™‚

Anonymous

Ok stopping the spp is the easy part but with no explorer.exe you got nothing at all as it kills the entire GUI (linux anyone). Perhaps OEM branding it would make this a little easier to do as you don’t have to have it completely branded in its own right.

Just a suggestion thats easier to do.

Very Nice Tools, Thanks for Sharing πŸ˜‰

@Sliden wrote:

Very Nice Tools, Thanks for Sharing πŸ˜‰

TY.

We are getting the update function on his way very soon. We are fixing the technical details for it to allow updating.

I’ll post when done.

Regards,

The Horsemen

@AsciiWolf wrote:

Hi Ascii,

Tool updated with your requests.

We are currently testing the version with update functionality in it.

It’s proceeding well and we will post it soon.

Regards,

The Horsemen

Thanks ExpertUser!

I have another suggestion – Network discovery feature.
            It’s a good thing to have when you have more than one computer in your network.
            It’s disabled in Windows Server 2008 R2. To enable it, all you need to do is to enable these services to run at system boot:

DNS Client, Function Discovery Resource Publication, SSDP Discovery, UPnP Device Host, Computer Browser Service
            Source: http://serverfault.com/questions/69296/cannot-enable-network-discovery-on-windows-server-2008-r2

Feel free to implement it in your converter! πŸ˜‰

Greetz,
            AsciiWolf

Awesome program, apart from the uxtheme patcher. Doesnt seem to work for me.
            Fails with an error message.

Gathered OS Info: Server, 6.1, amd64.
            Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)R2 Workstation Converterr2convr2conv.xml.
            Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)R2 Workstation Converterr2convfeaturesfeatures.xml.
            Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)R2 Workstation Converterr2convservicesservices.xml.
            Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)R2 Workstation Converterr2convfixesfixes.xml.
            Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)R2 Workstation Converterr2convtweakstweaks.xml.
            Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)R2 Workstation Converterr2convpackspacks.xml.
            Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)R2 Workstation Converterr2convmiscmisc.xml.
            Applying action Install on DomainItem 901367E3-C84C-412B-8BFC-26A48D685699.
            R2ConvGUI.R2Conv+R2ConvException: Failed Dependency check!
            at R2ConvGUI.R2Conv.RaiseException(String Message)
            at R2ConvGUI.R2Conv.R2Item.Install()
            at R2ConvGUI.R2Conv.R2Category.FetchGuiState()

@rainwulf wrote:

Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)R2 Workstation Converterr2convr2conv.xml.
            Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)R2 Workstation Converterr2convfeaturesfeatures.xml.
            Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)R2 Workstation Converterr2convservicesservices.xml.
            Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)R2 Workstation Converterr2convfixesfixes.xml.
            Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)R2 Workstation Converterr2convtweakstweaks.xml.
            Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)R2 Workstation Converterr2convpackspacks.xml.
            Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)R2 Workstation Converterr2convmiscmisc.xml.

R2ConvGUI.R2Conv+R2ConvException: Failed Dependency check! -> this means that either you have not Desktop Experience installed and/or Theme Service is not started.

N πŸ™‚

@AsciiWolf wrote:

Thanks ExpertUser!

It’s disabled in Windows Server 2008 R2. To enable it, all you need to do is to enable these services to run at system boot:

DNS Client, Function Discovery Resource Publication, SSDP Discovery, UPnP Device Host, Computer Browser Service
            Source: http://serverfault.com/questions/69296/cannot-enable-network-discovery-on-windows-server-2008-r2

Greetz,
            AsciiWolf

Am currently very busy at work, we shall implement this with the new update version that will allow you to update the tool online.

We’ll post soon.

Regards,

N πŸ™‚

@ExpertUser wrote:

@rainwulf wrote:

R2ConvGUI.R2Conv+R2ConvException: Failed Dependency check! -> this means that either you have not Desktop Experience installed and/or Theme Service is not started.

N πŸ™‚

Well that makes no sense at all, as both the desktop experience is installed (windows defender is in control panel) and theme service is started (aero is working), thats how im running aero in the first place, and thats why i want to use the converter to get custom themes.

I tried it on a different machine and the same thing happened, so im thinking it maybe something _I_ do differently.
            For example, i have a hacked set of shell32.dll, imageres.dll, and shellstyle.dll that i insert into my installations, to do things like remove the “folderband” and remove the “UAC” icon beside any admin level functions.
            Its very annoying as a professional user to have this little shield next to every admin level command/program, so i hacked it out.

Would the converter have a reliance on one of those dll files?

@rainwulf wrote:

@ExpertUser wrote:

@rainwulf wrote:

N πŸ™‚

Well that makes no sense at all, as both the desktop experience is installed (windows defender is in control panel) and theme service is started (aero is working), thats how im running aero in the first place, and thats why i want to use the converter to get custom themes.

I tried it on a different machine and the same thing happened, so im thinking it maybe something _I_ do differently.
            For example, i have a hacked set of shell32.dll, imageres.dll, and shellstyle.dll that i insert into my installations, to do things like remove the “folderband” and remove the “UAC” icon beside any admin level functions.
            Its very annoying as a professional user to have this little shield next to every admin level command/program, so i hacked it out.

Would the converter have a reliance on one of those dll files?

The fact to have modded dll has nothing to do with it at all. There must be a problem somewhere else. The odd thing is you are the FIRST user to report this error back.

I’ll spin a R2 VM over the weekend and check this out.

I’ll post when done.

N πŸ™‚

I tested all flavors of R2 except HPC version that has no Desktop Experience and there is no way I can reproduce you error unless I do it deliberately.

So I really have no idea !!! πŸ™„ πŸ™„

Keep me updated please on the matter.

N πŸ™‚

Ok thats very strange!
            I will throw a VM up and go from there, and do all the normal things i do to it and see if i can find the point at which it fails.

I really want my custom themes, none of the available uxtheme patchers work.

@AsciiWolf wrote:

Thanks ExpertUser!

Greetz,
            AsciiWolf

Done !

1st post updated !

