Issues booting, black screen on bootup.

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Miscellaneous Issues booting, black screen on bootup.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I recently installed windows 2008 SP2, and I knew there were issues to begin with, because I had to install it in safe mode (due to graphics card drivers not being updated) but now that I’ve tried underclocking my ram, and running in safe mode as suggested…
      I can’t reach safe mode anymore

tl;dr:
      -Black screen on boot, after loading screen.
      -Graphics card not supported, or not updated.
      -Nvidia 9800GT
      -2GB ddr2 pc6400
      -VGA/DVI out, both of which have been tried.

EDIT:
      I got safe mode to boot, and I chose safe mode with networking so I could install new drivers, but it froze at crcdisk.sys for quite some time(~5 minutes) before booting. Could it be that it is hanging the same way normally, and I’m not waiting long enough? (Guess not, after trying to wait for 30 minutes, it still produced nothing.)

EDIT2:
      It does boot, but it produces the error:
      Windows 2008 install cannot continue in safe mode.
      Closing, or pressing ok restarts my computer.
      I can, however, still do shift+f10 to get to cmd prompt.

EDIT3:
      This seems to relate to my situation a bit
      http://serverfault.com/questions/38136/what-is-crcdisk-sys-and-what-it-means-when-it-freezes-to-load

It’s been about a month since you last updated this thread. Did you ever get this issue taken care of? I’m interested to know because this seems more like a hardware issue than a software one. I have this weird feeling that it could be an issue with your hard drive. If not that, then something is lose in the case and I would recommend opening it up to see what you can find. Good luck!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.