Intel ICH8R on D975XBX2 mainboard

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Hardware Compatibility (New) Intel ICH8R on D975XBX2 mainboard

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Just wanted to let all know that the RAID drive I needed for this board was included in the Win2k8 build. It found my RAID and I only needed to update the driver after setup.

EDIT: Actually all of my mainboard drivers were included in the Win2k8 build. None were needed. All I needed to install was the ATI CCC.

@Triel wrote:

Just wanted to let all know that the RAID drive I needed for this board was included in the Win2k8 build. It found my RAID and I only needed to update the driver after setup.

EDIT: Actually all of my mainboard drivers were included in the Win2k8 build. None were needed. All I needed to install was the ATI CCC.

Hmmm, different story here. I also have the D975XBX2 and I was having a hell of a time getting Win2008 to recognize the Marvell RAID card. I loaded the Vista x64 driver from USB thumb drive, and the installation started, but on the first reboot, the RAID 0 array disappeared and was recognized only as two separate disks.

I’m running through install again, ensuring the USB drive I had the drivers on is removed before the second boot. I’m assuming you’re using the Intel RAID card to host your boot array? Mine is hosting a RAID 10 array, currently powered down to ensure no overwrites during install (I learned that lesson long ago 😉

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.