I’m Finished, and Happy.

Forums General General Discussion I’m Finished, and Happy.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I have finished installung and configureing Win2k8 std. I have 2 Product keys sent to me via MS, so I still have one unused key.

Activation was a breeze online and every step in the guide worked flawlessly.

I did like Vista, it worked just fine. It never crashed or complained. All the programs I used worked in Vista. I ran x64 Ultimate.

Win2k8 std does everything(except dreamscene) Vista does and more. And with less memory. Vista used an average of 50% of my 3GB. Win2k8 uses just 35% with all the exact same applications installed. And it responds better.

Vista would sometimes pause breifly when I gave a command. Not 2k8. And useing less memory?!

I got a lot installed here and even got an Acronis image. My system haas multiple internal and external HDDs. But only one OS.

I was considering installing Vista within Hyper-V. But unless I encounter some unexpected problem I will resist that urge.

I’m lovin 2k8.

Thanks to this website for all of its efforts. I will be sending others here.

@joel406 wrote:

I have finished installung and configureing Win2k8 std. I have 2 Product keys sent to me via MS, so I still have one unused key.

Are these keys valid, as in, ‘forever’, so past the 240 days trial?
      Can I have one please? (if so, please PM me via this board)

I have bought a Lenovo X300 laptop, it came with a Vista Business CD, but I replaced the OS with a win2k8 trial because it’s much more snappy and suitable for my usage. This is what is so sad about it:
      I *have* a license for all things I would like to do with my OS, but I happen to prefer the win2008 server base for it. Pity I can’t exchange my Vista Business license for a WS2008 one.. (Microsoft, are you reading this?)

Yes I do have a product key that allows for full and permentent activation.

Shareing may be problomatic. I have 2 sets of keys. I dont know how many systems the EULA allows that key to be installed on.

THe other key I promised to the other tech in the shop I work at.

If the key allows for multiple setups I’ll share it.

I can activate 2k8 online now. I dont want to lose that.

I know I could probably do a phone activation, but I do that for XP and Vista about 6 times a day. By the end of the day I’m over it.

Soon as I find out how many systems the key will allow I’ll ley you guys know.

If anyone knows how many systems a Win2k8 standard product key can be installed on, please let me know.

By the way I got about 4 keys for Vista bus.. I got 4 or 5 for Ultimate, and i got about a dozen for home premium. So I’m set for Vista and XP and 2k3 keys.

@joel406 wrote:

If anyone knows how many systems a Win2k8 standard product key can be installed on, please let me know.

By the way I got about 4 keys for Vista bus.. I got 4 or 5 for Ultimate, and i got about a dozen for home premium. So I’m set for Vista and XP and 2k3 keys.

Strange, normally if you get PA keys from MS they’ll tell you which version and how many licenses it is for. So, how did you even get these keys? You ought to know how many machines can be equipped with it.

Do you by any chance have a Vista 64 bit (x64) PA key left, or anyone else for that matter? If so please send it to me.
      I’m thinking of undressing a Vista x64 SP1 install, to the point that it is almost like w2k8 Server, because I really detest the idea of having to do something ‘weird’ in order to be able to use my OS after 200 days.

Gosh what a bunch of fools those people at MicroSoft are. Like I would prefer the Vista crap, what are they thinking? Like I would ever pay such money for my w2k8 Server-Workstation install. I’m installing Opensuse instead if it boils down to money.

It does tell me what flavor of WS08 but there is no EULA included, no documentation. The disk were sent to me by a freind at MS directly, with 2 product keys. Both for standard.

So my Win2k8 is activated. Forever!

If you have a key for Vista Ultimate it will work for X64 as well as x86.

If you don’t have a key I have about 5 for Ultimate and I would be glad to share. THey are OEM keys(mostly) and would require a phone in activation but they will activate none the less. Forever!

So let me know.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.