MICROSOFT SERVER CONVERTER 2012

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 Miscellaneous MICROSOFT SERVER CONVERTER 2012

Viewing 88 reply threads
  • Author

We decided to issue a specific version of our main tool MSC that worked for Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012.

The major problem was that most of fixes, tweaks and packs were for R2 and also that our previous *.exe file did not work on Server 2012 immediately but required a prior NetFx3 Feature enabling that was long, very long….

Therefor we fixed a specific standalone tool only for Server 2012 that works with NetFx4 and no need to enable NetFx3 Feature if you do not use it.

We added Classic Shell, you may be tempted to use it.

Installation Directory : C:Program Files (x86)MSC2012

Changelog 09/11/2013 :

1/ Fixed Take Ownership Registry to Multi-Lingual (TY Coldbloc)

2/ Removed 7Shell

Here some screens :

Download directly from our own Onedrive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlP8qLrG9PBabcaS6UeF8_mTHsk

Just click on the link, or enter the URL above in your browser, and the download should start automatically.
      Note: it might take a few seconds (10-20) before it starts, just be patient …

I have personally double-checked all the files in the archive (RAR) with Virustotal today (2016-11-22)
      And it is CLEAN !
      /hackerman1

N and Team πŸ™‚

The following options failed to install:

• superfetch
      • games explorer
      • uxtheme patch
      • msmpeg2enc.dll
      • msmpeg2vdec.dll & msmpeg2adec.dll
      • cinepak
      • enable visual theme service says failed, but themes work

I have attached the logfiles from my attempts.

@dstruct2k wrote:

The following options failed to install:

• superfetch
      • games explorer
      • uxtheme patch
      • msmpeg2enc.dll
      • msmpeg2vdec.dll & msmpeg2adec.dll
      • cinepak
      • enable visual theme service says failed, but themes work

I have attached the logfiles from my attempts.

OK.

Thank you we’ll take a look at this.

But I can already tell you that some packs are specific to R2 only such as:

*superfetch -> I think it’s back again in W8, was in Dev Preview !
      *games explorer -> files for R2 only
      *uxtheme patch -> files for R2 only
      *msmpeg2enc.dll -> files for R2 only
      *msmpeg2vdec.dll & msmpeg2adec.dll -> R2 update so no go on W8
      *cinepak -> files for R2 only

So no big deal. We have some work that’s it. LOL.

The Horsemen πŸ™‚

hoak
      Participant

Wow ExpertUser, you’re amazing already getting a jump on this. My pet wish for the Server 8 Converter would be some way to enable the Start Menu/Button that works like 7 or XP, and then Metro is launched as an application (the way it should be on a Workstation IMHO). I have read that someone was hacking around in one of the earlier Windows 8 Beta’s explorer.exe and some of the DLL it uses with a Hex Editor and found he could enable a functional Start Menu — but that it was not stable.

This is probably going to be very impractical or a kludge that requires a second ‘fake’ application running some sort of ‘Start Button’ application like Start Menu XP, a cheap hack like this one on HTG… The best solution IMHO would be a really ambitious project like free open source project Classic Shell — which may even work as Server 8’s shell, but I haven’t had the time to try it…

I miss your Cat picture btw.

:ugeek:

Hi hoak,

TY for the feedback.

I fully agree with you about that Start Button, I really miss it too. I heard about the explorer.exe project and I am trying to get some more information on it.

I hope that we will be able to come up with a solution as you stated very well. I do not quite understand why they took it off on Server Edition.

Maybe they knew that we would transform it to Workstation OS so they did not bother about it lol……….

In anyway I’ll keep you all posted here if we make progress.

What concerns the cat avatar, my cat that was called ExpertUser, I decided to change for some time avatar. I’ll be back with it soon.

TY for asking, I appreciate. πŸ˜‰

N πŸ™‚

hoak
        Participant

Cool!

Hey I just noticed this on the Classic Shell FAQ, so it does appear to at least superficially support Windows 8… It may not be an ideal solution but it is a FOSS project that may at least offer some resources (and hope) for a direction to explore (no pun intended)…

Next time I try Windows 8 I’ll certainly give the Classic Shell a try as well as a few other alternative Windows Shell projects that might work to see if they offer more practical Workstation UI that’s also well behaved and robust…

Love your work ExpertUser!

