Logitech Setpoint

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • Author

The latest version for Vista (4.40) installs but the panel with all the options doesn’t work. Strangely enough, version 3.10 works perfectly. You can find 3.10 by selecting Windows 2000 in the OS list on the download page.

I also strongly suggest to install uberOptions http://www.mstar.net/users/rlowens/uberOptions/ on top of Setpoint for better customization.

Max

i had the same problem under Vista x64! So this is not a Server08-related problem!

This is good news. Thank you very much.

@Max2k8 wrote:

The latest version for Vista (4.40) installs but the panel with all the options doesn’t work. Strangely enough, version 3.10 works perfectly. You can find 3.10 by selecting Windows 2000 in the OS list on the download page.

I also strongly suggest to install uberOptions http://www.mstar.net/users/rlowens/uberOptions/ on top of Setpoint for better customization.

Max

I get not compatible with OS. This is an EXE not an MSI what is the work around?

Anyone?
      Did you guys just edit the install config file to install the older driver or what?

Well hopefully this will be the answer.
      ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/setpoint310_x64.exe

BTW, You can browse the ftp for the version you would like to try .
      ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/

thx i will check it
      and feedback 🙂

edit:

nope didnt work
      gonna try that:

ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/setpoint330_x64.exe

did that:
      http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=software_mice&thread.id=11017

didnt worked

cant solved it

i get the same error “sidebyside”

really annoy

I have a Logitech G9 and have been trying to get the Setpoint drivers (v3.3 to 5.0) to work on Server 2008 Ent. (x64). Absolutely nothing will work – I’ve tried it all (old drivers, custom drivers, drivers installed to Vista and copied over to Server, etc.). I’m hoping someone here figures sometime out but in the meantime I plan to keep experimenting. 😀 All I want is to be able to map my keys!!! 😐

I think i can help! (atleast for the x86 users)
      The setpoint doesnt work on Server 2003 too so i searched really alot to find solution.
      In some forum (i dont remember which one anymore but i think it was on the logitech forum) there was a guy who modded the drivers to work with Server 2003, but looks like they work with 2008 too (i use them atm with MX620 and all options are available)
      Here is how to do it:
      1.Download the latest SetPoint (right now its 4.60)
      2.Download the fixed drivers from here or here
      3.Install SetPoint and close it from the system tray
      4.Install the fixed drivers
      5.Start SetPoint again
      6.Have fun 🙂
      #NOTE: I cant test this on x64 since i dont have such os so test on your own risk!
      #If you want, you may try x64 drivers instead of the x86 ones i posted above.

@Psychor wrote:

I have a Logitech G9 and have been trying to get the Setpoint drivers (v3.3 to 5.0) to work on Server 2008 Ent. (x64). Absolutely nothing will work – I’ve tried it all (old drivers, custom drivers, drivers installed to Vista and copied over to Server, etc.). I’m hoping someone here figures sometime out but in the meantime I plan to keep experimenting. 😀 All I want is to be able to map my keys!!! 😐

if u didnt use vlite u shouldnt be a problem

here a way to fix it

i had a bad bug with logitech and my vlited server 64bit

"sidebyside" error

i copied all the original WinSxS back [ sad.gif ]
      all the options are working fine now
      but i need to change the usb rate

so someone knows about USB rate changer for server 2008 64bit ?

btw something with ms visual C++ 2005 redistub...

now success to installed

I have a promlem with Logitech SetPoint too.
      My mouse is MX900 (bluetooth) and my keyboard is a diNovo for Notebook (non bluetooth). I installes many SetPoint versions, but every version can’t find the keyboard – the mouse works. I started with Version 2.6 (this was the only version which detects my keyboard, but the extra buttons don’t work) 🙁
      Then i tried v3.3 with v4.4 update (mouse works but only the extra numeric pad is detected, not the keyboard). Same with newest 4.6 bundle with bT drivers – the damn keyboard is not detected.
      The fixed drivers upper this thread don’t help 🙁
      Anyone have an idea?

What are you using x86 or x64?

im using x86

If the mouse work, but the keyboard does not, then its either your keyboard that have problem, or the modded drivers work only with mouses – probably the second reason is more plausible, but i cant this because my logitech keyboard is not supported by setpoint.

I’m using a 32 bit OS.
      The strange thing is, that the numeric pad is detected, and the keyboard not? Where are the drivers for the devices?

OK. I think i need th drivers from folder Program FilesCommon FilesLogishrdCDDRV2
      I have no drivers in this folder. Is there anyone who can give me this drivers from SetPoint 4.6 32bit?

The files are not installed in that folder, they are located in that folder, which is in the msi installer.You can extract it, but the driver files arent patched.What setpoint version is given when you select your device in the logitech website?