Regards,

N πŸ™‚

@ExpertUser wrote:

@AsciiWolf wrote:

Thanks ExpertUser!

………………..
            Greetz,
            AsciiWolf

Done !
            1st post updated !
            Regards,
            N πŸ™‚

ExpertUser, thank you for this excellent application!

Hi there,

first: thanks for that useful program ExpertUser!

Getting an error for superfetch – service could not be stared. I’ll try to translate to english:

Error 1083: in the executive program where the services is started is the services not integrated

Edit:

The stuff in the R2 Converter 2 runs fine ( Prefetch dir getting filled with files )

@Remiel wrote:

Hi there,

first: thanks for that useful program ExpertUser!

Getting an error for superfetch – service could not be stared. I’ll try to translate to english:

Error 1083: in the executive program where the services is started is the services not integrated

Edit:

The stuff in the R2 Converter 2 runs fine ( Prefetch dir getting filled with files )

Am checking the matter out.

Will post with results.

N πŸ™‚

you’re welcome, let me know if you need more informations

Hi, I’Ve got a problem when trying to run R2 Workstation Converter. I get the following error:

Any ideas?

@vardens wrote:

Hi, I’Ve got a problem when trying to run R2 Workstation Converter. I get the following error:

Any ideas?

The binaries for .NET Framework may not be installed. Did you install the .NET Framework feature from Server Manager?

Start > Administrative Tools > Server Manager > Features > “Add Features” > .NET Framework 3.5

Also check to see if ASP.NET is installed.

In Server Manager, click on Roles then scroll down to Role Services underneath Web Services and click Add Role Services.

If it is already installed you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the service to see if that resolves any permissions issues.

That error above is odd !

I just tested the tool again from a regular R2 and do not get such error. Also R2Conv3 does not need .Net to run ! Why would we issue a tool that has feature to install .Net on R2 as halladayrules explains if it requires .Net to work !?!?!?

In anyway, there is a new update for R2Conv3 available with SPP pack for SysWOW64, Sys Restore fixes and WMP plugin for FF (TY for the fixes halladayrules :))

Regards,

N πŸ™‚

1st post updated.

N πŸ™‚

Awesome!!! :mrgreen:

Arris

Wow, the new Microsoft Server Converter is really a great tool! :geek:

Nice to have a light-weight tool now which downloads only the necessary files, and also always the latest versions of these files.

Keep up the good work, ExpertUser & Horsemen team! πŸ™‚

I’m currently stuck (or stupid — haven’t decided which yet).

• Installed MSC_OnlineInstaller.exe.
              • Ran “Update Microsoft Server Converter”

Then got to this screen/state:

But after I click “Ok”, it just sits there. Also after I click “Exit Update Utility” it just quits. When I run “R2ConvGUI.exe” it says “Microsoft Server Converter initialization has failed.”

I never get to:

(Also, R2ConvGUI.exe gave a different error (e.g. missing R2Conv_2012xxxxx.log) before I created the Program Files (x86)Microsoft Server Converterr2convlogs folder.)

So, what am I missing? πŸ˜•

Good question.

On whatever R2 platform (FOUND, STD, ENT, DATA or WEB) I test, I am not able to get that error…. ?!?

It seems install is not complete if you had to create folder for logs.

Uninstall it please fully, remove even folder if still there, get this version and install it and don’t run it please :

http://www.mediafire.com/?5p34yfuqxat7y7f

Then copy files to appropriate folder from this pack do not update it yet :

http://www.mediafire.com/?p99djhuhk9p29m3

Then get UpdateUtilPatch.zip from 1st post and copy files to C:Program Files (x86)R2 Workstation Converter.

Run update, run R2Conv3 and see what happens.

As I said I am not able to reproduce your error and no one has reported such bug yet.

Also should the error appear again, do not use my screenshots but yours with errors please. It’s like sending to the doctor your dog when you are ill……

Keep us informed please.

N πŸ™‚

True, except your screenshots are exactly the same as mine. (Minus the one that didn’t show up.)

I’ll give it a shot, let you know in a few hours (when I get it done).

OK.

Also, no need to remind you that you need to be admin to install and run app.

It will not work if you are Standard User…..

N πŸ™‚

@ExpertUser wrote:

OK.

Also, no need to remind you that you need to be admin to install and run app.

It will not work if you are Standard User…..

N πŸ™‚

You mean login as “admin” or just “run as admin”is enough?
              Thank you

Well it’s better to install under Administrator user and run it all from there.

If other user it must be admin and not standard user.

N;-)

So, just to keep people posted.

It’s working now (I think — after following ExpertUser’s latest instructions) but I ran into other problems (like not really understanding what it does). So I’ll have to start from scratch to play w/ it but I wanted to dump some information out in case it’s useful to anyone.

1) Original install files (MSC_OnlineInstaller.exe, UpdateUtilPatch.zip).

This seemed to “install” okay, but I think the paths might be wrong. After installation (before update):

Files:
              /c$/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Server Converter
              $ find .
              ./evcall.cmd
              ./instmui.cmd
              ./Ionic.Zip.dll
              ./muilist.vbs
              ./R2Update.exe
              ./r2update.txt
              ./uninst.exe
              ./unrar64.exe
              ./unrar86.exe
              ./version.txt

After dropping the updated R2Update.exe from the patch into the directory and running the update.

Files:
              /c$/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Server Converter
              $ find .
              ./evcall.cmd
              ./instmui.cmd
              ./Ionic.Zip.dll
              ./muilist.vbs
              ./r2conv
              ./r2conv/features
              ./r2conv/features/features.xml.add
              ./r2conv/features/features.xml.rm
              ./r2conv/features/inst.cmd
              ./r2conv/fixes
              ./r2conv/fixes/exe
              ./r2conv/fixes/exe/ffplugin.inf
              ./r2conv/fixes/exe/ffplugin.msi
              ./r2conv/fixes/fixes.xml.add
              ./r2conv/fixes/inst.cmd
              ./r2conv/fixes/rar
              ./r2conv/fixes/rar/ffplugin.rar
              ./r2conv/fixes/rar/spp.rar
              ./r2conv/fixes/reg
              ./r2conv/fixes/reg/sr_task.xml
              ./r2conv/fixes/reg/sr_wmi.reg
              ./r2conv/services
              ./r2conv/services/inst.cmd
              ./r2conv/services/services.xml.add
              ./R2ConvGUI.exe
              ./R2Update.exe
              ./R2Update.exe.bak
              ./r2update.txt
              ./uninst.exe
              ./unrar64.exe
              ./unrar86.exe
              ./version.txt

However, if you look in the cache, 1.zip (which is being downloaded) certainly looks like it has all the files (r2conv directory).

