HP Docking Station Driver

Forums Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 R2 Hardware Compatibility HP Docking Station Driver

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I’m running Windows Server 2008 R2 on an HP Elitebook 8540 laptop. I recently purchased the HP docking station to go with the laptop. However, when I’m connected to the docking station I lose high video resolution on my external monitor connected to the docking station. It drops it down below 1400×900. HP says the docking station driver does not support Windows Server 2008 R2 only Windows 7 and Vista. Are they any workaround for this?

HP dockingstation software uses DisplayLink I believe. Download the driver from them I believe its the same thing as downloading the “HP version” of the driver. I’m not entirely sure though but the by the looks of things that should work. I tried installation on server and it worked fine.

http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php

No luck. Thanks for the idea though. The site says the driver is just for the USB to video features and for hardware such as a docking station you need to get the driver from the manufacturer. HP has the driver setup so that when it senses Windows Server it stops the install. Any other ideas?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.