- 26th September 2011 at 07:25 #52168
SP works fine, but MP fails to launch.
- 26th September 2011 at 15:11 #52169
I believe it may have something to do with Windows Server and not ATI.
Single player works fine, when MP does not.
Is there a network thing I need to install for Windows Server so old games can still run on a network?
Jedi outcast would use the old direct x network thingy?
It must be a networking thing, as SP works fine.
How do I fix this? Is there a feature(download from MS) for old network drivers that old games use?
- 28th September 2011 at 03:43 #52170
Disabling DEP will resolve your issue.
2. Right-click Computer and choose Properites
3. Click Advanced System Settings
4. Click Settings… under Performance
5. Click Data Execution Prevention tab
6. Click Add…
7. Navigate to C:Program Files (x86)Lucas ArtsStar Wars JK II Jedi OutcastGameData
8. Click on jk2mp.exe to add it.
9. Click apply and close out of everything.
Launch “Play Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast” on Start Menu. When program opens, choose Multiplayer. It should now launch.
Proof of Screenshot:
- 26th September 2011 at 06:37 #44329
I cant get Starwars Jedi Knight Jedi OutCast to work.
I’m using Windows Server 2008 R2 with Hd 5770/ATI catalyst 11.8.
I get :
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: jk2mp.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 3d232fd5
Fault Module Name: StackHash_f840
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 05a59a00
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: f840
Additional Information 2: f840bd4e25822d7ae87a884493a50cd3
Additional Information 3: dfee
Additional Information 4: dfee76a7d4b1368912421c7d5c058433
I tried a opengl wrapper directx dll(tried it on Win XP and works) and I get:
GLW_StartOpenGL() – could not load OpenGL subsystem.
Is there a problem with Win server or just crappy ATI drivers?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.