Hi hoak,

I tested this Classic Shell Project, seems very sober work.

Also it has silent switches for install, that is very good, it can be added to MCS as pack.

I keep you updated.

N πŸ™‚

hoak
          Participant

Wow that looks pretty neat! Is it well behaved? Does it still allow you to launch Metro stuff should that ever be needed? Just from your initial reaction alone I have a feeling if Microsoft doesn’t change direction (which seems likely this late in the game) on the Windows 8 and Server 8 DesktopWorkstation interface design — you and the Classic Shell Developers are going to be quite popular with the Server 8 and Windows 8 Administrators and Users…

πŸ˜€

@hoak wrote:

Wow that looks pretty neat! Is it well behaved? Does it still allow you to launch Metro stuff should that ever be needed? Just from your initial reaction alone I have a feeling if Microsoft doesn’t change direction (which seems likely this late in the game) on the Windows 8 and Server 8 DesktopWorkstation interface design — you and the Classic Shell Developers are going to be quite popular with the Server 8 and Windows 8 Administrators and Users…

πŸ˜€

It works well and it behaves like regular Start Menu, also when you press Windows Button on keyboard it’s pops up.

I have fixed a $OEM$ pack together and I am going to silent switch install.

I’ll keep you posted.

LOL for being popular…. πŸ˜€

N πŸ™‚

hoak
            Participant

LOL, well I wasn’t entirely joking; consider: Windows Server 8, and to a lesser extent Windows 8 will get deployed in mission critical applications, and as you’ve seen for yourself, certain parts of the Windows 8 interface do not allow the Administrator/User to multi-task when some parts and features UI are being used… That will be a ‘deal breaker’ of epic proportions, just getting kicked out of the Desktop to Metro could literally be a life and death situation where critical data can not be monitored and administered concurrently with configuring some system settings…

hoak
              Participant

Hey ExpertUser! I just found another article, here that apparently restores the Start Menu in Windows 8… This was on an older Windows 8 Developer’s Preview, not the new Windows 8 Release Preview and obviously not Windows Server 2012 — but if it does work it would probably be a preferable option for some than the Classic Shell…

πŸ˜‰

hoak
                Participant

And another update with news that may not be so good; this time from Paul Thurrott in this blog post, the important quote here:

@Paul Thurrott wrote:

Related to this second point is information I’ve received that Microsoft has been furiously ripping out legacy code in Windows 8 that would have enabled third parties to bring back the Start button, Start Menu, and other software bits that could have made this new OS look and work like its predecessor. In fact, I’ve seen that several well-known UI hacks that worked fine with the Windows 8 Consumer Preview are no longer functional in the coming Release Preview. And those with hopes that Microsoft would allow businesses, at least, to boot directly to the desktop should prepare for disappointment. That feature not only isn’t happening, it’s being removed from Windows Server 12 (Windows 8’s stable mate) as well.

There’s a new build of Windows Server 2012 that was released today 31 May 2012 in parallel with the Windows 8 Release Preview that can be downloaded through the Windows Server 2012 Portal Page

It will be interesting to learn if the code changes Paul mentions will break the Classic Shell and virtually all the Start Menu hacks like those I’ve mentioned above. If so it may be possible to import the missing files from an earlier RC to sustain comparability — but things reach a point where the work involved is too onerous and the results perhaps not worth the effort…

Update: I just learned second hand that Start8 still works with the new build of Windows 8 and apparently the new build of Server 2012 so if Micosoft has indeed succeeded in blocking other alternatives this may yet offer some hope…

:geek:

Any links to get this:: Microsoft Server Converter v.1

hackerman1

@colinzim wrote:

Any links to get this:: Microsoft Server Converter v.1

is that a question ?

Yes,
                    This site discusses all these differant programs and there is nowhere to get them.

Link ??? Microsoft Server Converter v.1
                    Link ?? R2Conv3

Is there a download page I am missing ???

@colinzim wrote:

Yes,
                    This site discusses all these differant programs and there is nowhere to get them.

Link ??? Microsoft Server Converter v.1
                    Link ?? R2Conv3

Is there a download page I am missing ???