Okay, so scrap that, uninstall, follow ExpertUser’s instructions.

And it installs into a default directory called “R2 Workstation Converter” (I think).

So hypothesis?

The updated, updater is trying to unzip 1.zip (and other downloaded files) into “C:Program Files (x86)R2 Workstation Converter” instead of “Microsoft Server Converter”.

(Also not sure about the R2 path, working from memory there since I’ve blown away my installation already…)

Anyhow, hopefully that helps. =)

Hi !

Thank you for the feedback but what you posted has nothing to do with your case and may cause users confusion, which is not good.

In fact it’s normal that according to which installer you use you get a different folder, but application works for both.

I repeat once again, I tested both ways and it’s fully working.

Regards,

N πŸ™‚

Okay, so the 2nd set of instructions worked. Yay.

It also helped that I followed the tutorial in the tool — although the screenshots should be updated.

However, I do have a question. I selected some things such as Add “Mouse” to Computer and Add “Device Manager” to Computer which I can’t seem to undo. Unselecting it and doing an “Apply” doesn’t seem to do anything.

Any clues?

Thanks!

@tofugrunt wrote:

Okay, so the 2nd set of instructions worked. Yay.

It also helped that I followed the tutorial in the tool — although the screenshots should be updated.

However, I do have a question. I selected some things such as Add “Mouse” to Computer and Add “Device Manager” to Computer which I can’t seem to undo. Unselecting it and doing an “Apply” doesn’t seem to do anything.

Any clues?

Thanks!

Hi,

Is there anything that you like ? I am starting to wonder………

Since the removal registry fixes don’t work, if you wish to remove shortcuts just search registry with added strings and delete them.

I am going to be cooperative, here is where you need to search :

;Add "Device Manager" to the right click menu of "Computer"
              [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesCLSID{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}shellDevice Manager]
              @="Device Manager"
              [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesCLSID{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}shellDevice Managercommand]
              @=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,
              00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,6d,00,6d,00,
              63,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,20,00,2f,00,73,00,20,00,25,00,53,00,79,00,73,
              00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,00,5c,00,73,00,79,00,73,00,
              74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,64,00,65,00,76,00,6d,00,67,00,6d,00,74,
              00,2e,00,6d,00,73,00,63,00,00,00
              ;Add "Mouse" to the right click menu of "Computer"
              [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerMyComputerNameSpace{6C8EEC18-8D75-41B2-A177-8831D59D2D50}]

The pics were updated when you install MCS but not when you already have R2Conv3 installed and just upgrade it. What a shame…………………..

In fact basic steps to run tool properly are identical only application name changes on pics and some options were added but nothing crucial.

N

Thanks.

I broke this topic off into another thread since we’re going down this other rabbit hole now.

Cheers!

Hello,

I’ve found a small bug in your converter’s Games Explorer pack.

pushd "%r2_s32%wbem"
              "%r2_s32%mofcomp.exe" "WgxInstalledGame.mof">nul
              popd

pushd "%r2_s32%wbemen-US"
              "%r2_s32%wbemmofcomp.exe" "WgxInstalledGame.mfl">nul
              popd

pushd "%r2_s64%wbem"
              "%r2_s64%wbemmofcomp.exe" "WgxInstalledGame.mof">nul
              popd

pushd "%r2_s64%wbemen-US"
              "%r2_s64%wbemen-USmofcomp.exe" "WgxInstalledGame.mfl">nul
              popd

The problem is, there’s no mofcomp.exe in System32 or System32wbemen-US dirs (at least on my Win 2008 R2 clean install), only in System32wbem.

So I think, this is how the install script should look like:

pushd "%r2_s32%wbem"
              "%r2_s32%wbemmofcomp.exe" "WgxInstalledGame.mof">nul
              popd

pushd "%r2_s32%wbemen-US"
              "%r2_s32%wbemmofcomp.exe" "WgxInstalledGame.mfl">nul
              popd

pushd "%r2_s64%wbem"
              "%r2_s64%wbemmofcomp.exe" "WgxInstalledGame.mof">nul
              popd

pushd "%r2_s64%wbemen-US"
              "%r2_s64%wbemmofcomp.exe" "WgxInstalledGame.mfl">nul
              popd

Anyways, *great* work, guys!

Hi Ascii,

TY for posting this. We will check the local packs about what you mentioned.

I am most certain that we may made a mistake on this.

I’ll keep you updated.

N πŸ˜‰

Thanks, ExpertUser!

I’m also getting a weird error while trying to install the BDA stack.

Applying action Install on DomainItem AA43FB16-CAC7-4159-B306-70B1EFFE61DD.
              v R2ConvGUI.R2Conv.RaiseException(String Message)
              v R2ConvGUI.R2Conv.R2Item.Install()
              v R2ConvGUI.R2Conv.R2Category.FetchGuiState()

btw. Could you please include this tweak in your converter?

@AsciiWolf wrote:

Thanks, ExpertUser!

I’m also getting a weird error while trying to install the BDA stack.

Applying action Install on DomainItem AA43FB16-CAC7-4159-B306-70B1EFFE61DD.
              v R2ConvGUI.R2Conv.RaiseException(String Message)
              v R2ConvGUI.R2Conv.R2Item.Install()
              v R2ConvGUI.R2Conv.R2Category.FetchGuiState()

btw. Could you please include this tweak in your converter?

Ok.

I will take a look at it later and see what is wrong there. I am certain it has to do with Desktop Experience.

