Installing HP PhotoSmart

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Hardware Compatibility (New) Installing HP PhotoSmart

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a HP PhotoSmart c4280 and it has Vista drivers but it will not install at all because the Disk see’s that the operating system isn’t XP or Vista. Is there a way around this?

I found this tip on Newegg from a customer reviewing your model HP. It relates to Home Server 03, but it just might work with a Win2K8 Workstation. Give it a try following the steps precisely, but trying different compatibility settings to see if any work. Let us know how it goes. I’m not getting my hopes up, but if it works, this could help a lot of folks with installing not only drivers but other apps as well on their Win2K8 Workstation. Good luck.

In order to install the driver on Windows Home Server (Server 2003) you need to do the following steps: 1. run the installer 2. copy the “”c:temp”” it creates to the desktop – this is the uncompressed driver and support apps 3. Right-click the setup.exe, choose properties, and set it to XP Compatibility under the Compatibility tab. 4. Click OK and then double-click the setup.exe app 5. Now you can install as usual. If you encounter a problem during install where it states the product type does not match, Ctrl-Shift-Left Mouse Button on Cancel to bypass it.

Other Thoughts: I can’t believe that HP would specifically engineer their driver installer to avoid certain OS’s. I’m sure their enterprise equipment would install on Server 2003 without needing to be tricked into doing so.

I have a HP Photoshmart C3180 and Vista drivers work great. But, I do not install from the disc. The disc installs to much clutter for my tastes. I just go to the website and download the driver only.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.