Logitech Setpoint

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi everyone,

my good old Logitech MX Revolution finally wants to go, so I bought a Logi M560. Got one of those for the wifey some weeks ago, and it’s a nice little mouse. Works like a charm on Windows7.
      But: the buttons seem to be somewhat nonstandard (X-Mouse doesn’t recognize all of them), so remapping can only be done through SetPoint.
      And here’s the problem: I’ve got SetPoint 4.8 working nicely for the MXRevo (can’t remember if this gave me any troubles), but it doesn’t recognize the M560.

And I can’t install any version of SetPoint6. Odd thing is, I always get a Windows Internet-Security Warning, pointing to some IE-settings concerning the running of software from unsecure sites. Now i’ve changed the IE-setting to allow running of everything downloaded from the net, and everything else runs without any problems (only the usual “this file was downloaded and might be unsafe, do you really want to run it?”), but SetPoint-Installer just plain refuses to work.

I already tried copying the SetPoint-folder from the w7-notebook, but that didn’t help, either. SetPoint does start from the copied folder, tells me it is version 6.something, but driver is still 4.82 (where do I install a new setpoint-driver?) and my mouse still does not show up.

So, anyone any ideas how I get SetPoint 6 running on my Server2008R2?

Martin

Anonymous

Problem solved. I got my hands on some spare parts for the MX (not easy finding someone who wants to sell small quantities (like 1 or 2) of ffc-cables, but at last i could order a “sample” through the company), so it’s up and running better than new, and i can stick with setpoint 4.8
        Also i got my hands on another Server2008R2 in the company, and there the setpoint-installer started just fine.
        So it seems there’s a specific problem with my own machine, and as long as it only affects the setpoint-installer, i can live with that. Got enough spares (cable, microswitches) to get at least 10 more years of life out of the MX 🙂 and by then i might be willing to try another OS

Martin

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.