I’ll also see to add what you requested.

TY Ascii.

N πŸ™‚

@ExpertUser wrote:

I will take a look at it later and see what is wrong there. I am certain it has to do with Desktop Experience.

Thanks!
              I have the Desktop Experience feature installed and fully enabled.
              I think it could have something to do with codecs (mpeg enc? didn’t install it yet…).

What’s the difference between “Install Aero Mouse Pointers” in Windows Tweaks and “Enable Aero Mouse Pointers” in R2Conv3 Packs? According to the inst.cmd, it’s the same…

Could you please add the tweak attached below into your converter?
              It sets the Aero cursors theme as Default so it’s used in the logon screen, automatically enabled for new users (it’s probably possible to do this with the aero desktop theme as well, not only the cursor themes; but I didn’t try to found out how yet…), etc…
              It’s probably not a good idea to include it in the installer, I think you could add it as a Tweak named “Set the Aero Mouse Pointers as Default”, or something like that…

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS.DEFAULTControl PanelCursors]
              @="@main.cpl,-1020"
              "NWPen"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,
              00,25,00,5c,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,73,00,6f,00,72,00,73,00,5c,00,61,00,65,00,
              72,00,6f,00,5f,00,70,00,65,00,6e,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,00,00
              "SizeAll"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,
              74,00,25,00,5c,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,73,00,6f,00,72,00,73,00,5c,00,61,00,65,
              00,72,00,6f,00,5f,00,6d,00,6f,00,76,00,65,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,00,00
              "Hand"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,
              72,00,6f,00,5f,00,6c,00,69,00,6e,00,6b,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,00,00
              "Help"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,
              72,00,6f,00,5f,00,68,00,65,00,6c,00,70,00,73,00,65,00,6c,00,2e,00,63,00,75,
              "Crosshair"=hex(2):00,00
              "SizeNWSE"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,
              00,72,00,6f,00,5f,00,6e,00,77,00,73,00,65,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,00,00
              "SizeNS"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,
              72,00,6f,00,5f,00,6e,00,73,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,00,00
              "UpArrow"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,
              00,72,00,6f,00,5f,00,75,00,70,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,00,00
              "SizeWE"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,
              72,00,6f,00,5f,00,65,00,77,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,00,00
              "Arrow"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,
              72,00,6f,00,5f,00,61,00,72,00,72,00,6f,00,77,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,00,
              "Wait"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,
              72,00,6f,00,5f,00,62,00,75,00,73,00,79,00,2e,00,61,00,6e,00,69,00,00,00
              "Scheme Source"=dword:00000002
              "AppStarting"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,
              00,74,00,25,00,5c,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,73,00,6f,00,72,00,73,00,5c,00,61,00,
              65,00,72,00,6f,00,5f,00,77,00,6f,00,72,00,6b,00,69,00,6e,00,67,00,2e,00,61,
              00,6e,00,69,00,00,00
              "IBeam"=hex(2):00,00
              "SizeNESW"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,
              00,72,00,6f,00,5f,00,6e,00,65,00,73,00,77,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,00,00
              "No"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,
              25,00,5c,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,73,00,6f,00,72,00,73,00,5c,00,61,00,65,00,72,
              00,6f,00,5f,00,75,00,6e,00,61,00,76,00,61,00,69,00,6c,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,

@AsciiWolf wrote:

@ExpertUser wrote:

Thanks!
              I have the Desktop Experience feature installed and fully enabled.
              I think it could have something to do with codecs (mpeg enc? didn’t install it yet…).

I know where the issues is.

When we made R2Conv3 we supposed that people would have a non converted R2 and therefor use Features Tab to enable Desktop Experience.

Since some tweaks require Desktop Experience to be previously installed they will not run without it and install blocks with dependency error.

In your case Ascii you tried to apply BDA that needs Desktop Experience but since it was not applied from tool, BDA says NO GO.

In simple words, if you run R2Conv3/MSC on a R2 Edition that has Desktop Experience already installed, in order to add some tweaks you’ll need to apply in Features Tab Desktop Experience too although it’s already installed. This will tell the tool that it has been applied and tweaks such as codecs or BDA will install since dependency is fulfilled.

I hope every body understands what I mean.

N πŸ˜‰

@AsciiWolf wrote:

What’s the difference between “Install Aero Mouse Pointers” in Windows Tweaks and “Enable Aero Mouse Pointers” in R2Conv3 Packs? According to the inst.cmd, it’s the same…

Could you please add the tweak attached below into your converter?
              It sets the Aero cursors theme as Default so it’s used in the logon screen, automatically enabled for new users (it’s probably possible to do this with the aero desktop theme as well, not only the cursor themes; but I didn’t try to found out how yet…), etc…
              It’s probably not a good idea to include it in the installer, I think you could add it as a Tweak named “Set the Aero Mouse Pointers as Default”, or something like that…

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS.DEFAULTControl PanelCursors]
              @="@main.cpl,-1020"
              "NWPen"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,
              72,00,6f,00,5f,00,70,00,65,00,6e,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,00,00
              "SizeAll"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,
              00,72,00,6f,00,5f,00,6d,00,6f,00,76,00,65,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,00,00
              "Hand"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,
              72,00,6f,00,5f,00,6c,00,69,00,6e,00,6b,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,00,00
              "Help"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,
              72,00,6f,00,5f,00,68,00,65,00,6c,00,70,00,73,00,65,00,6c,00,2e,00,63,00,75,
              "Crosshair"=hex(2):00,00
              "SizeNWSE"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,
              00,72,00,6f,00,5f,00,6e,00,77,00,73,00,65,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,00,00
              "SizeNS"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,
              72,00,6f,00,5f,00,6e,00,73,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,00,00
              "UpArrow"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,
              00,72,00,6f,00,5f,00,75,00,70,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,00,00
              "SizeWE"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,
              72,00,6f,00,5f,00,65,00,77,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,00,00
              "Arrow"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,
              72,00,6f,00,5f,00,61,00,72,00,72,00,6f,00,77,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,00,
              "Wait"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,
              72,00,6f,00,5f,00,62,00,75,00,73,00,79,00,2e,00,61,00,6e,00,69,00,00,00
              "Scheme Source"=dword:00000002
              "AppStarting"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,
              00,74,00,25,00,5c,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,73,00,6f,00,72,00,73,00,5c,00,61,00,
              65,00,72,00,6f,00,5f,00,77,00,6f,00,72,00,6b,00,69,00,6e,00,67,00,2e,00,61,
              00,6e,00,69,00,00,00
              "IBeam"=hex(2):00,00
              "SizeNESW"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,
              00,72,00,6f,00,5f,00,6e,00,65,00,73,00,77,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,00,00
              "No"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,
              25,00,5c,00,63,00,75,00,72,00,73,00,6f,00,72,00,73,00,5c,00,61,00,65,00,72,
              00,6f,00,5f,00,75,00,6e,00,61,00,76,00,61,00,69,00,6c,00,2e,00,63,00,75,00,