Maybe if you look better on Page 1 of this post…… and

viewforum.php?f=21

for the rest….. πŸ˜€

Thanks this place rocks,
                    Got from an Arabic website after translating

I have installed blue tooth stack but it does not work on windows server 2012 data center πŸ˜•

@vietdniit wrote:

I have installed blue tooth stack but it does not work on windows server 2012 data center πŸ˜•

Correct. It’s a pack for Windows Server 2008 R2 and not 2012.

W7PacksR2 are not intended for Server 2012.

N πŸ™‚

@ExpertUser wrote:

@vietdniit wrote:

Correct. It’s a pack for Windows Server 2008 R2 and not 2012.

W7PacksR2 are not intended for Server 2012.

N πŸ™‚

I need bluetooth stack for my lappy, it is my wishlist ExpertUser :ugeek:

We are planning to make for Server 2012 it’s own tool.

Once we know where are heading to, we will post more info on the project.

Patience and TY.

N πŸ™‚

1st post updated.

Tool posted.

Have fun.

We will post some themes packs for your Server R2 and/or 2012 release.

N πŸ™‚

nice tool )
                    what is install classic shell start menu?
                    is it possible to add detection of features already enabled/installed?

@screamer wrote:

nice tool )
                    what is install classic shell start menu?
                    is it possible to add detection of features already enabled/installed?

More info here :

http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

To what refers the detection of features already enabled, it’s not relevant really as if you already have some enabled then you must remember which ones, don’t you think ?

Also the tool is not there to replace Server Manager but just to ease some tasks for users not acquainted with “Workstation Conversion”.

Such tasks can be easily done with DISM via Command Prompt too and of course Server Manager.

πŸ˜‰

Amazing tool!
                    Thanks ExpertUser and team!
                    Server 2012 Standard working super fast in vbox.
                    I’ll try a full install this week

@ExpertUser wrote:

To what refers the detection of features already enabled, it’s not relevant really as if you already have some enabled then you must remember which ones, don’t you think ?
                    πŸ˜‰

u are wrong )
                    as example, server 2008 R2 SP1, after that some of the “modifications” are reverted and there is a need to rerun converter

unfortunatly my memory is not so good as yours, so i need to remember all the features i selected previous time

@screamer wrote:

@ExpertUser wrote:

πŸ˜‰

u are wrong )
                    as example, server 2008 R2 SP1, after that some of the “modifications” are reverted and there is a need to rerun converter

unfortunatly my memory is not so good as yours, so i need to remember all the features i selected previous time

Well if you think I am wrong, that’s fine for me. I will not insist on the matter. πŸ˜†

N πŸ™‚

Updated tool, added :

1/ Xinput.dll and Xaudio.dll (thanks to Allukend)

2/ Performance Information and Tools (thanks to rallymoose)

Please note that although Server 2012 will only be released on September 4th, I already added MUI support for the 34 languages as usual, plus a new one -> en-GB, LOL….. πŸ˜†

And a TY to Arris for completing and testing the packs 😎

N πŸ™‚

That usefull tool πŸ˜‰

Nice tool, do I just create a new GUID and reference it from the cmd and associated XML file to further enhance my usage ? I was able to add a new entry like this, but wondering if we could get a 5th tab for user entries where everyone could add there own apps with silent switches. I’m not sure all readers are as hands on as me.

added to inst.cmd

:453C0619-8955-4C96-B045-1546351264B4
                    powershell -command "New-Item 'C:Temptest.txt' -type file"
                    exit 0

453C0619-8955-4C96-B045-1546351264B4
                    6.1.amd64
                    Creates a test file in Temp Directory
                    NotInstalled

false
                    inst.cmd
                    453C0619-8955-4C96-B045-1546351264B4

Hi coldbloc,

To get a 5th tab you need to edit r2conv.xml file and add new tab. Beware that folder name you’ll give for it in xml file will need to be the same you give in r2conv as subfolder.

N πŸ™‚

Hello, I’m new here and just found a possible bug with the .net framework 3.5 installation with the converter: I’ve enabled .net framework 3.5 in the converter and applied the change, restarted the computer but in fact .net framework 3.5 was still not installed. I followed the procedures of 1st run -> restart -> 2nd run -> restart FYI.

