List of Antivirus/Security Applications (x64)

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Applications Compatibility List of Antivirus/Security Applications (x64)

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

More Antivirus and Security Applications can be found at the Manual – Security Software page!

GREEN – means working fine
      YELLOW – means working, but unstable or only with tricks
      RED – means not working

All Antivirus/Security software tested at Windows Server 2008 x64!

0-9

A

B

C

D

E
      ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0 Business Edition x64

F

G

H

I

J

K
      Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

W

X

Y

Z

Please feel free to add to this list, I am curious to know what other non-server version antivirus software works with Windows Server 2008 when it is being used as a workstation.

I have sucsefully got Kaspersky 2009 Working on Server 2008 Ent X64
      it was alot of work to edit the MSI but its working now. if you would like the files sent then please PM

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 3.0 Business Edition x64 and x86. Work’s great. I will check Home Edition with next installation.

Arris

I already tested the Home Edition of the Eset products, but those won’t install on Windows Server 2008. However, this reply at the Security Software page says that you can easily migrate a Home Edition license to a Business license. 🙂

Clamwin works fine on x64.

Moon Antivirus works.

Symantec endpoint protection version 11.0.2000.1567 installed without a hitch and is working with no issues logged in the event logs. No noticable hit on performance either. I did setup my rules for access out and in on the windows firewall before it auto disables and it imports the rules you already have.

All,

I have been using Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 on “Workstation 2008” for about 5 months. Works great. Wanted to let you all know that thru 11/15 Staples is selling the three PC version for $9.99 after rebates.

Bryan

I am using Sophos 7.61 RC2 that seams to work fine

webroot firewall works great in 64 and x86 windows 2008 server

its free too!!

http://www.webroot.com/En_US/consumer-products-desktopfirewall.html

@pringles wrote:

webroot firewall works great in 64 and x86 windows 2008 server

its free too!!

http://www.webroot.com/En_US/consumer-products-desktopfirewall.html

Webroot AntiVirus with AntiSpyware works well also. No modification to the installer is necessary.

BitDefender Total Security 2009 has been working like a charm since installed it. I’d say even better than it did on my XP setup =)

ESET smart security v4.0.424.0 x64 business edition works fine.

AVG Anti-Virus Business Edition 2011 works fine

new Microsoft Security Essentials 2.0 released 16 December 2010 installs and works on Server 2008 x86/x64 and on R2 too !

Desktop Features dont need to be on. If they are then it will disable Defender like in Vista / 7.

No tricks, no patching 😀

Tested myself with fresh install of 2008 x86 Enterprise SP2 – screenshots :

http://img831.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=unbenannt2hb.jpg

No other features or updates prior installed. Installation is quick, one reboot later it fetches the signatures from the web. Faster and less consuming as version 1.

People running R2 confirmed to me it works there also.

I just download and install Kaspersky 2012 on Windows Server 2008 R2. But i am having activation problem i got error saying broken activation i need to reinstall again. I try to reinstall few times same error. I folow the methor mention web-page below. Any one has soluition for thos problem?

http://maxbarrass.blogspot.com/2008/09/installing-kaspersky-internet-security.html

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.