That issue was already fixed on your request some time ago.

The one in W7PacksR2 add Aero Cursors and will work only if an Aero Theme is applied.

The other one, where we need to correct a GUID error, enables Aero Cursors like on logon page in Windows Classic Theme.

N πŸ™‚

Oh. πŸ™‚
              Thanks, ExpertUser!

btw. There’s another issue, I’ve found.
              The “Disable password complexity requirement” fix isn’t working.
              The “Password must meet complexity requirements” is still set as “Enabled” in gpedit.msc and if I try to create a new user account, it won’t allow me because “my password is too simple”. πŸ™‚

@ExpertUser wrote:

That issue was already fixed on your request some time ago.

The one in W7PacksR2 add Aero Cursors and will work only if an Aero Theme is applied.

The other one, where we need to correct a GUID error, enables Aero Cursors like on logon page in Windows Classic Theme.

N πŸ™‚

Well, then, it’s not fixed correctly. ^.^
              Your reg file enables the Aero cursors for the current user only (HKEY_CURRENT_USER), not globally (HKEY_USERS.DEFAULT). πŸ˜‰

@AsciiWolf wrote:

Oh. πŸ™‚
              Thanks, ExpertUser!

btw. There’s another issue, I’ve found.
              The “Disable password complexity requirement” fix isn’t working.
              The “Password must meet complexity requirements” is still set as “Enabled” in gpedit.msc and if I try to create a new user account, it won’t allow me because “my password is too simple”. πŸ™‚

LOL.

That one only works once you rebooted. It will not work immediately. Sorry about that.

I will see to get Aero Cursors issue too corrected as we need to the GUID of it as XML file calls the wrong command line in CMD.

TY Ascii.

N πŸ™‚

Thanks!

The “Removable Storage Access” fix doesn’t work too. πŸ™
              (Same issue as with the “Disable password complexity requirement” fix.)

@AsciiWolf wrote:

Thanks!

The “Removable Storage Access” fix doesn’t work too. πŸ™
              (Same issue as with the “Disable password complexity requirement” fix.)

TY.

I can’t remember who made that Removable Storage Access registry file.

I need to check in my folders.

N πŸ™‚

Hi,

We fixed a update to correct some issues that some members and developers noticed in the tool.

Changelog 20120515

* Fixed Aero Cursors for all users in Windows Classic Theme (Ascii for reg file and Tofugrunt for GUID)

* Corrected GUID for Show Hidden Files / Hidden Extensions (Tofugrunt)

* Corrected GUID for Disable User Account Control File Virtualization Driver (myself)

* Fixed Help and Tutorial for those who have R2Conv3 installed and apllied update (Tofugrunt)

Tested and working, so nothing changed !!!

* Disable password complexity requirement (our work…. LOL)

I tested and it does work also on newly created accounts, only it needs to be applied alone and a reboot is required.

Not applied

Applied

Fixed in MCS

Still to be checked (Ascii)

* Removable Storage Access (I need to remember who gave registry file)

* Games Explorer -> will take a bit of time since we have ot check packs

An important reminder :

R2Conv3/MSC tries to make things easier for the user by offering lots of fixes, packs and automation of modifications.

It’s no surprise that the registry needs to be β€œupdated” sooner or later in order to install certain packs.

The end-user shall think before applying something as there is no simple undo in most cases.

Regards,

N πŸ™‚

Thanks ExpertUser for the updates! =)

Hi,

I have just istalled this utility but it curentlly doesn’t work because it seems that it can not conntact the update server.

I have this address “ns398321.ovh.net” in r2update.txt file. Do you have some tehnical dificulties or you have changed update server address ?

P.S. Thank you for all the hard work you are doing.

@Najtssob wrote:

Hi,

I have just istalled this utility but it curentlly doesn’t work because it seems that it can not conntact the update server.

I have this address “ns398321.ovh.net” in r2update.txt file. Do you have some tehnical dificulties or you have changed update server address ?

P.S. Thank you for all the hard work you are doing.

Yes we do.

Server is offline for a physical repair.

So you may try in the next days please.

I am sorry about that.

N πŸ™‚

Hey ExpertUser,

The last time I was using R2Conv, it seemed like the System Restore (and SPP.dll for SysWOW64) fixes/patches has disappeared. Was that not working anymore and taken out? Or was there another reason?

As far as the system restore thread goes (viewtopic.php?p=6744#p6744), there doesn’t seem to have been any updates saying that it doesn’t work anymore…

@tofugrunt wrote:

Hey ExpertUser,

The last time I was using R2Conv, it seemed like the System Restore (and SPP.dll for SysWOW64) fixes/patches has disappeared. Was that not working anymore and taken out? Or was there another reason?

As far as the system restore thread goes (viewtopic.php?p=6744#p6744), there doesn’t seem to have been any updates saying that it doesn’t work anymore…

I fixed it back.

Just update tool again.

I hope I can enjoy my holiday now…….

N πŸ™‚

Hey ExpertUser, you can always enjoy your holiday. Just because there are ungrateful users of your tool (like me) doesn’t mean you have to pander to our requests immediately. =)

@ExpertUser wrote:

I fixed it back.