Hi ExpertUser, couldn’t do much with the gui during my lunch break, but I got it to spit XML with a random guid. Take a look see if I made any mistakes. I’ll delete it after you see it.

FYI, when you click, it copies the data to your clip-board, so paste into a blank text file and you’ll see.

e1473b29-b9b2-4133-a7ef-d0be08b82621
                    6.1.amd64
                    Display Name
                    NotInstalled

false
                    inst.cmd
                    e1473b29-b9b2-4133-a7ef-d0be08b82621

:e1473b29-b9b2-4133-a7ef-d0be08b82621
                    one liner codes here
                    goto :eof

Cool work coldbloc, TY.

I will take a look at it after dinner.

Do not overwork over your lunch break, we are working on this since 2 years almost, we were never in a hurry as we like quality work. πŸ˜‰

I will take a look at the GUI as you asked me. I’ll keep you posted.

N πŸ™‚

Update to come soon with following :

1/ added MS DirectMusic Core Services

2/ added Game Controllers Control Panel Applet

3/ added GameUX.dll

4/ added msmpeg2enc.dll

5/ enable/disable Advance Boot Options

6/ add W7 Intel Colored Aero Pointers

7/ add W8 Aero Pointers

8/ add W8 Wallpaper

9/ fixed password complexity and length requirement removal, NetFx3 is no longer required, neither reboot πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

I am testing it. I’ll post when done.

N πŸ™‚

@mao wrote:

Hello, I’m new here and just found a possible bug with the .net framework 3.5 installation with the converter: I’ve enabled .net framework 3.5 in the converter and applied the change, restarted the computer but in fact .net framework 3.5 was still not installed. I followed the procedures of 1st run -> restart -> 2nd run -> restart FYI.

I am going to take a look a this. TY for the feedback.

N πŸ™‚

Hello.
                    Bugreport:
                    “Disable Distributed Link Tracking” or “Disable IP-Helper” or “Disable LAN Manager” broke samba client.
                    Explorer can’t list share (even own) with 0x80070035 error code.
                    Checked with two fresh installs of Win2012Standard

Wishlist:
                    Please add quickboot
                    Please add autocreate second account with disabling default Administrator (refer to tweaker – features tab -> “deactivate build in Administrator account”)

also IExlorer removal option will be nice feature

dism /online /Disable-Feature /FeatureName:Internet-Explorer-Optional-amd64

I think whole configuration process can be described by unattend.xml. Unattended.xml can be applied to WIM image or instelled system

DISM.exe /Online /Apply-Unattend:

And as cool option unattend.xml can be placed on some git repo end edited by community

Hi nox,

To what refers to following services

Disable Distributed Link Tracking
                    Disable IP-Helper
                    Disable LAN Manager

You are 1st one to report such error as we added them some time ago for R2 too.

I will not add “autocreate second account” option as users can do that themselves.

And I am most 100% certain that you cannot disable admin account in Server 2008 R2 and neither on Server 2012. The reason you can’t delete and/or disable built-in accounts is that you wouldn’t be able to re-create them. R2/2012 are not W7/W8.

I will think about the IE10 feature removal and “W8 Fast Startup”.

To what refers to the Unattended.xml if you wish to do it fine for me.

This tool had an update function to a FTP Server, but we removed it mainly for security reasons because some “smart users” started to try to hack FTP to get access to it…….

Thank you for the feedback.

N πŸ™‚

@ExpertUser wrote:

To what refers to following services
                    Disable Distributed Link Tracking
                    Disable IP-Helper
                    Disable LAN Manager

The problem is definitely with these options – tested by enabling one-by-one the rest of checkboxes. When one of it (don’t know exactly which one, sorry) is enabled samba client did not work.
                    The changes are not revertable, i.e. only full reinstall bring samba to life.
                    tested against en_windows_server_x64_dvd_915478.iso

@ExpertUser wrote:

And I am most 100% certain that you cannot disable admin account in Server 2008 R2 and neither on Server 2012.

It simply works, tested with Tweaker 4.1. I have second account with admin rights.
                    You can freely operate with disabled accounts in SafeBoot mode.
                    I disabled Admin buildin account accidently and stayed with User account, so “run as admin” was inactive – booting in SafeBoot mod and reverting changes helps.

