initial configuration tasks problem

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 Hardware Compatibility (New) initial configuration tasks problem

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

i just got windows server 2008 enterprise edition running and it works fine.when i rebooted it,the initial configuration tasks window popped up then crashed for some reason.i ran the Windows Server 2008 Workstation Converter program too setup it as a workstation.does anyone else have this problem?

Arris

I haven’t heard of this problem before. Maybe the Event Log (Start -> Run -> eventvwr.msc) gives you some more information about this crash. You can also try to find out what the cause is using Sysinternals Process Monitor where you add as filter Process Name | is | oobe.exe | then Include. After that click Run in the Start menu, enter oobe.exe and click OK. To get more information about how to solve this problem using Process Monitor, use the search function in this forum.

Also be sure that you haven’t used ANY activation cracks for your Windows Server 2008. These will also screw up these system tools.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.