Just update tool again.

I hope I can enjoy my holiday now…….

N πŸ™‚

I just tried doing an update and got a “530 Not Logged In”. Perhaps a permissions problem?

(Fix after your holiday. =))

btw. Just a note.
              The “Reliability Monitor” is not working correctly after enabling it using your (my) fix.
              To get it fully working, you must apply the fix and then start the “RAC” task manually for one time using a system scheduler. πŸ˜‰

@AsciiWolf wrote:

btw. Just a note.
              The “Reliability Monitor” is not working correctly after enabling it using your (my) fix.
              To get it fully working, you must apply the fix and then start the “RAC” task manually for one time using a system scheduler. πŸ˜‰

TY for the info Ascii.

N πŸ™‚

hi can anyone tell me why this could happen?

it happens once out of 3-4 clean installs. i just cant get it installed anymore, and when i do the installation over again, it installs without a problem.

this is the only option that doesnt get installed. weird.

i see that the files are actually in the directories system32 and syswow, so its a false error?

can anyone help me
              i need the offline installer please

1st post updated.

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE DOWNLOADING !

Since Windows Server 2012 was signed off RTM, we decided to separate the tools and make one for each Windows version :

MSCR2 -> Windows Server 2008 R2

MSC2012 -> Windows Server 2012.

The major problem was that most of fixes, tweaks and packs were for R2 and users were trying to install Bluetooth pack on Windows Server 2012……

Therefor we fixed a specific standalone tool only for Server 2012 that I am currently testing.

We will post as soon as testing is completed.

We also removed all update function as for the moment MSCR2 is discontinued, since we are working on MSC2012.

We fixed a new Standalone Installer (with latest updates that you would initially download), link is at the end of this post.

Therefor Update Function and Online Installer are disabled from now on.

For the moment it’s the best way to avoid issues.

I wanted to install boot optimization so I had to enable superfetch first. Problem is that when I try to it gives an error, “failed to install” or something like this. Including errorlog:

Loading XML document D:Program Files (x86)MSCR2r2convr2conv.xml.
              Loading XML document D:Program Files (x86)MSCR2r2convfeaturesfeatures.xml.
              Loading XML document D:Program Files (x86)MSCR2r2convservicesservices.xml.
              Loading XML document D:Program Files (x86)MSCR2r2convfixesfixes.xml.
              Loading XML document D:Program Files (x86)MSCR2r2convtweakstweaks.xml.
              Loading XML document D:Program Files (x86)MSCR2r2convpackspacks.xml.
              Loading XML document D:Program Files (x86)MSCR2r2convmiscmisc.xml.
              Applying action Install on DomainItem DCF3932E-B079-439D-87D9-8CF59B6D4921.
              Calling D:Program Files (x86)MSCR2r2convpacks\inst.cmd with argument “DCF3932E-B079-439D-87D9-8CF59B6D4921”.
              UNRAR 3.93 freeware Copyright (c) 1993-2010 Alexander Roshal
              Extracting from sft_mainsft_main.rar
              Extracting C:WindowsSystem32en-USsysmain.dll.mui 0% OK
              Extracting C:WindowsSystem32msscntrs.dll 3% OK
              Extracting C:WindowsSystem32sysmain.dll 6% 9% 12% 16% 19% 22% 25% 29% 32% 35% 38% 42% 45% 48% 51% 55% 58% 61% 64% 68% 71% 74% 77% 80% 81% OK
              Extracting C:WindowsSystem32systemsf.ebd 85% 88% 89% OK
              Extracting C:WindowsSystem32driversrdyboost.sys 92% 96% 99% OK
              All OK
              Cannot open sft_lpsft_Input.rar
              The system cannot find the file specified.
              No files to extract
              Returned Win32Result: 1.
              R2ConvGUI.R2Conv+R2ConvException: Win32Result != 0

sft_lpsft_Input.rar this doesn’t exist, I’ve checked packs/rar folder. πŸ™„
              btw I didn’t had this problem with R2convGUI before.

Well I need to check it out why the file is missing and/or corrupt.

I will get back to you on the matter.

TY for the feedback.

I double checked all files and CMD line and there is no error.

All packs are complete as well as sft_main and sft_lp. None are missing.

What language are you running your R2 because it seems that it cannot find out in what language your installation is in, but in that case you should have got the error for other packs too.

Here is Superfetch applied to a French R2 (native ISO no LP installed) and as you see it can find the correct language pack according to the OS language.

Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)MSCR2r2convr2conv.xml.
              Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)MSCR2r2convfeaturesfeatures.xml.
              Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)MSCR2r2convservicesservices.xml.
              Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)MSCR2r2convfixesfixes.xml.
              Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)MSCR2r2convtweakstweaks.xml.
              Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)MSCR2r2convpackspacks.xml.
              Loading XML document C:Program Files (x86)MSCR2r2convmiscmisc.xml.
              Calling C:Program Files (x86)MSCR2r2convpacks\inst.cmd with argument “DCF3932E-B079-439D-87D9-8CF59B6D4921”.
              L’opβ€šration a rβ€šussi.
              Extracting C:WindowsSystem32sysmain.dll 6% 9% 12% 16% 19% 22% 25% 29% 32% 35% 38% 42% 45% 48% 51% 55% 58% 61% 64% 68% 71% 74% 77% 80% 81% OK
              All OK
              Extracting from sft_lpsft_fr-fr.rar
              Extracting C:WindowsSystem32fr-FRsysmain.dll.mui
              98% OK
              All OK
              Extracting from rarSuperFetchinfinf.rar
              Creating C:Windowsinfrdyboost OK
              Creating C:Windowsinfrdyboost000 OK
              Extracting C:Windowsinfrdyboost000ReadyBoostPerfCounters.ini 36% OK
              Creating C:Windowsinfrdyboost409 OK
              Extracting C:Windowsinfrdyboost409ReadyBoostPerfCounters.ini 74% OK
              Extracting C:WindowsinfrdyboostReadyBoostPerfCounters.h 89% OK
              All OK
              Extracting from rarSuperFetchPrefetchPrefetch.rar
              Creating C:WindowsPrefetch OK
              Creating C:WindowsPrefetchReadyBoot OK
              All OK
              Returned Win32Result: 0.

