- This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 11 months ago by Anonymous.
- 9th February 2016 at 04:54 #45021Anonymous
Is there a list I’m missing? Anything work? What are people using?
I’m used to using Macrium Reflect Free, but on install it complains about a server OS and aborts.
I set my system up and now I’m getting smart errors on my drive. Would like to migrate off it ASAP…
- 9th February 2016 at 04:59 #61219Anonymous
Ahhh, using the search I see reference to it in the 2008 thread(s). My apologies.
- 9th February 2016 at 13:47 #61220Anonymous
There is no need to apologize.
I know that it´s not always easy to find information on this forum.
I have said a few 4-letter words more than once….;)
Yes, Macrium Reflect (v4.2 build 3775) works.
The only “problem” is that you can´t “explore an image” which means attach an image as an extra disk and take a look / copy files from it.
You might be able to get newer versions to work, but i have not had any reason to try.
- 10th February 2016 at 00:00 #61221Anonymous
Ugh. Can’t get Macrium Reflect (v4.2 build 3775) to work in 2012R2. Tried tricks 1, 2, and 1&2.
This is what’s listed:
Major Version: 6
Minor Version: 2
Build number: 9200
Product type: 1
I’ve tried the above (I’m on 2012 R2), and the following:
Major Version: ?
Minor Version: ?
Build number: 9600
Product type: 1
Note from Administrator: I removed the quote.
- 10th February 2016 at 00:55 #61222Anonymous
Try this in Appverifier:
That´s what i´m using in WS2008-R2…
Please do not quote the whole previous post when replying, we can all read that post..
And i already know what i posted…
- 10th February 2016 at 04:48 #61223Anonymous
Please do not quote the whole previous post when replying…
LOL. I guess. The only other board I frequent moves so quickly if you don’t quote who you’re replying to nothing makes any sense. Clearly not the case here. 🙂
Tried your settings on both the known working and newest versions–neither would install, even under a neutered admin account.
- 10th February 2016 at 14:39 #61224Anonymous
Are you saying that you can not even install Macrium Reflect Free (v4.2 build 3775) on WS2012-R2 ?
I don´t have WS2012-R2 installed so i can not check if it works right now.
But i might be able to create some space om my harddrive, install WS2012-R2 and then do a quick check.
- 10th February 2016 at 23:04 #61225Anonymous
Yes, that’s what I’m saying. It throws the “this is not designed for servers” error.
File: reflect_setup_free_x86_x64 v4.2.3775.exe
- 11th February 2016 at 02:28 #61226Anonymous
Are you using Appverifier x64 ?
I took a quick look at my hardrive, i might be able to create a parttion,
install WS2012-R2 and then do a quick check later today (2016-02-11)
- 11th February 2016 at 16:29 #61227Anonymous
Yes, that’s what I’m using. If you find the time–I’d appreciate it. Thanks!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.