Btw it will be nice do remove boot timeout

bcdedit /timeout 0

And boot console… , it shows during boot for a moment and it irritates me. Original Windows 8 boot smoothly in video mode.

Thank you for your response

@ nox

The purpose of this tool is to ease conversion of Server 2012 to a workstation OS. The stuff needs to be simple, comprehensive and it will remain this way.

We are not going to implement complicated things that need research in case the user does not want them or because his OS is screwed up. We wish to avoid users posting “That does this not work or this does not work….”

Take yourself as an example : you disabled 3 services without informing yourself whether your samba client software required them ! Result : you join and post that there is a bug in tool… πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

If you would have checked inst.cmd in (msc2012r2convservices) you would have found out the way to restart services and set to automatic as they are per default.

So let’s not start adding IT stuff just for the sake you all think you are running a Server OS so now you are pros.

Let’s stay humble and try to make this tool accessible to ALL USERS.

By the way, you are not obliged to disable the above mentioned services, it’s a choice. I will add to description -> “For Advanced Users, only disable if you know what you are doing…” πŸ˜†

Before I forget, my apologies for the disable Admin account, I just learned something new.

http://www.win2012workstation.com/windows-8-apps/

Very good tool.

I offer a start menu to see if it would be possible to integrate?

Windows 7 Explorer for Windows 8:

Creating Tihiy MDL : http://ipsite.org/1bjs

Just one special file for each language: explorer.exe.mui

For example, a French version:

Result : http://i.imgur.com/NaORu.jpg

@Sliden wrote:

Very good tool.

I offer a start menu to see if it would be possible to integrate?

Windows 7 Explorer for Windows 8:

Creating Tihiy MDL : http://ipsite.org/1bjs

Just one special file for each language: explorer.exe.mui

For example, a French version:

Result : http://i.imgur.com/NaORu.jpg

Hi Sliden,

I’ll see what can be done.

MUI files is not a problem as I have all 35 W8 x64 versions.

I’ll send an email to the creator of the program to ask him kind permission to add it to the tool.

Windows 7 shell for Windows 8 – BETA 7
                    =============================

This program is created by Tihiy.
                    You can’t redistribute files of this program without mentionting me.
                    You can’t redistribute this program without this readme.txt file. You also can’t modify it.

N πŸ™‚

PS: For those who don’t know Sliden, he belongs to Team Orion. They make custom releases and also made a nice Server 2008 R2 release last year. Real nice work on it. πŸ˜‰

Hi ExpertUser.

Thanks πŸ˜‰

*An important detail:
                    When Windows 7 Explorer works in combination with Windows 8, Metro functions are no longer available.

@Sliden wrote:

Hi ExpertUser.

Thanks πŸ˜‰

*An important detail:
                    When Windows 7 Explorer works in combination with Windows 8, Metro functions are no longer available.

Correct, we will make a revert option available and add support for all 35 LP’s automatically so users will not need to get files from W7/R2 releases.

N πŸ™‚

Good news. thanks. πŸ™‚

Tool updated.

I did not include W7 Explorer yet.

Also the creator of it remade the tool.

-> viewtopic.php?f=54&t=2222

We are working on Superfetch and BTH.

I’ll keep you posted.

N πŸ™‚

@ExpertUser wrote:

Tool updated.

I did not include W7 Explorer yet.

Also the creator of it remade the tool.

-> viewtopic.php?f=54&t=2222

We are working on Superfetch and BTH.

I’ll keep you posted.

N πŸ™‚

I’m waitting for BTH, thank you ExpertUser

Very good update, tested with Windows 8 Pro, works very well.

Tool updated.

N πŸ™‚

@tema wrote:

How about adding this to converter?
                    http://www.win2012workstation.com/windows-8-ui-internet-explorer/

I added it but only the reg file, so you will still need to add new account manually and follow procedure to get apps going.

I also added Sys Restore and BDA Pack.

No progress on Bluetooth Stack has been done and let’s not even mention Superfetch.

So that’s it for the moment.

N πŸ™‚

Hi!

I’m new here! I just tried this tool and it works great! Thank you for it!

I just want to report some bugs I found when installing W8 mouse cursors. The program shows an error message and when I try to change cursors theme, Windows shows errors about missing or corrupted cursor files.