Here is Superfetch applied on R2 English with Arabic LP

Calling C:Program Files (x86)MSCR2r2convpacks\inst.cmd with argument “DCF3932E-B079-439D-87D9-8CF59B6D4921”.
              All OK
              Extracting from sft_lpsft_ar-sa.rar
              Extracting C:WindowsSystem32ar-SAsysmain.dll.mui
              98% OK
              All OK
              Extracting from rarSuperFetchinfinf.rar
              Creating C:Windowsinfrdyboost OK
              Creating C:Windowsinfrdyboost000 OK
              Extracting C:Windowsinfrdyboost000ReadyBoostPerfCounters.ini 36% OK
              Creating C:Windowsinfrdyboost409 OK
              Extracting C:Windowsinfrdyboost409ReadyBoostPerfCounters.ini 74% OK
              Extracting C:WindowsinfrdyboostReadyBoostPerfCounters.h 89% OK
              All OK
              Extracting from rarSuperFetchPrefetchPrefetch.rar
              Creating C:WindowsPrefetch OK
              Creating C:WindowsPrefetchReadyBoot OK
              All OK
              The operation completed successfully.
              Returned Win32Result: 0.

Here is screenshot for fun….

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1328082/mscr2_issues/sft_ar.PNG

Also this is the 1st time such an error is reported back for Superfetch.

I cannot fix what works, so you may need to use R2Conv2 to apply Superfetch as you said it worked.

It does work with R2Conv2 since it did not check OS language as packs had all languages and all were copied to System32 directory. We changed that function to avoid people having LP folders for nothing.

Keep me informed.

N πŸ˜‰

PS : R2 is available in following languages as native, for the rest you need to add LP.

I’m running R2 Enterprise in English, regional settings set to Bulgarian (currency, time etc.) + Bulgarian phonetic kb layout added, no additional language packs has been installed. The installation is clean on a new partition.
              I don’t know why it wants to extract sft_lpsft_Input.rar, you should explain.
              One question, which of those packs in sft_lp dir should be installed for a clean english installation of 2008 R2? cuz I can’t find any EN package there and I definitely don’t have any LP other than the iso one πŸ™„

And one more thing, your bt stack doesn’t work for me. It installs well but when I plug my gigabyte bt stack it doesn’t install drivers and stays as “unknown device” in device manager. I had to install this again in order to work viewtopic.php?f=25&t=929

Very very odd…. 😯

I honestly have no correct answer for you on this matter as we never encountered such error before in more then 10 000 downloads of the tool.

Also I am not able to reproduce the error so it’s difficult to investigate.

Myself, on my test PC I run a French R2 with UK English location and Swiss German keyboard and I did not encounter such bug. ❓ ❗

As to what refers to en-US pack files they are in main pack -> sft_main for example.

Nevertheless I am glad you found an alternative solution.

TY for the feedback. πŸ˜‰

Can you add an option to completely disable logoff time ? I have several virtual machines and it’s pain in the ass to constantly clicking this small arrow next to password box.

@Radek2212 wrote:

Can you add an option to completely disable logoff time ? I have several virtual machines and it’s pain in the ass to constantly clicking this small arrow next to password box.

I cannot add that feature but you can use Control Userpasswords2.exe to set R2 to autologin automatically with the password that you set.

N πŸ™‚

And what about Server 2012 ?

@Radek2212 wrote:

And what about Server 2012 ?

Works too on SRV2012.

N πŸ™‚

Cannot create C:WindowsSystem32msscntrs.dll
              Access is denied.
              Total errors: 1
              Returned Win32Result: 1.
              R2ConvGUI.R2Conv+R2ConvException: Win32Result != 0

help pls.

The problem is here

Access is denied.

Basically the issue is :

1/ Either you are not running tool with Admnistrator rights

2/ Either there is already a sysmain.dll file in destination folder which is no good.

That’s it.

N πŸ™‚

The reason is 2, but how to do, thanks.

@ejinni wrote:

The reason is 2, but how to do, thanks.

Check if following files are in WindowsSystem32

msscntrs.dll
              sysmain.dll
              systemsf.ebd

And following in WindowsSystem32en-US

sysmain.dll.mui

If all are there then Superfetch should work.

N πŸ™‚

Yes, all are there. than? how could I verify? thank.

@ejinni wrote:

Yes, all are there. than? how could I verify? thank.

Check in Services and if you see a Superfetch service running then it’s working.

N πŸ™‚

Thank you, but the Superfetch service is not running. πŸ™

@ejinni wrote:

Thank you, but the Superfetch service is not running. πŸ™

Now if you want to fix this problem you need to give me more detailed answers. Yes, no or it does not work with smileys is not enough !

I wish to understand one thing : how did you run the tool ? On built in Administrator account or on a regular user account that belongs to Administrators Group ?

The reason why I ask you is that it’s odd that access was denied to copy a file in System32en-US with admin rights ? I tested over and over and the only time access is denied to copy files is when they are already there and in use !

That brings me to another question ? Is this a clean install or an upgrade or whatever ?

Did you try to “fiddle” around on your own to get Superfetch working ?

Now do not misunderstand me but this is 1st time that we encounter issues with this pack as it belongs to the one that took a lot of time to develop and since we tested it over and over so many times it’s close to perfection.

So here is what needs to be done to fix it (no 100% guarantee that it will work on your configuration but it does work on my R2 in a VM) :

1/ Stop Superfetch service in Services

2/ Remove following files in :

a/ WindowsInf -> RdyBoost folder

b/ WindowsPrefetch -> ReadyBoot folder

c/ WindowsSystem32drivers -> rdyboost.sys

d/ WindowsSystem32en-US -> sysmain.dll.mui

e/ WindowsSystem32 -> sysmain.dll and systemsf.ebd

3/ Once all this done, run again MSCR2 -> Superfetch Pack with administrator rights and if you get an error again then there is something else wrong.

