Installing NT windows clients

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Applications Compatibility Installing NT windows clients

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve been trying to install an NT service and it says that I don’t have the right dot NET version, so I downloaded the newest dot net framework 4 and it installed fine, but I still get the same error that I have to install dot net 2.something for the program to work. Do I need to enable this feature somewhere? I want it to work for my installed programs not for my web page.

Is there a way to install dot net programs in windows 2008 r2 that I am missing?

I’m trying to get an afraid dns updater to work since I have a dynamic IP address. If anyone knows of another way to do this than great….Is there a program that will automatically visit a url (in the background preferably) every 5 minutes?

Thanks, for your help….

Install “.NET Framework 3.5.1 Features” using “Add Features” in Server Manager.

Anonymous

Install “.NET Framework 3.5.1 Features” using “Add Features” in Server Manager.

Can you enlighten me a little bit on what your program does? Do your program need to use your IP address or something? You mentioned that you have a dynamic IP address so this is why I was lead to believe your IP address has something to do with it. I have an FTP server and I’m using AT&T as my ISP which uses a dynamic IP address but I have a virtual host set up using a free domain service at DynDNS.com

Here is the tutorial if you need to set up a virtual host:

http://www.dyndns.com/support/kb/remote.html

For example ftp://123.45.67.89 will become ftp://myhost.dydns.org

It’s very simple all I did was install the FTP role on my server, set up my FTP site, went into my router and forwarded port 21, and then created an account with DynDNS and set up my free domain name.

Check out my ftp server:

ftp://sealy1986.homeftp.net

Username:sealy1986ftpuser
        Password:gojaysgo123#

Anonymous

Can you enlighten me a little bit on what your program does? Do your program need to use your IP address or something? You mentioned that you have a dynamic IP address so this is why I was lead to believe your IP address has something to do with it. I have an FTP server and I’m using AT&T as my ISP which uses a dynamic IP address but I have a virtual host set up using a free domain service at DynDNS.com

Here is the tutorial if you need to set up a virtual host:

http://www.dyndns.com/support/kb/remote.html

For example ftp://123.45.67.89 will become ftp://myhost.dydns.org

It’s very simple all I did was install the FTP role on my server, set up my FTP site, went into my router and forwarded port 21, and then created an account with DynDNS and set up my free domain name.

Check out my ftp server:

ftp://sealy1986.homeftp.net

Username:sealy1986ftpuser
          Password:gojaysgo123#

I have installed the “.NET Framework 3.5.1 Features” using “Add Features” and then I installed the newer .net framework 4 and it all worked fine, but everytime I try to install Afraid Updater I get the popup message saying:

This setup requires the .NET Framework version 1.1.4322. Please install the .NET Framework and run this setup again. The .NET Framework can be obtained from the web. Would you like to do this now? (yes) (No)

and when I click http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/default.aspx it takes me to the page to get .NET Framework 4. Is the new 3.5.1 and 4 Frameworks not compatable with the 1.1.4322 Framework. These programs worked great on my windows XP system. I haven’t tried to install other .NET based programs (maybe I’ll try this).

I also get the same message with installing WebDNSConfig client and others available at http://freedns.afraid.org/scripts/freedns.clients.php

I would like to use freedns.afraid.org instead of DynDNS.com since I have more freedom choosing a subdomain name that is easy to remember and is somewhat like a real domain name, but I guess I could switch to DynDNS.com if I can’t get an IP update client to work.

Anonymous

I have installed the “.NET Framework 3.5.1 Features” using “Add Features” and then I installed the newer .net framework 4 and it all worked fine, but everytime I try to install Afraid Updater I get the popup message saying:

This setup requires the .NET Framework version 1.1.4322. Please install the .NET Framework and run this setup again. The .NET Framework can be obtained from the web. Would you like to do this now? (yes) (No)

and when I click http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/default.aspx it takes me to the page to get .NET Framework 4. Is the new 3.5.1 and 4 Frameworks not compatable with the 1.1.4322 Framework. These programs worked great on my windows XP system. I haven’t tried to install other .NET based programs (maybe I’ll try this).

I also get the same message with installing WebDNSConfig client and others available at http://freedns.afraid.org/scripts/freedns.clients.php

I would like to use freedns.afraid.org instead of DynDNS.com since I have more freedom choosing a subdomain name that is easy to remember and is somewhat like a real domain name, but I guess I could switch to DynDNS.com if I can’t get an IP update client to work.

Okay I kind of answered my own question. I tried installing the old dotnetfx.exe framework 1.1 and during the install it said that it wasn’t compatable with IIS, but I installed it anyway and things seem to be working okay and our web site is still online.

After installing Framework 1.1 (I guess Framework 4 dosen’t cover framework 1.1) the programs started working. I’ll give updates if there are any other problems, but the update client seems to work now.

I tried installing the 1.1 Framework first before I added the 3.5 Framework in the add features program, and it didn’t work so I assumed that it wouldn’t work on windows 2008 r2, but then I latter added the 3.5 framework feature and it allowed me to install the .NET 1.1 framework.

Thanks, 😀

Anonymous

Okay I kind of answered my own question. I tried installing the old dotnetfx.exe framework 1.1 and during the install it said that it wasn’t compatable with IIS, but I installed it anyway and things seem to be working okay and our web site is still online.

After installing Framework 1.1 (I guess Framework 4 dosen’t cover framework 1.1) the programs started working. I’ll give updates if there are any other problems, but the update client seems to work now.

I tried installing the 1.1 Framework first before I added the 3.5 Framework in the add features program, and it didn’t work so I assumed that it wouldn’t work on windows 2008 r2, but then I latter added the 3.5 framework feature and it allowed me to install the .NET 1.1 framework.

Thanks, 😀

Viewing 8 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.