For both (MX900 mouse and the diNovo Cordless Desktop for Notebooks) the Setpoint 4.6 is given.

And by the way. In folder LogishrdCDDRV2 is only a Log file, nothing else.

OK i fixed it by my self.
      I installed a Windows Vista in a VM. Then i installed SetPoint.
      After that i copied the installed files from folder LogishrdCDDRV2 in the same folder in Server 2008.
      Then i reinstall the keyboard in device manager.
      Now it works perfectly.

did the mouse rate said something that diff then 125hz ?

where can i see the current mouse rate?

here a app that could tell

how much the usb mouse rate

OK. Maximum mouse rate is 125.
      Whats the advantage of a higher mouse rate?

The advantage is smoother movement, but even after patching the dll files, SetPoint still forces 125hz

if i remove the setpoint and plane the dll files what should be happened ?
      cos its not important to me that much

Well it will probably work at higher rate, if you replace the system files with the vista patched ones (there are 500 and 1000hz versions), but there are disadvantages of using the mouse without its software so i think its not worth it.

someone could check
      if setting it from os implement to setpoint implement

in setpoint settings change the mouse rate ?

thx

There is currently a working solution to implementing setpoint 5.0 on windows server 2008 x64. I think theres a x86 solution as well if you look hard enough..
      Here’s a link to the procedure: http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=software_mice&message.id=12592#M12592

SetPoint 4.6 [latest for my G5] installed completely fine for me, guess i’m lucky.

Yeah, I have the MX Laser Bluetooth mouse and I’ve got major lag which is annoying the hell out of me. Is there any way to fix this? I’ve got Setpoint 3.1 installed currently.

EDIT: Got rid of Setpoint and the issue went away. Logitech sure makes some shitty software.

@end0rphine wrote:

There is currently a working solution to implementing setpoint 5.0 on windows server 2008 x64. I think theres a x86 solution as well if you look hard enough..
      Here’s a link to the procedure: http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=software_mice&message.id=12592#M12592

That didn’t work for me, Setpoint doesn’t recognize my devices 🙁

@treydawg wrote:

That didn’t work for me, Setpoint doesn’t recognize my devices 🙁

Manually install the driver via Device Manager. Under “Mice and other Pointing Devices” it usually says “HID-complient device” or “HID-complient mouse” but I had to manually browse to the SetPoint folder with all the INF’s [unpack the setup EXE with WinRAR or whatever archiver you use] to change it to the Logitech HID.

Now mine says “Logitech HID-compliant G5 Laser Mouse” and thats all i had to do to get SetPoint to recognize my mouse 🙂

Yeah, that’s exactly what I did 🙁

It was also a pain to delete, I had to manually delete all setpoint entries in my registry 👿

Yeah it sucks. But I just found that SetPoint 4.5 under 2008 has a really wierd bug for me. I set the Middle-Mouse to ‘Universal Scroll’ [life saver when doing pixel editing and you can just drag around] but I can’t “click out” of it and it bugs out and stays in ‘drag mode’ and it’s really, really annoying not being able to use this.

Stressed.

Okay I have found a fix to get mouse and keyboard settings working in 32 bit

1. Download this: http://rapidshare.com/files/167424428/Logishrd.rar
      2. Close Setpoint
      3. Run the CDDRV Installer
      4. Mouse settings should now be working
      5. Copy the Kogishrd folder to your desktop
      6. Go to Device Manager and under Keyboard right click your Logitech keyboard
      7. Click Uninstall then check the box to delete driver software
      8. Scan computer fro new hardware then right click the keyboard again
      9. Click update driver software then browse my computer then let me pick from a list… then have disk
      10. Browse to the Logishrd folder on your desktop then CDDRV2 then select the LfHidUsb.inf file
      Note: If that file does not work for you try one of the other ones in that folder
      11. Press Okay and select Logitech HID… Keyboard then press Next
      You should now have keyboard settings in setpoint

This was tested with diNovo Edge with uberOptions installed
      This does not work with the diNovo mini if anyone figures out what driver to use or a way to get the diNovo Mini working post how you did it.

Arris

Thanks chanhuff for this nice explanation. I don’t have a Logitech keyboard but I’m sure this will help several people! 🙂

Logitech Setpoint 4.70 drivers installed, updated themselves, and work great in my x86 system.

I want to report that Setpoint 5.1 for the Logitech G9 is now working flawlessly on my desktop which runs Server 2008 x64. I also faced the same problems as everyone else in this forum with the past versions of Setpoint so hopefully this will be resolved for everyone.

Yeah i have one of the original G5’s (single thumb button, not two) and I found out that SetPoint 4.60 is the best one – letting it autoupdate fixes the issue i was having.

SetPoint 5 does not support the G5 🙁 Looks like im due for a mouse upgrade then!

Viewing 38 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.