Medal of Honor Pacific Assault – Install Guide

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Games Compatibility Medal of Honor Pacific Assault – Install Guide

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

For those who play MOHA Pacific Assault, it will not install on Vista or 2k 08. Here are the steps I used to get it working. Hope it helps

First, running in XP compat mode does not work on the EXE files off the dvd, nor does running as Administrator and Orca is no help since everything is EXE files on the disk.

The problem stems from the license code program under the support folder (on the DVD director cut), called Medal of Honor Pacific Assaulttm_code.exe

When you attempt to install the program all you will get is an invalid code, regardless if you copy the DVD to the hard disk or not, or in any compatability mode.

So to get it installed

1. Download a copy of Windows 2007 Virtual PC or VMWare
      2. Setup a Windows XP Virtual PC
      3. Install the Virtual machine add-on’s and map your 2k8 local C: drive
      4. Insert MOHPA into your drive and attach it to the VM
      5. Install MOHPA as you would have under XP in the past
      6. Copy all the game files from the XP machine to the Vista or 2008 Workstation – make sure to keep it in the same drive and path (i.e. c:pfea…)

7. Extract the following registry keys from your XP machine and import / create them in the 2008 / Vista machine – note the is the CD key without the “-“

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREElectronic Arts]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREElectronic ArtsEA Games]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREElectronic ArtsEA GamesMedal of Honor Pacific Assaulttm]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREElectronic ArtsEA GamesMedal of Honor Pacific Assaulttmergc]
      @=”

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREElectronic ArtsMedal of Honor Pacific Assault(tm)]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREElectronic ArtsMedal of Honor Pacific Assault(tm)1.0]
      Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREEA GAMES]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREEA GAMESMedal of Honor Pacific Assault]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREEA GAMESMedal of Honor Pacific Assault1.0]
      “Path”=”C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Medal of Honor Pacific Assault(tm)”
      “CDDrive”=”D:\”
      “DistributionID”=”700”
      “Language”=”en_US”
      “SKU”=”1”

8. After that create a shortcut to C:Program FilesEA GAMESMedal of Honor Pacific Assault(tm)mohpa.exe

* Note the program will not appear in Add-Remove programs, nor will the autorun Allow you to click on “Play”

Also install the 1.2 patch from EA’s site and Direct X 9.0c… So far it works for me and the only workaround that I could fine.

Hope this helps

Arris

Thanks for this extended explanation! 🙂 Added a reference to this topic to the Games Compatibility List in the Manual.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.