The cause of the error is probably here:

The program did not correctly changed registry:

It added in
                    HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionControl PanelCursorsSchemes

Cursorsaero_arrow.cur,Cursorsaero_helpsel.cur,Cursorsaero_working.ani,Cursorsaero_busy.ani,Cursorscross_r.cur,Cursorsaero_pen.cur,Cursorsaero_unavail.cur,Cursorsaero_ns.cur,Cursorsaero_ew.cur,Cursorsaero_nwse.cur,Cursorsaero_nesw.cur,Cursorsaero_move.cur,Cursorsaero_up.cur,Cursorsaero_link.cur

(So there are missing %SystemRoot%)

Probably because:
                    The file inst.cmd in C:Program Files (x86)MSC2012r2convpacks

using variable %sr%, but it’s not defined in evcall.cmd (maybe it should be “set sr=%%SystemRoot%%”??? Or changed to %r2_sr% ???)

calls for file regcursors.reg but it doesn’t exist… (maybe it should be regaero_mouse_pointers.reg ???)

Can you please check it?

I hope you understand me – English is not my native language πŸ™‚

With regards

Tom

Hi Tom,

There is a mistake in the script line in inst.cmd for packs.

I just checked it and it calls a reg file that is not there…. LOL. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

This is the corrected line :

:B1DC9AAC-95DF-41AC-B0F0-B9E181878E6C
                    reg import regaero_mouse_pointers.reg||exit 5
                    goto :eof

Thank you for noticing it.

I fixed a corrected version of the tool. πŸ˜‰

N πŸ™‚

Hi!

Thank you for the fix!

But there is still error in packs’ inst.cmd file, because it still calls for the not defined variable %sr%, so it’s changing the cursors/schemes registry incorrectly (missing %SystemRoot% in the cursor files paths (“Cursorsaero_arrow.cur,Cursorsaero_helpsel.cur,Cursorsaero_working.ani,…”).

As I wrote before, probably the variable should be defined in evcall.cmd (“set sr=%%SystemRoot%%” or changed to %r2_sr%).

Could you please look at it once again?

Thank you.

With regards

Tom

Ok it’s fixed and changed to %r2_sr%.

Funny how that script error got in because when I checked the “work files” it’s correct. πŸ˜†

Tool updated again. πŸ˜‰

N πŸ™‚

Hi!

Yes, that was it! Now the issue is fixed πŸ™‚

Thank you again for this great tool!

With regards

Tom

P.S.: Just one little note, because I did not find it here anywhere and it took me some time to figure out where is the problem πŸ™‚
                    When you enable the feature to boot right to the Classic Desktop, it immediately disables the access to PC Settings screen (when you try to start it, it shows a message about being disabled by Admin).
                    Booting to Classic Desktop is very useful feature, but someone may miss the disabled settings…
                    But when you install the Classic Start Menu (it’s included in this tool, thought I don’t know if it’s the last version, because I installed it before running this tool) you can enable its own feature to boot right to Classic Desktop and keep the PC Settings functional… This is what I’m using now πŸ™‚

Thank you for the feedback Tom.

I did not post on this thread the issue with boot directly into desktop option but we did add a remove function for it.

I posted the problem elsewhere on forum.

The best compromise is to install Classic Shell as you said.

Regards,

N πŸ™‚

Well, I noticed strange thing with installing .Net Framework 3.5. I used your converter – and like – 1st tab – 1st run. And enabled .net 3.5 first, with desktop experience and other, in first run. But after some time when I was installing programs, that need .net 3.5 – windows told me it’s not installed. I checked the roles/features – the tick for .net 3.5 was there, but the second tick exactly for 3.5 – was missing. Screenshot of what I mean:

I have not figured it out yet since the beginning we started to work on MSC2012…. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† why it does not install all components as cmd line is correct and works without any issues in SRV2012 $OEM$ Pack.

It belongs to the M$ mysteries like Superfetch on SRV2012…..

N πŸ™‚

Hey guys, I know this thread hasn’t seen any real activity since December but I figure this is a good place to chime in anyway:

I’ve been playing around with getting Bluetooth working on Server 2012 Datacenter+GUI that I have installed on my Lenovo T500 ThinkPad. I’ve taken this about as far as I have time to, and figured I’d share in the hopes of someone else being able to contribute.