Through Step 1 to 3 you do not reboot. You reboot only once pack installed.

One last thing, what language is your R2 ? English ?

N πŸ™‚

Thank you very much, you are so nice.
              Let me try again first.

The key is:
              because the windows search services is started in my pc.
              I installed english edition, but can display Chinese.
              thanks.

@ejinni wrote:

The key is:
              because the windows search services is started in my pc.
              I installed english edition, but can display Chinese.
              thanks.

There is no such file in Superfetch pack.

Remove Windows Search Role/Feature (it’s not necessary to have it enabled. regular search works still) reboot and try to install Superfetch pack again.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/hu/w7itproperf/thread/b1e8c64b-7201-4fd7-8f5a-42e3e39a7b8b

If NO GO then I cannot help you futher. Sorry.

N πŸ™‚

When are these files supposed to be from (the ones for Server 2012 R2)?
              From 2009?
              Is that correct?

Because I also can’t get the superfetch service to start correctly.
              I get an error (Error 24) saying that the program issued a command but the command length is incorrect.

Edit: No, these files are most likely from Windows 7, so I replaced them with the ones from Windows 8.1.
              Unfortunately it still doesn’t work, now I get a different error message saying that the operating system is not configured to run this application…

hackerman1

@NoNameNeeded wrote:

When are these files supposed to be from (the ones for Server 2012 R2)?
                From 2009?
                Is that correct?

Because I also can’t get the superfetch service to start correctly.
                I get an error (Error 24) saying that the program issued a command but the command length is incorrect.

Edit: No, these files are most likely from Windows 7, so I replaced them with the ones from Windows 8.1.
                Unfortunately it still doesn’t work, now I get a different error message saying that the operating system is not configured to run this application…

This thread is about the server converter for WS2008-R2.
                Since you mentioned “the ones for Server 2012 R2” and “Windows 8.1” i assume you are looking to convert WS2012-R2 ?

There is another forumsection for Windows Server 2012 R2: viewforum.php?f=58

And a thread “WINDOWS SERVER 2012 R2 $OEM$ PACK”: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2498

Hi and thanks for the opporunity to post here!

I realize this is an old thread but it seems many people are still interested in running server 2008 in a workstation config, so I thought I’d ask a few quick questions, and thank you for your replies, beforehand:

1. Where can I download an genuine (i.e. unaltered) ISO for Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1 ? I do have my own key for activation so I am not asking for a “cracked” install, I want to find the original by Microsoft? Is this possible?

2. Where can I download the latest version of this conversion tool? I tried different links I found in the internet from this forum and I was not successful, usually end up in weird website, you know what I mean (lol) !!!

Thank you very much for your help!

Xwpis ONOMA

hackerman1

Hi !

Welcome to the forum !
                  I donΒ΄t know where you can find WS2008-R2, I get my software from Dreamspark.

Conversion info: http://www.win2008r2workstation.com/

Converter: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1924

Links are all dead I hope someone could share me a link also.
                  Thanks!!

hackerman1

@gendouhydeist wrote:

Thanks!!

Which links ?

@hackerman1 wrote:

@gendouhydeist wrote:

Thanks!!

Which links ?

The link on the 1st page OP

https://mega.co.nz/#!JEwHkBiY!DONJOCWW3jgIHrQ3zq1ofz0PH8pJlwvpaz_dS_Tdrj0

Anyways what the difference between R2 CONVERTER GUI and MICROSOFT SERVER CONVERTER R2
                    I want the tool with AIO.
                    Need the System Restore badly.

Thanks!!

hackerman1

@gendouhydeist wrote:

@hackerman1 wrote:

@gendouhydeist wrote:

Thanks!!

Which links ?

The link on the 1st page OP

https://mega.co.nz/#!JEwHkBiY!DONJOCWW3jgIHrQ3zq1ofz0PH8pJlwvpaz_dS_Tdrj0

Thanks you for clarifying what you meant.
                      Yes, mega.co.nz is dead, which means that all links to them are dead.

IΒ΄m going to restructure the forum, upload all our software to one (1) location,
                      and then posts all links on one (1) page in the forum.

But i have not had time yet.
                      I have a lot to do, and now itΒ΄s summer and holiday… πŸ˜‰

pls share download link
                      MICROSOFT SERVER CONVERTER R3

hackerman1

@hobbit19 wrote:

pls share download link
                        MICROSOFT SERVER CONVERTER R3

There are no link to “share”…
                        Why ?
                        Because there is no “MICROSOFT SERVER CONVERTER R3” !
                        It does not exist, at least not yet….
                        The latest server converter is R2, for WS2008-R2.

But as i already posted when the WS-10 technical preview was released: you can use the instructions for WS2012.

Also, read my previous post above:
                        @hackerman1 wrote:

IΒ΄m going to restructure the forum, upload all our software to one (1) location,
                        and then posts all links on one (1) page in the forum.

But i have not had time yet.
                        I have a lot to do, and now itΒ΄s summer and holiday… πŸ˜‰

IΒ΄m on (a long overdue, and late) vacation, so everything regarding the forum: restructuring and uploading any software etc. will still have to wait for a while… ;).

But I am watching the forum, taking care of any spammers… πŸ˜‰

hackerman1

Today i noticed the request for a link to “MICROSOFT SERVER CONVERTER R3
                          I didnΒ΄t think about the version when i read the post first time…. πŸ˜‰
                          So I have updated my previous post above, with a clarification about “MICROSOFT SERVER CONVERTER R3”.

hackerman1

You can now download the server converter for WS2008-R2 directly from our own Onedrive:
                            https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlP8qLrG9PBabOuKtGE66bvYCNw

Just click on the link, or enter the URL above in your browser, and the download should start automatically.
                            Note: it might take a few seconds (10-20) before it starts, just be patient …

I have personally double-checked all the files in the archive (RAR) with Virustotal today (2016-11-22)
                            And it is CLEAN !

Viewing 101 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.