Driver/Registry Pack
                    Modified Broadcom Drivers

The driver/registry pack was made using files from a Win 8 Pro iso direct downloaded from MS; so a clean base. I ripped out all the Bluetooth related drivers/registry stuff I thought would be required.

Things currently working:
                    1) Bluetooth devices/drivers are all showing and installed.
                    2) You can access the Bluetooth settings for the PC.
                    3) You can make the PC discoverable by other devices, and change it’s name.
                    4) The Bluetooth settings icon is present in the Control Panel.
                    5) The Bluetooth settings icon is present in the right-click menu of your computer in Devices & Printers.

Things currently not working:
                    1) Using Bluetooth at all in a normal boot; you need to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement each time.
                    2) Discovering other devices; while your computer can be seen it is blind to other devices.
                    3) Initiating a pairing request from a remote device does not pop up with the pairing notification on the PC; you can’t see the PIN or complete pairing.
                    4) The system tray icon is not present; the bttray.exe program will run, but the icon isn’t visible.
                    5) The control panel settings icon doesn’t open the settings; if you manually execute the command executed by the icon it works. (Also works as above if you access the settings through the right-click menu of your computer in Devices & Printers)

To install:
                    1) Boot to safe mode.
                    2) Extract zip file.
                    3) Copy the contents of the whole “Windows” folder in the zip to your Windows install directory; overwriting when prompted.
                    # Note: If you get permissions errors while copying and can’t sort them out, I used the Tweaking.com Windows Repair v1.9.4 (not 1.9.6 or higher, they won’t work) to apply only the Registry and File permissions repairs.
                    4) Once the files have been successfully copied, shut down the machine.
                    5) Start the machine back up and boot it with “Driver Signature Enforcement” disabled, using the F8 menu at startup.
                    6) Go to the extracted files and run the “InstallDrivers.bat” (as administrator if applicable).
                    7) Follow the prompts and click “Install this driver software anyway” or Yes/OK on all the boxes that pop up. Hopefully there are no errors.
                    8) Reboot the machine, again booting with signature enforcement disabled.

At this point you are as close to the Bluetooth support in a stock Win8 install as I can get you; however just as on Win8, you may also want to install third-party Bluetooth drivers to get everything working. The modified Broadcom drivers posted above are the latest ones from their website with simple inf modifications to get them to play nice on 2012. Simply run the setup as normal once extracted from the Zip. Repeat step 8, and now you’re as functional as me!

Hi XanSama,

Thank you very much for this very interesting and constructive share.

You have made progress indeed and I am sure we will be able to fix the issues you are experiencing.

I’ll take a look at your zip files and see to get a MUI working for MSC2012 and then we can see from there on.

I’ll keep you updated.

Once again TY.

N πŸ™‚

😯 It is little hard for me to download this file

Says the file is no longer there πŸ™

@Zeblade wrote:

I will get it fixed later today.

Sorry about that.

N πŸ™‚

@Zeblade wrote:

Fixed.

N πŸ™‚

Hey THANK YOU! For the new link! Awesome just AWESOME work!

It has gone again!

cheers

S

@ScotBoy wrote:

It has gone again!

cheers

S

πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Fixed again who knows for how long…..

it say’s the file isn’t there. πŸ™ again, have it fixed please..

@pakzeen wrote:

it say’s the file isn’t there. πŸ™ again, have it fixed please..

Fixed.

Hello , i had a little problem with bluetooth installation guide when i run it at first , he gives me an error and then install the soft , bluetooth is installed but he is not working.
                    http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/5039/qh5w.png
                    http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8104/gi.png
                    If someone can help with this problem ?

@willsmity wrote:

Hello , i had a little problem with bluetooth installation guide when i run it at first , he gives me an error and then install the soft , bluetooth is installed but he is not working.
                    http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/5039/qh5w.png
                    http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8104/gi.png
                    If someone can help with this problem ?

I have not fixed any BT pack for Server 2012 yet and may never. πŸ˜†

Check here out -> viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2199

Sorry about that.

N πŸ™‚

Just found this very impressive application and I hope you keep working on this as this worked wonders for me on my work build machine as when I upgraded to 2012 for the New Hyper V version and test labs the metro UI among other things just irked me like no other… At home I am sticking with Windows 7 and my VMWARE box for my tests but where I work I have to use it given my job leaves me testing everything ready or not IMO.

But thanks again for making this awesome utility!

@EndUser2013 wrote:

Just found this very impressive application and I hope you keep working on this as this worked wonders for me on my work build machine as when I upgraded to 2012 for the New Hyper V version and test labs the metro UI among other things just irked me like no other… At home I am sticking with Windows 7 and my VMWARE box for my tests but where I work I have to use it given my job leaves me testing everything ready or not IMO.

But thanks again for making this awesome utility!

πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›

We will port it to work on 2012 R2 also or make a new one for R2. We have not decided yet.

It all depends on the dll’s……… and the dll.mui’s….. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

N πŸ™‚

I am currently preparing MSC2012R2.

I have created a file grabber to ease dll acquiring task.

I am currently adding 35 LP to a W 8.1 Enterprise x64 Edition, that will take some time……

I will have a working test copy by the weekend.

I hope M$ does not issue a Server OS every year…….

I’ll create a new topic for new version.

N πŸ™‚

πŸ˜€

We also managed to definitely solve the issue with NetFx3 feature that required DVD or Internet access.

We fixed a script to detect DVD/USB and get files from SxS folder.

N πŸ™‚

We fixed it so it works in all 35 languages available for Server 2012 and you do not need to hunt for your W7/R2 DVD.

Just an FYI, the Take Ownership reg snippet was not multi-lingual last I checked. The problem being that on non-english locales the word “Administrators” is not used causing the ICACLS command to fail. This avoids the issue by referencing the Administrators group by SID.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/243330

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT*shellrunas]
                    @="Take Ownership"
                    "NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT*shellrunascommand]
                    @="cmd.exe /c takeown /f "%1" && icacls "%1" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F"
                    "IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f "%1" && icacls "%1" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTDirectoryshellrunas]
                    @="Take Ownership"
                    "NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTDirectoryshellrunascommand]
                    @="cmd.exe /c takeown /f "%1" /r /d y && icacls "%1" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F /t"
                    "IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f "%1" /r /d y && icacls "%1" /grant *S-1-5-32-544:F /t"

TY for the info.

1st post updated.

N πŸ™‚

Is there a Server 2012 R2 converter in the works ?

@Detection wrote:

Yes ExpertUser is working on it. No it is not yet ready. Get latest news in the 2012 R2 subforum.

http://www.win2008workstation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2499

@Detection wrote:

Yes.

I am not done yet.

N πŸ™‚

Thanks for the excellent tool, very useful to me.

A small issue though, if your server is on drive other than C:/ (e.g. D:/, E:/ etc), in this case the right-click option to show/hide folders/extensions does not work because it can’t find the .vbs script in C:/…/system32.

hackerman1

@Portal2Two wrote:

Thanks for the excellent tool, very useful to me.

A small issue though, if your server is on drive other than C:/ (e.g. D:/, E:/ etc), in this case the right-click option to show/hide folders/extensions does not work because it can’t find the .vbs script in C:/…/system32.

Do you mean “MICROSOFT SERVER CONVERTER 2012” or the new version for R2 ?

I have tried the one for 2012, so is it already fixed for 2012 R2?

hackerman1

@Portal2Two wrote:

I have tried the one for 2012, so is it already fixed for 2012 R2?

I donΒ΄t know.
                        I only asked because if you meant the new version, then i should move your post to the other thread….

Er um…

Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter, Build 9600…

Full court press, worked almost perfectly:
                        The Classic Shell needed updating,
                        but other than that, everything worked.

Everything.
                        You are GODS!

hackerman1

@Killmofasta wrote:

Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter, Build 9600…

Which MICROSOFT SERVER CONVERTER are you talking about ?
                          2012 or 2012-R2 ?

hackerman1

You can now download the server converter directly from our own Onedrive:
                            https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlP8qLrG9PBabcaS6UeF8_mTHsk

Just click on the link, or enter the URL above in your browser, and the download should start automatically.
                            Note: it might take a few seconds (10-20) before it starts, just be patient …

I have personally double-checked all the files in the archive (RAR) with Virustotal today (2016-11-22)
                            And it is CLEAN !
                            /hackerman1

Viewing 88 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.